1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 105 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 6:03 PM by Shadowelite555 Go to original post RSS
      • 80. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
        gotsomestars

A better comparison would have been any game with a "mercy" rule. Cod kids nowadays only accept a mercy rule loss. A loss by time limit isn't acceptable.

• 81. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
          gotsomestars

No worries mate a good disagreement, as long as both sides don't get all huffy, can be helpful.

• 82. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
            Bubbakush

Because the score limit in TDM is nothing more than a mercy rule from youth baseball. TDM could be a 5 minute game with no score limit and play the same way. A TDM game is suppose to be own with more kills than the other team doesn't mater if by score limit or time limit the only point is to have more kills than your opponent.

• 83. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
              DFlynn

I read the original post and some of the first comment (that was enough reading for me for one thread) so sorry if i repeat what someone else has already said. I totally agree with you on some  points. There are a lot of cowards in the community. The guys sitting in corners with thermal lmg's and so on, however i'm not sure if they are going to destroy call of duty. Maybe public matches but not the whole thing.

I think Activision or whoever makes these decisions have pretty much decided that camping is going to be part of the game. For a lot of people that sucks but that's just the way it is. Play a private match with bots and you'll see that camping is programmed right into the game. I've thought about it a lot and i really does suck. I was ranked at about 500 in FFA but i finally had enough and decided to stop playing public games. I've spent a few months playing clan v clan (best thing they added to ghosts) private matches with other teams and gb's. What i'm getting at is there is more than playing public matches with these kids who don't care about a win and just worry about keeping their k/d up.

As far as the thermal lmg's, ied's and all that annoying stuff goes. it doesn't really bother me that much. If you've got enough skill you should be able to handle it or if you don't want to deal with it then play a game mode where people cant use it. I do miss playing some of the game modes form the public playlist and i do play them some times but they really aren't worth the haste. If camping was adjusted somehow then this game would be great but i just cant see them doing anything about it.

• 84. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                Mikenasty_1

That time limit is set in place so games don't go 30 minutes while people play "tactically". Would you sit in one game for 30 min in TDM?

"A TDM game is suppose to be own with more kills than the other team doesn't mater if by score limit or time limit the only point is to have more kills than your opponent."

TDM games are supposed to be won by score, not time (I'm not sure if you meant to spell owned or won, due to previous posts I did not want to jump to conclusions, but I am going to assume won) .

You bring up the mercy rule, and I had to retract my previous statement to gotsomestars (which I have enjoyed several of your other posts on the forums, so no hard feelings). In what way is a score of 45-30 a mercy rule in your eyes, as far as TDM goes?

I think you mean "the time ran out before I saw enough people?"  When your team does not kill the specified number of people(75), designated by the game in time, that is a failure on your team's part for not participating enough in the game....

You didn't answer me on NFL, now you bring up youth baseball mercy rule?! LOL. Come on man

When you go to the point of using youth baseball as a comparison to CoD, you probably don't have much of a point to argue lol ... That  is all I'm saying.

• 85. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                  malditor

I actually see the time limit as more of the "mercy" part of TDM. The goal is to score 75, however you are granted the mercy of the game not lasting more than 10 minutes to get there, hah.

• 86. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                    Mikenasty_1

Lol. May the CoD gods have mercy on us all

• 87. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                      LT--SHiNySiDeZ-

I got a question for you.  If you always complain about something then why do you still bother playing the game.  It doesn't matter what way people play in my eyes it's their game their money.  If someone wants to pay $400 for a PS4 and another $110 for Cod and the season pass them let them be happy.  When you start paying for peoples games then you can complain about the way people play.

• 88. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                        onlineace

From my personal experience of playing COD and from reading posts on everything from online forums  to magazine articles its common knowledge that the poorer your connection is the better you do on COD.  If this is not the case why do internet sites sell lag switches!

Port forwarding, Static Ip addresses all bs!  This game runs well on two things.  Location and poor connections.  Coupled together makes you a God like.

Why is it I can go postive playing wireless 75 percent of the time and negative almost 90 percent of the time hard wired!?

Heres another good example.  I just got back from NY where my buddie had a ps4 so naturally we played Ghosts.  He was running a poor wireless connection, yet I managed to play extremely well!  I felt god like playing on his machine.  He was a 2.15 K/D player. Got home this morning.  Logged on excited and full of confidence to be right back to where I was again!! Falling into poor matchmaking. Lopsided games.

This will probably be my last rant about the poor connection theory.  I have seen the other side and its clear im not the problem.  The game is the PROBLEM!!