41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2015 11:24 AM by goddamcamper RSS

Cod Ghost app not working!!

Gaz2212

Hey everyone, I really need he'll I downloaded the app onto my iphone a couple weeks ago and when I open it I log in and am just shown a screen of the square image spinning around and loading , I've never once been able to actually look at anything on the app and I really want to so I can look at the clan wars etc does anyone know why this might not be working? (I've tried turning on and off/rebooting/deleting and re downloading the app but it doesn't work!)

really need help!!

• Re: Cod Ghost app not working!!
          BrenyBe4st

Yeah The App Hasn't Been Working For Me Aswell, People Say You Have To Turn Your Intrenet Off Then On But That Doesn't Work And Others Say You Have TO Delete It And Redownload It But That Doesn't Work. I Hope That Activision Or Infinity Ward Fix It!

matuzz

If you are experiencing blank screens or infinite loading issues when navigating the Call of Duty App, you should first restart your device and then retry the app.

There may also be an issue with your connection. We recommend using all apps on a strong Wi-Fi connection. 3G/4G and hotspot internet connections can be unstable.

If restarting your device does not resolve the issue, try uninstalling then reinstalling the app. Refer to your device's instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling apps.

If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, please make sure all of your profile information is up to date:

1. On a desktop or laptop PC, go to callofduty.com and log in to your Call of Duty account.
            2. Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and select Profile.
            3. Check to ensure that you have set a Security Question.
              1. Click Edit next to Security Question.
              2. Select a security question and answer if you have not already done so, then click Save Changes.
            4. Make sure the email used for the account has been verified by clicking the email verification link in the email sent after registering.
            5. Make sure that the appropriate Xbox Live, PSN ID, or Steam ID is linked to your profile.

iceman833

it never does work and if it doesnt its not right

Dan198Zero

The app sucks a bag of D**KS, next time make it available online through a PC or Laptop. I hate using my phone at the best of times. And not everyone can afford the luxury of a nice tablet or phone after paying out for all your DLC

TH3_G00D_S0LD13R

Yeah, the app has its moments. It'll work flawlessly for the first day or so of clan wars, and then do EVERYTHING wrong after that. Currently, I have an "infinite load" on my iPod, "Unknown Error." on my iPhone, and my clan mate who has a windows 8.1 laptop is using the app and on the node we're battling over, it keeps jumping from the enemy clan having 2 points, to 4 points, to we have it captured, to them having 4 points again (without having taken us out of the lead after taking them out) to us taking it over, to them taking it over and us back at 4, all within one game's time.
                  There is NO way to know what nodes we have, what nodes they have, who has how many points... we may as well be playing clan wars blind with no app and just a random number generator deciding who wins. We are one win away from having the last non-diamond item, so it actually kinda matters to my clan this time around.

cybizzorg

All the info you need here:  Beachhead Studio (beachheadstudio) on Twitter

TH3_G00D_S0LD13R

Oh this is a new one. Now the app is saying I'm not in a clan. In the "my clan" tab it shows the clan I'm in, all the info, etc. But when I go to "clan wars" it says I need to join a clan of 3 or more people to participate in the clan war. Cool. So, not only can I not see what's going on, I don't even know if my matches are counting toward the invisible stats.

TooMuchRamen

When you're at the LOG IN SCREEN go down at the bottom where it says CREATE ACCOUNT click that and link your LIVE/PSN/Steam account and hopefully that works

Camaro68

I have asked Activision several times why we have to use a broken app instead of them setting up a web page, and still no answer.

We are their customers and we don't want this crappy app.

I use the Windows 8.1 app and this morning we were in first place. I thought since we are safe, I wouldn't play and we would still be in first place.

After several hours, nothing had changed on the clan war screen, so I stopped the app with task manager.

When I started it back up, we were in third place. All of our nodes had been captured by several clans. The app wasn't updating.

So we have this crusty app that we have to use, and it doesn't work most of the time (at least when we need it the most).

