1 2 3 Previous Next 95 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2014 2:01 PM by EJKHunter RSS

stop commenting on this thread please.

tocosamurii

Convo is done, please move on to a different thread. Thank you everyone for voicing your opinions. Good luck to all.

• 1. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
          Ovrlord

The way you worded this post makes me think you're complaining just because you're losing games because of grenade launchers. Just because they use this method to kill someone does not mean they suck. People will play the game differently than you will. Everyone will not play the same way. This does not mean they are idiots for using such tactics. It may be annoying for it to happen, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are bad players.

• 2. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
            EJKHunter

Though you do have to admit tubes are the go-to attachment/weapon of choice for people that can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn in Call of Duty games lol I've frustrated people so badly in some matches that they literally announced after the last kill I gave them that the "Tubes" were "coming out". Then they proceeded to make up for a 3 and 12 ratio by turning it into a 23 and 12 by the end of the game - doing absolutely nothing but launching tubes at my team. It's literally the cheap shot attachment for turning your game around, and you can't deny that much. Now, that aside, it still takes a bit of skill to actually put a tube through a narrow gap and two-piece the enemy team while running away from gunfire, so I have to give credit where credit is due lol 9 times out of 10 they're used by people that aren't very accurate with a bullet (or being an a-hole lol) that have gotten dramatically good at putting a 5mm grenade up your butt from 200 feet without sweating a drop.. again, I give props to the unorthodox level of talent it takes to accomplish that.

All that aside, a cheap kill is a cheap kill no matter how you decorate the words to describe it lol

• 3. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
              myevo8you

EJKHunter wrote:

Though you do have to admit tubes are the go-to attachment/weapon of choice for people that can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn in Call of Duty games lol I've frustrated people so badly in some matches that they literally announced after the last kill I gave them that the "Tubes" were "coming out". Then they proceeded to make up for a 3 and 12 ratio by turning it into a 23 and 12 by the end of the game - doing absolutely nothing but launching tubes at my team. It's literally the cheap shot attachment for turning your game around, and you can't deny that much. Now, that aside, it still takes a bit of skill to actually put a tube through a narrow gap and two-piece the enemy team while running away from gunfire, so I have to give credit where credit is due lol 9 times out of 10 they're used by people that aren't very accurate with a bullet (or being an a-hole lol) that have gotten dramatically good at putting a 5mm grenade up your butt from 200 feet without sweating a drop.. again, I give props to the unorthodox level of talent it takes to accomplish that.

All that aside, a cheap kill is a cheap kill no matter how you decorate the words to describe it lol

In war there is NOTHING that is a cheap kill.

Tubes are not going away, and if you hear people saying "I'm bringing out the tubes" all you have to do is BRING OUT BLAST SHIELD. Nothing is more infuriating to a tuber than hit marker after hit marker with explosives.

• 4. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
                myevo8you

tocosamurii wrote:

I am having a hard time continuing to play ghost. I play daily, with my clan, and we are pretty good. I am not saying we are the best, we come across other clans sometimes that beat us, and sometimes we beat them. But lately the noob tubing is getting a little bit out of control.

6 people in the same party, all rank 60 max prestige, running noob tubes AND noob tube attachments on their guns... its honestly getting old really fast. When you play hardcore do you really NEED to use them? It just makes you look bad.

My clan NEVER runs noob tubes. Myself I only run: assault gun, no secondary, and a throwing knife. Thats my class every game. This month my W/L is 2.6. Im winning way more than I am losing and I am just down to the basics. We also are just a team of 4. We play hard and definitely do not camp. We play to have fun.

It is getting incredibly frustrating to come across these full clans of 6 running noob tubes and noob tube attachments. The sad part is we are stilling winning the games or just barely losing. Then we finish the game to have 6 people screaming in our ears that we "Suck at cod"... really? From the 6 people that just barely won using noob tubes because they truely dont have enough skill to use a gun? Usually after this happens I proceed to say "if we suck so bad play us again without the noob tubing." which usually just gets shutout by the other team still screaming that we suck.

What is wrong with people now a days? Is it too much to ask for some friendly and real competition? Sometimes I truely feel my clan is undefeatable unless the other team uses noob tubes. (I know we arent, im just saying sometimes it feels that way)

We were just playing and had to just stop playing because we were put in 5 different lobbys in a row with people doing this. To anybody out there reading this, if you are one of these people that are that bad, just play a different game, using noob tubes just makes you look like an idiot.

Whining about a WEAPON in a SHOOTER game makes YOU look like an idiot. If they start using tubes, WEAR BLAST SHIELD. It's really not that hard. The reason tubes are so good is because the idiots either like to sit in corners wearing their little stealth perks, loading up on equipment, or have to have all the speed perks to run around like a squirrel on a caffeine rush. The best thing to do is have your clan all make a tube class with blast shield, danger close, Kastet, R5 with launcher, and use thermobarics to combat them. When tubes/thermos start flying, this is the class I use and it works AWESOME. Also if a team just wants to sit/lay around the entire game this is the class to use.

