46 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2014 7:03 PM by Shadowelite555 RSS

Sniping Needs to be fixed

One-Dynamic

As we all know sniping in this game is very poor compared to black ops 2, so this why i have started this discussion. Now does anyone agree with me that sniping mechanics from black ops 2 should have been put into ghost. well thanks for reading and hope they but it in the next update.

• Re: Sniping Needs to be fixed
          stilirise1979

sniping should be sniping. hiding in a corner and waiting for an enemy to approach to take care of your team(area). sniping should NOT involve moving around like you are have an assault or SMG. snipers are initially meant to take care of your team from distance, quick scoping from close range and others of the sort should not be involved. if you ask me this should be what it is supposed to be, a long range weapon, meant to support your team by picking off those that you can.

stilirise1979

i believe that the sniping is very good. it gives players the chance to snipe from distance, but limits the close range BS that BO2 made.

Alky6

Yup, I think sniping has been improved in Ghosts. Even though I've never even held a sniper rifle, from reading books about it, I feel that it's actually correct now compared to BO2. 

Wess-L

that is your opinion not a fact. snipers have always been part of the game and will always be a part of the game.

i know qs is annoying because of the auto aim issue and they can shoot your foot with a bad qs and kill you.

but sniping was horrible and not played by the most in blackops.

i think sniping in ghosts is great and should stay like that . if you want to snipe you shouldn't be limited and slow as a lmg.

you should not be camping at the back of you spawn. promoting this kind of play slows the game down and makes it horrible to play.

also sniping isn't supposed to be played in 1 way like you say. its ridiculous that you think it should be played only the way you want it to work.

Sniper_OldDays

So what your saying is you want a lot of people to camp in corners rather than rushing with snipers

COD_GHOSTBUSTERS

that's just plain stupid..  quickscope and no scope requires mad skill..  nobody in the ******* world likes a camper!! camping is lame.,,,  get up a move around the map...play the game at least.. its just too boring to imagine... its like your pretending to be a sentry gun.. and I don't like any campers.. whether snipe or smg.. anyone that sits and hides in one place trying to get an easy kill with no effort is a complete waste I snipe.. a lot and I have to run the map..i have to,, I play dropzone,, cranked.. kill confirmed.. blitz...domination...  now you tell me your gonna just camp those maps????   what a selfish loser hyou are,,  and your not supporting your team.. only you own K/D ratio... selfish prick ... get a life

Alky6

Running and gunning, doing continuous circuits around the map and getting 19 kills and 23 deaths.... is not supporting your team either.  Get over yourself.

deathpunch123

Going 30-0 because you know how to use a sniper rifle for it's original purpose isn't helping your team huh? A REAL sniper finds a nice elevated position to not only get kills for his K/D, but also does call outs if/when he misses or can't get a shot on someone. Using a sniper rifle to run around the map like a mad man isn't helping your team, considering how hard it is for most people to even break even like that... If you'd like to run around use an smg, assault rifle, or something like that

theroc23

Rarely saw sniping in BO2, but I see a metric-crap ton of snipers in Ghost. Pretty sure some of that is a function of the difference in maps, but generally speaking if the sniper platforms weren't capable no one would be using them regardless of map design.

dannon_93

In my opinion they ruined sniping in Ghosts! And to complain about running around with a sniper and shooting, is to say that you must not be very good if someone can kill you close range with a sniper. I myself would rather see quickscopers over hardscoping which takes no skill and in essence is camping!

Jonny_McClatch

I wouldn't say that, quickscoping doesn't take a massive amount of skill... plus hardscoping obviously takes longer to scope up which means there's going to be more time for the enemy to kill you. QS is essentially a glitch anyway, there's no way it should actually work... anyway I don't see what the issue is you can actually still qs on Ghosts you just have to change your aim slightly from Black Ops II. I actually prefer the sniping in this, even though I no longer use it since I earned both gillies.

brentcers37

Considering my reactions are very quick, I usually shoot qs'ers first. However a couple of nights ago while I was on an 18 gunstreak I shot a qs'er first, put him absolutely red screened and he pop shotted me in the leg. I died and as a result, I was absolutely furious that I had gotten so far only to be denied by a squeaker getting lucky.

Now, there is no way that a sniper should be absolutely anything at close quarters. I still stand by my idea of changing snipers so that they don't work while standing up. You should ONLY be able to use them while prone.