I'll continue sending my demands to Activistion, but since I'm only a peon customer spending my money on their junk I'm sure they won't listen.

appledaniel

yep, mine wont update till i log out and back in, just like last time!, i run it on windows 8.1 also. it doesnt update! this happened last time!, exact same thing, and the timer does not work once again.

jnikoley

I run the app on windows 8.1 (PC), and for the last two wars, the app does not update your wins if you change the view from one node to another, or minimize the app and re-open it.  The only way it has updated is to close it completely, then reopen it, as you did. Beachhead won't acknowledge this as an issue, since the app is not supported on a PC, period.  That's just "cover" for shoddy programming.  There's no reason an app running on the same OS wouldn't work on a device that has more RAM, a faster processor, and a larger HD.  Knowing this, I run the app on three different "devices", Win 8.1 (PC), Android emulator (blue stacks), and IOS (iphone). If one of the devices is buggy, usually one of the others will work. That said, it's all pointless when the whole system Beachhead uses to update wins and push data to the app doesn't work.  That's been the main issue in the last few wars. It amazes me that any company could provide such a shoddy service and be in buisiness.  Why Activision hired them is beyond me. 

matuzz

The current build seems to be broken on both Android and iOS for many users. On the Windows Phone 8 it seems to work. And that is for the login problem.

TH3_G00D_S0LD13R

Yeah, due to the app not running, not updating, and not counting points (for un-captured nodes, so it's not that another team was taking them away), I have officially given up on clan wars. It was a cool idea, and I would have loved being able to actually unlock things, but a red skull mask for my character isn't worth the aggravation of dealing with a completely broken clan war. I'd rather go back to playing game modes I prefer to play, having fun, enjoying the game. Clan wars has gotten to the point where I'm playing for a few hours in my spare time and not enjoying it.

jnikoley

I was close to that point this last war.  With all the issues with the app, we had to play the game without anyone seeing what the status of the nodes were.  We made a lucky pick for a node, as it turned out, but there were many other problems with the app this war. Beachhead, you seriously need to step aside at this point.  You've had your chance.

Oscarpipo10

Hey i dont know but the second screen doesnt works for me what do i do please help me i thinks is the app

Menacex_oChick

Haha I hate iPhones personally. Too many issues. Maybe the app was under maintenance? Try again and see if it works.

TheNyans

Thats the same for me. its not working. it says Loading then it just has the ghosts backround and stays there

ChippieMonster

I Found that the app is constantly telling me that it's currently under maitenance, oh how I hope so! I have tried signing in multiple times and it comes up with an error, it gets frustrating

Shinigamae

The COD app stops working months before COD: AW releases. When I log in to it, app keeps saying "No internet connection". Oh boy, I think of it as a dead boy now. You guys may never see this guy up and running again. They left it.

dwruggere

I am trying to change my clan name but it keeps giving me "invalid name."  I know there is no other clan with the name I am trying and there is nothing derogatory in the name.  Why can't I change the name?  Someone please help.

featherman84

App doesn't work anymore it keeps prompting service unavailable.

truelife_igame

it has never worked for me and i have tried several times over the last few months.  it finally did something today when i tried to open it, but all it did was redirect me to the app store to the AW app.  which i am sure will not work either and i don't even own AW.  why should i buy it if the app probably won't work and i won't be able to join a clan?  why build the game with clans in mind if we can't use the features intended?

JICICI_177

Yes the Call of Duty Ghosts app is NOT working now on my Android 4.1+ (4.4 os) based mobile or tablet devices. It worked about 1 month ago. At that point when I downloaded and edited our clans details. But now the Ghosts App upon attempting to login redirects me to Google Play store to download...get this...Advanced Warfare. But I already have the Ghosts app and the Advanced Warfare app. Go figure.

Then the Advanced Warfare app doesn't work either. It shows that no multiplayer matches have been played by my PSN profile. Are you kidding me?

MaxDiamond311

For me, it just takes me on to the app store and tries to make me buy the Advanced Warfare App!

I don't have advanced warfare! I want to the call of duty ghosts app!

It's so stupid, as now you can do nothing in the way of updating your clan to give it a clan tag or something, the only thing you can do is name it! It's so useless! Activision need to do something about it, but they haven't...

It really annoys me as now they have effectively destroyed all new clans and the only clans that you can join are the ones that were created before the app went down.

If you search it on the app store, it doesn't even come up! Just shows the COD Heroes, and the AW app - neither of which I want!

>:(

MaxAndThePizza

goddamcamper

For all of you that have not read the other 20 posts on this issue. THE APP HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. PER BEACHHEAD STUDIOS. There may be a update to allow clan management in game at a future  date but i doubt it.