• 5. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
                  tocosamurii

I respect everyone's opinions in response to my first post. It is quite sad to see that there are more people defending the noob tubes than agreeing with me.

Ill start by saying, I use blast shield. I wouldn't have wrote the original post if I didn't. But clearly you are not aware that there is a perk which increases explosive damage... therefore making blast shield useless. I assume you and Ovrlord are both frequent tubers. There is a reason they are referred to as "Noob" tubes.

Nice suggestion by the way, thats exactly what I want to do, make an entire class just filled with explosives to prove the lack of skill I have. I thought the Call of Duty community was a little more mature and competitive than this, apparently I was wrong.

• 6. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
                    EJKHunter

I usually don't need blast shield, I don't have a problem with tubers much, they generally aren't very difficult to kill since it takes longer to aim a tube than to shoot a bullet anyway lol

This isn't war, it's an arcade shooter that only vaguely resembles war (and I'm being real liberal with that descriptor). Battlefield is a closer experience (again, only just), but I don't remember seeing tubing like CoD sports lol

Besides, I'm not wasting a perk slot for something I should rarely have to concern myself with. If spamming explosives is how you play, kudos, but I prefer bullets and accuracy.. makes for prettier kill cams and such.

I honestly cannot remember a single kill cam with a tube that got anything but awkward mutterings from the winning team and snorts from everyone else lol it's all a matter of image I suppose, if you don't care what people think of you, to hell with ethics, blow them all to hell! lol but you also have to face the fact that no one will ever take your tactics seriously.

It's sort of like the corner campers that don't seem to be capable of doing anything but that. In their spots, they are lords among peasants, but catch one moving and he can't seem to hit the stationary tank at the end of the road. Same with straight-up rushers... force them to stop and change directions and it's like shooting fish in a barrel, or force them to counter-camp and they get itchy to move and.. well, again with fish in a barrel.

Everything goes onto a "respect" list among the community... tubing isn't real high up that list.

Again, if you don't care about that stuff, then go blow everything up.. often lol all the more power to ya too

But that's also how it becomes a crutch.

• 7. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
                      myevo8you

That perk puts someone at a VERY HIGH disadvantage as when your loadout has tubes, a Kastet, and tactical, you only have room for 8 perk slots. Danger Close costs FOUR perk points to use and it causes the user to sacrifice a LOT in order to use it.

The term "noob tube" was made by players who are frustrated by them, much akin to the term "hardscope" made up by quickscopers for people actually using the sniper the way it was intended.

I myself actually prefer the term "Pro Pipe" as I have became quite good at "angle launching" tubes through 2 sets of windows, into tight areas, etc. A tube in the correct hand is a very deadly weapon, but the same can be said for other weapons as well. Overall the balance in HC is VERY good as pretty much EVERY weapon kills in 1-2 shots at any range (which is awesome by the way), and the perks are pretty well balanced as well. This is why I have been a dedicated HC player since COD4, when it was introduced, and I haven't looked back.

I understand the frustration of getting killed by them, BUT the fact remains that whenever there is something that is effective to use, people are going to use it. You can thank the cry babies for this one as the complaining about explosives got the explosives in this game so weak, that in core a grenade can land at an enemies feet, blow up, and they can survive EVEN WITHOUT BLAST SHIELD. This made the Danger Close perk a necessity and now in HC the perk overpowers another, which is how it should be. If you use a perk that costs 2 points, then why shouldn't a perk that costs DOUBLE THAT negate it's effect?

• 8. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
                        Ovrlord

I'm not a frequent tuber. I bring out the tubes if the enemy team is camping and I can't get them with my usual classes, or if I feel like pissing people off. (Seemed it worked on you.) If the use of those bother you that much, show them how annoying it is by doing the same to them. Fight fire with fire. You can call me a tuber or a noob all you want, but the real noob is the player who refuses to adapt to the playstyles of others and think everyone has to play like they do.

I'm not trying to defend the use of those weapons. All I'm saying is you can't just judge someone's skill level and intelligence just because they're using an attachment that you detest. I actually question how mature you are right now. You did just say that those who use them idiots. Perhaps the problem is you.

• 9. Re: Stop the NOOB Tubes on Hardcore...
                          EJKHunter

Adapting is the key to all victory.

Though it is difficult when six people sit in a dark corner with lmg tubes and grenade launchers sporting blast shield and danger close... sort of, takes the fun out of playing the game. Nothing wrong with building the class you like so long as you don't care that you're ruining the fun for everyone else by being a d*ck lol

But I guess the same can be said when I roll on a team single-handedly and get back to back to back choppers... and end the game with 12 gun kills and 36 chopper slaughters... yeah, I guess that's a pretty big d*ck maneuver too, so I can't say much lol

1 2 3 Previous Next