AValidReason

i do agree on hardscoping taking less skill but look at this, hardscoping is traditional sniping aka camping,which people are anoyed of,quick scoping is treating the weapon with different tactics and improvising for close rang combat, which people get anoyed at. if one person does on thing or the other, the community rages, so in other word, everybody shut and let the noobs and pros and all the other people play how THEY want to.

stilirise1979

there are many great maps for sniping, obviously the larger ones as everybody knows. I dont see a problem with it. ( i often get butchered in these maps as well). but these are legit kills. long shot kills. i see no need to change anything with the way that they are using snipers. they are meant to handle business from long range. I think they are great the way they are.

Schoat333

I do better at sniping in this game than I did in blops 2 TBH.

theroc23

Quick scoping takes some practice to be sure, but the mechanics in BO2 supplied the "skill". LOL

IMO they left out QSing in this game for the same reason they departed from the cartoonish characteristics of BO2...they didn't want QSers running around and making a mockery of the game by running R&G assault with a sniper rifle.

I'm pretty sure that's why they met the players in the middle with the "Marksman" class. 

WRECKu

I like sniping in Ghosts, it sure beats that QS BS in BLOPS.

LumpyPlug

BO2 was the worst game in the CoD franchise. The sniping in that game was garbage. I couldn't get into a lobby without finding 3 people running around with snipers, but in CoD Ghosts, snipers are actually doing what snipers should be doing. It's phenomenal to me that a good 75% of people are actually using snipers for their intended purposes.

Sniper_OldDays

That's because there is barely any snipers left on Ghosts any more. They all left because Infinity Ward started hating on snipers. They buff the smgs for the pro players but the pro players don't even like cod Ghosts. The most popular pro player (on youtube) is OpTic_NaDeSHoT and he said this about the game:

"Call of Duty Ghosts is the worst Call of Duty in the franchise. There is just a lot of things they did wrong. They’re stubborn about it. They’ve gradually come out with changes that have improved things, but collectively everyone realizes that this is a game that doesn’t have a lot of longevity. The skill gap is very low. It’s just the way it is."

Raketti

That's one persons opinion. Also, MLG pros are probably the biggest whiners in the community. If they don't make the game specifically for their needs (and they are the minority), it's broken or at least they ban the things they don't like or don't want to adapt to.

xxphenomen4xx

I thought the two were very similar, untill they nerfed my usr!?  Now it's more challenging,  because I have to make sure to get chest shots for ohks!)

LegionSlayer

Sniping does need to be fixed. The damage on the snipers is way too high. The one shot kill zone with snipers should be chest up without chrome lined and waist up (unless you hit the forearms) with chrome lined.

brentcers37

I honestly think that a sniper should ONLY be used while prone. That is the only way to kill quickscoping.

HAILARROW

Sniping is great in this game its just that the damage has been brought down during the first few updates

milo-iq

I don't think sniper rifles are op, got the kill cam the other day with a L115, 3 shots! From about 30yards away, ova 2000m in real life . Not really worked on the class yet on ghosts, IMO blops2 was the easiest to snipe MW 2 took practice. I also get the feeling that once you've got ova 100 kills with a particular rifle it gets a lot easier now this could be practice but I think it may be in the game as on my second account or if I use a different rifle it's back to not being able to hit a barn door.

Sniper_OldDays

Sniping was fine back in the day. I really enjoyed mw3 because of the sniping (quickscoping). To be honest, the snipers in ghosts were all right until IF decided to patch them. They are now inaccurate, marsh-mellow guns. I mean, they are nerfing the snipers to the point where there's no point playing. I've gone back to mw3 and bo2 now because of this. I would really have enjoyed ghosts if they had not nerfed the snipers but every man and his dog (no pun intended) is just complaining about them. Watch, when the snipers are 100% useless and no-one uses them, then you will all complain about something else.

Carvalho16

The sniping mechanics from Black Ops II are one of the main reasons why a lot of people didn't bother with this game in the first place. For every BS DSR quickscope red screen nonsense kill, you have someone on the receiving end probably wanting to trade their game in, someone who ends up breaking another controller and countless more who probably frisbeeed their Black Ops II disk out of the window.

If you want to continue with player count killing mechanics then I'm sure Black Ops II still functions. Not to say sniping is ideal in this game; but it's a damn sight better than the Black Ops II atrocity.

