7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2014 1:01 AM by Derrick4Real RSS

Are Devastation maps not in Domination? Why don't they ever show up?

I ordered and downloaded the new Devastation maps but when i select Domination they never ever show up as even choices. The only way i can play Devastation maps is through the Devastation playlist that has a bunch of games like domination and search. Are the expansion packs not available by just picking domination like they were in MW2? I normally only play Domination because at least the spawns are somewhat predictable (but still utter crap).. I've played about a week and a half on domination and never played an expansion map. When i played mw3 if you bought an expansion pack it came up when playing just domination. And the playlists suck because i don't want to play search and destroy where you have to wait to respawn plus i'm not good at that mode as i never play it. Plus domination is often skipped. Deathmatch i get spawn killed a lot.

Is there some setting I need to turn on? Are Devastation maps not in Domination? Why don't they ever show up? I play domination almost exclusively so it's a disappointment. Any help is appreciated.

• Re: Are Devastation maps not in Domination? Why don't they ever show up?
          gotsomestars

You can only play them in the playlist.

W1D1

Currently you can only play them in the special Devastation playlists.  They will likely be available on the regular playlists once the third dlc Invasion is released.

WOW! I feel robbed. So like 3 months? What a rip-off. I can barely stomach a few games now let alone in three months. I basically barely play the devastation maps after buying them because the game modes are so bad. What a waste of money. They should have made it clear that i would have to play some special playlists only when you purchase them.

FalconR6

To be fair Derrick the map packs having their own playlist to begin with is normal for cod. If you bought Onslaught, the first of the map packs, you would have seen the those maps were not integrated into normal rotation until Devastation was released.

Why do they do this --> matchmaking.

Note: If you have not got Onslaught, but have bought Devastation, you might find it difficult to find lobbies once Devastation moves into general rotation. This is because not many folks would only have Devastation, and not Onslaught.  You get lobbied up with fellow gamers who share the same map packs as you.

I did not buy Onslaught. But i only bought a second map pack for mw2 as well and i had no problem finding lobbies. I suspect that with a world full of players there's still plenty of people to match. Regardless, i really did not like Ghosts as the maps were too big on top of bad spawns, etc. The map pack was a last resort to hopefully extend the gameplay. I saw reviews of Devastation. 3 small to medium maps and that's pretty much why i bought it. Since right now there's about 6 or 7 original maps that i now just refuse to play most of the time cause they are bad. Unfortunately i bought the maps expecting it to be just like what i new from mw2 which was you just pick domination and eventually new maps show up. Not the case so sadly, after playing too much search for my sanity, all i play is regular domination on the same crap maps on the regular playlists. They mad add them in 3 months but I think the likelihood of me still playing this game still then is slim to none. In fact i played like 6 games tonight, got annoyed, check this thread between matches, got more annoyed and turned it off (first time i've rage quit based off the internet. Well that and Flood came up as a map).

They have their reasons for doing what they did. I get it. I can live with it. It's disappointing for me, since it defeats the only reason i bought it, or at least prolongs it to a point when i'll likely be sick of the game. But whatever. And sadly i don't want to sit through 5 search games at a plodding pace of guys camping to get to a domination game. It's their game they can do what they want. just for me as a consumer i just have to spend my money more wisely, like not on map packs. I didn't before. I shouldn't have this time. My bad.

oh and thanks for your response. At least now I know my settings aren't incorrect.