20 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2014 1:43 PM by myevo8you RSS

I H8 players from other Continents

Lucent76

I don't mean personally I'm sure they are lovely people but it would be nice to have a best connection option instead of playing people from thousands of Kilometers away. And why is it they always seem to get a big fat lag comp advantage?. I noticed that in Black Ops 2 as well.

• Re: I H8 players from other Continents
          gotsomestars

There is no such thing as "lag comp" advantage or disadvantage.

gotsomestars

Lawl, do some research. Spouting something that your brothers brother told you doesn't make it fact. And the SAD part is, in the time you've taken to rant, you could just do the research and understand how it ACTUALLY WORKS.

Lucent76

I have been on both sides of lag comp on many many many an occasion. Sadly with me for Ghost its been nearly all the bad side but it is playing better of late. To claim there is no such thing as lag comp advantage in COD is practically trolling as far as I am concerned.

nicedrewishfela

I don't think that anyone denies it can be a factor from time to time.

But most of us don't blame it for all of our poor performances.

gotsomestars

Lag and packet transfer can be an issue, but not "lag comp".

myevo8you

gotsomestars wrote:

Lag and packet transfer can be an issue, but not "lag comp".

Your ignorance is bliss.

Lag compensation WILL make players either ahead of, or behind what is actually going on. The way lag comp works, is that it "smooths" laggy/choppy/poor connections so other players see a sooth moving character, but in reality that players hit box could be 2-3 feet (game space) from where there character is on the screen.

While there are a ton of complaints about something being lag comp that are false, I can PERSONALLY tell you that when MW3 was released and I was host (about 90% of games) I would be lag compensated to the point where I literally could not get a kill.

Lag compensation is real, and it does affect the gameplay.

I am beginning to wonder if YOU have any idea how lag comp works completely and its effect's in online gaming with players very distant from one another, you know... different countries. Hell even West coast US to East coast US is too damn far for a optimum gaming experience in CoD.

So far i have only seen you spout the same lines without substance, stating the one complaining is delusional.At least show proof backing your side by doing a Google and copy/paste and claiming fact, its rather easy. Since you seemed to not notice that the OP is complaining about the effects of lag comp between players from different countries that should never be in the same lobby together in online matchmaking. That and complaining about the lack of a functioning regional filter.

Now if it were about all lag compensation, more precisely close range connections. Then i would have joined you pointing out that the OP is simply whining. However, since he is not and only complaining about the difference in connections with long distant players from him, at least throw him a bone. Agreeing that playing against other countries is brutal if on the bad side of lag comp (yes it does exist, but with players in close range, it's practically non-existent) and that it would be nice to have a regional filter. Instead in a nutshell you proceed to call him a blathering idiot, good job!

For example, i should never be matched with someone out of the South East region of the US. Only bringing players from neighboring regions when search exceeds a certain time limit and then branch out. Which Ghost's does not; it is blatantly obvious.

I'm not gonna bother doing a copy/paste from a couple sources, so you can say that the source isn't up to your standards. Even though it's the same as 20 others.

Sorry, it's nothing personal. Just your opinion and posts irritated me, that's all.

Come to think of it, i wonder what Vegeta would say about the level of your unobservant approach.

starbuckfrack

So if you got complaints about the matchmaking then dont complain about the lag comp that comes with it. Complain about the matchmaking itself.

But depending on the country you are in the only choice might be people from other countries.

If there is only 500 people in one type of game for example you might only be able to connect to 3 or 4 lobbies, and if it happens to be far away then you are stuck with it.

If one player has a friend in Japan and he is in the US of course you are going to get Japan in your lobby.

Plus if someone makes an observation which actually has already proven to be true and the OPs only reply is BS what do you expect ? Do you expect the responder to lovingly caress his shoulders and console him to make the OP feel better ?

Lucent76

The thing about lag comp advantage /disadvantage in COD is.

Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows - Lyrics "22" - YouTube

starbuckfrack

You got any developer stating that its even possible ? After years of discussing it you people have not shown a single shred of proof that lag comp gives you an advantage UNLESS you are host but thats a different story. The HOST will be the only on with an advantage / disadvantage but player to player all will still be equal unless the host was in a gunfight. And that depends on how much advantage disadvantage was placed in the game in the code.

Short basic version is when you got 50 ms and the other guy has 300 ms you BOTH get delayed by 350 ms. There is no advantage there. Now since you have 50 ms lag you are going to receive the data first. Its impossible for the person with 300 ms delay to see it before you. Of course that is not talking rewind time etc.

People from another country dont do anything except bring more of a delay into the game. The games code doesnt work any differently then it does when you are just in this country.

As a matter of fact when playing Titanfall my lag time is only 100 ms away from a server in England. So there isnt much difference.

I get people from South Amercia all the time , you dont see me blaming them because I got killed and (no offense) but we have better connection quality than them due to the internet issues in Mexico. Gunfights are still equal. Besides I doubt you get a resume from every single person in every single lobby. you have no idea for example in every game if the host was in the US or in the UK or in Japan so if that WERE the case then wouldnt you be getting the advantage in every game since you would be further from the host ?

Why is it that in ALL the games out there that use lag comp (meaning ALL online games) COD is the only one that gives all these players some kind of advantage / disadvantage ? You type those words in google and only the COD forums show up and no developer discussion ever shows up ? Not even a simple programming page ?

Its also impossible for you to have the best connection every game. If you are further from the host then guess what ? You no longer have the best connection. So in YOUR opinion you would win every single game hands down if you were further from the host.

Lucent76

You can write a book on it for all I care cause like that catchy old song goes "Everybody knows" and more importantly I know.

starbuckfrack

Just because some guy writes a song with everybody knows in it doesnt make it true. If that were the case then "Everybody knows you are full of it". Why is that ? Because I know.

Added this Its also impossible for you to have the best connection every game. If you are further from the host then guess what ? You no longer have the best connection. So in YOUR opinion you would win every single game hands down if you were further from the host.

So how do you know you have the best connection every game ? Cause its impossible you cant.

Lucent76

Frackity frack I really don't understand what you are discussing here.

Everybody knows Cod Has lag comp balance issues. Everybody has had those games where you can do no wrong and other games where you're shooting enemies in the back from 3 games meters away and they simply don't die.

So you and your friends can write to the contrary until the cows come home.

Your not convincing me or anybody else.

starbuckfrack

And your point is ?

If you are closer to the host in one game and you are farther from the host in another game then guess what ? You are going to have different hit detections in the game. Doesnt mean that you are being advantaged or disadvantaged.

Doesnt mean its lag comp "bablancing" it means you got a different PING and sometimes you cant hit the guy with the really bad ping because you arent actually hitting where he is. If the guy with the really bad ping has a lot of packet loss then guess what ? He isnt going to die as easily in that short amount of time.

For example packet loss can be an advantage but its not because it was programmed into the lag code. But because the lag code cant respond to the lost packets fast enough. It has to guess what is going on.

You can EASILY make your connection so its full of packet loss and be practically invincible. But do those guys go 0 and 50 every game ? No.

starbuckfrack

Simple question...

How do you know YOU are or arent the one being advantaged ? When you play with other countries how do you know if YOU arent the foreigner furthest away from the host ?

Assuming you are in the UK how do you know if the host is in the UK ? How do you know if the host is in the US ? How do you know if you are actually the one with the problem and not the other guy ?

If you and the host are in the UK and you got an american in your lobby how do you know you got the disadvantage ? If the host is in the US how do you know you got the advantage ? Because of the killcam ? killcams mean nothing.

gotsomestars

ERM, go look at the other thread on "lag comp" I JUST linked ONE of my MANY sources.

nicedrewishfela

Maybe they have great connections... and your connection is the problem...

Medrano911

Lag is not always the problem, I am not usually the host and end up on the bad side of it, but I find the pattern of how it works and use it to my advantage.