Schoat333

I like sniping in this game. I have noticed I've been getting a lot more hit markers lately tho. Probably a connection thing.

Raketti

No, no, and no. Cheapscoping was way too easy in BO2.

Tomball_TX

Dear sniper type people,

While a good number of the players will actually move around. I find you the most despicable of all. you hide in got danged ghillie suit to afraid to run and maybe get killed because you value you over inflated kill/death ratio. You sniper are  A hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

less than a man.

have great week.

Sniper_OldDays

I find that more smg users wear the ghillie suit in ghosts. This gets me annoyed because it should just be snipers. Also, you moan about snipers camping, and then you moan about them rushing...so what are they supposed to do? Not play the game because you are a selfish try-hard? Well you got your way. All us snipers left ghosts after the unnecessary and stupid nerfs and returned to bo2 and mw3

brentcers37

I think they should bring back what they did for Black Ops 1. You can only use certain uniforms with certain guns. Eg; Using a sniper rifle grants you access to the sniper suits and the ghillie suits, but locks you from the Tactical and Operator suits. DLC suits can be used on any class, of course.

deathpunch123

Dear guy whom thinks everyone should play the same way, please pay me the $60 i spent on the game and i will gladly play the way you like. It's a game, people play it different ways, i've got classes for both run and gun as well as (real) sniping. I'll play how ever i want to depending on the map.

Is it my fault that you people don't know how to flank, it's not like you don't know where we are. For that matter, is it my fault you keep coming at me from the same direction?

toby_jugs

sniping better in blops2?

erm....guys running around hip firing sniper rifles is soooooo last year.

BrianBell

There is no way sniping was better in Black Ops 2 than it is in Ghosts.  In Black Ops 2, you could literally run and gun with a sniper and go all Beast Mode on the opposing team.  I can't count the number of times I'd get put into a lobby against either an entire 6-person clan team or a team that had 2 or 3 members of a clan on it and all those guys did was run around the map quick scoping left and right.  I also can't count the number of times where I could flank a sniper, pull my gun up and get hit markers on that sniper, only for the guy to quickly spin around, quick scope me, drop me in one shot, and then continue about his business.

While Ghosts is not perfect when it comes to sniping (still think Activision needs to tell these developers to take out the auto aim for sniper rifles as that would eliminate quick scoping period), very rarely do I run into a player on this game, running and gunning with a sniper rifle AND THAT'S THE WAY IT OUGHT TO BE.  Sniper rifles are meant to be used by people who get themselves to a vantage point (whether that be on the roof of a building, top of a hill or a window in the second or third story of a building) and get kills from range.  I have no issue getting killed by a sniper from a distance; I cannot stand getting killed by a sniper in a CQB situation where their gun should have very little to no effectiveness.

DoubleH215

I have never played Black Ops 2 like that. So I have never tried the sniper rifle on that game. So I wouldn't know. But I do feel that Ghosts sniper rifles are off. Sometime I would miss and get a kill. And when I hit somebody in the upper body with no ballistic vest on, I get a hitmarker. Sometimes it doesn't even register.

I mean, you would think that it's an online problem. But I believe I had the same problem in the campaign mode. Try quick scoping in campaign mode. I'm trying to tell ya, it's the same thing. Maybe because you can be moving too fast for the game to register it or something. I don't know. But please check to see if I'm wrong.

deathpunch123

Sniping is way better in ghosts actually. In Blops 2 they where glorified shot guns, in Ghosts the maps are large enough to use a sniper rifle effectively. Quickscoping was never is anyway a good thing. I can understand getting a lucky close range kill with a sniper, but being able to purposefully do it is ridiculous. Admittedly it does take some skill/practice to pull off well, but even still you'll rarely do more than brake even, it's an inefficient way to use the gun. If ghosts got anything right, it was sniping.

Gunnerman677

Sniping in Black Ops 2 is far too easy. I'm glad it was made more difficult for Ghosts. The target assist in Black Ops 2 was ridiculously unfair.

Deadpewl

Sniping in ghosts is way better, the maps are large enough to sit back and pop off people, the quickscoping is balanced and not OP like in bo2. and i love the delay they give before aim assist kicks in after sighting in, can't tell how many times i tried quickscoping as a last resort in previous games only to have my cross hair target the enemy i wasn't trying to aim for.