1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 105 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 6:03 PM by Shadowelite555 Go to original post RSS
      • 70. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
        Rexens_View

I know the Tracker is the Target Finder what I was implying is the Thermal is a more effective scope to use as a target finder.

I should have phrased it better.

• 71. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
          Rexens_View

Also the Thermal in Ghosts is vastly different to BO2's thermal hybrid.

One is Green Nightvision with yellow body heat the other is thermal infra-red in gray-scale which shows players significantly better than it's predecessor.

• 72. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
            Rexens_View

I disagree.

Your ping to your local ISP test server is in no way indicative of how your P2P matchmaking experience will play out.

The host may be 2,000 miles away from you where as the local ISP server is usually very close.

Then you have to factor in the hosts internet connection plus packet loss, congestion etc....

I agree with your point about the map integration splitting the player pool.

It is splitting an already small player-base into tiny ones where you have a significantly reduced good connection chance.

• 73. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
              Rexens_View

Agreed.

I can play on really well on shaped internet speed @ 256kbs.

• 74. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                rainmaker6

You know you can always take extreme examples to try to disprove something but the fact that you used an extreme example proves in fact it is in fact true. Fact, if I have a 5ms ping to my ISP router and the next guy has 100ms and everything else is equal my connection will be better. If you want to claim you are right because you are looking at exceptions to the rule you really haven't added anything to the discussion.

• 75. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                  Rexens_View

Damn you are stupid.

Extreme examples ? I call it reality mate.

Fact, your ping will be 5ms BECAUSE the test server is so close.

Try assigning a long and mid distance test server and see what you ping is.

Nothing is ever equal when you are taking into account hundreds if not thousands of variable that make up data connections.......

Fact, if I have a 5ms ping to my ISP router and the next guy has 100ms and everything else is equal my connection will be better

WRONG !

FACT: Your ping most certainly does not mean your connection will be better to the host.

If the host has a 100ms ping TO YOU then you will have a 100ms ping TO HIM.

If some random guy has a 100ms ping then it is TO HIS TEST SERVER, not yours (unless you call him and say "designate test server XXX and tell me your ping").

Otherwise I could designate my neighbour as a test server and I would have like a 1 or 2ms ping which has no bearing as to my connection to someone on the other side of the country.

A ping measured from a commercial or interdependently hosted test server is not indicative to your peer-to-peer connection to someone else's router/console.

Stop making ridiculous, made up statements Rain then claiming them as fact without researching.

• 76. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                    ANWRambo

THE SPAWN SYSTEM.

That will be the death of COD.

• 77. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty

Oh my God how I agree with you right now. I don't think I have ever been as mad at this game then I was a few minutes ago. Damn near slammed my controller on the ground, thought about it and realized I didn't want to end up with a broken controller because of a broken game, and took my pillow and slammed it on my bed multiple times instead. Why? Because of the sh**ty spawns.

I really don't get it. With most of the maps being medium to large size, how do you explain or even come close to justifying spawning a guy right next to me multiple times in a row? I mean seriously. While Infinity Ward is busy getting Snoop Dogg or Snoop Lion doing voiceovers for the game, how about fixing the f****ing respaws. I swear its super hard to enjoy playing this game anymore and I'm so very very close to getting back whatever money I can for it and moving on. At least I would still have all the other Cods to play. I honestly like this game, but its hard to keep supporting it sometimes.

The spawns, the matchmaking, the lag, I don't know, its just like it all of a sudden got very bad every since the new maps went into the regular rotation. 1 step forward, 2 steps back with IW. I get it, their trying to save their game by making it more desirable to buy with the all cool DLC, but please fix the problems it has. That will make it plenty desirable for me.

Rant over.

• 78. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                        DocChoi

The thing is with the spawns, it usually happens when one or two people from the opposing team decide to rush a spawn and with the rest of the team getting multiple kills at once, making a temporary spawn trap. I have a game from yesterday, which something similar happened. Given I was the player rushing, but will it will literally show players getting killed and spawning pretty much in front of me leading to another kill. You have me on PSN anyway, I will post the gameplay later on and you can see it for yourself.

• 79. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                          Mikenasty_1

Just because two completely different things have a time limit and a score included... does not make them comparable. I was really hoping you would explain it to me. If someone is going to tell me I'm wrong about something, at least tell me why I am wrong.

So tell me how a NFL game is the same as a TDM game.

Last time I checked, NFL games had a time limit, with no score limit.

TDM is a game that is supposed to be won by score limit, with a time limit to keep a game from dragging out to silly lengths, same with most games mode really.

So like I said earlier, when TDM has no score limit and plays to the timer, or when a NFL team can win in the 3rd quarter by score limit, you can compare them. Instead of saying you cannot explain something to me, why not enlighten me. If you can tell me why that is wrong, I won't argue the fact. Nothing wrong with providing an insightful post to someone who is confused about a matter. Is that not one of the reasons the forums are here?

1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next