11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2014 4:33 PM by PuRe__ATTRITION RSS

Honestly Ghosts Policy is just wrong.

Nyanjose

So I recently I joined a hacked lobby unknowingly and apparently I gained a lot of xp afterwards i left and a few months later I found out I got reset which was understandable. Same thing happened again i got thrown into an xp lobby but this time i didnt get reset. i didnt even get my account banned i got my whole console banned? If it was just my account it'd be understandable but really my whole console? I thought that was only for people who have hacked console, but apparently not.

• Re: Honestly Ghosts Policy is just wrong.
          DivineHeadShot

Not saying you are lying about hacking, but I have over 19 days played on ghosts, which is a ton and I have yet to run into a XP lobby. Hell nobody in my clan has even run into an XP lobby.  Again not saying you are lying, but the odds seem kinda slim to get in an  XP boosted lobby twice. It might just be bad luck for you, but I'm sure to IW you look like a hacker because of it. The console ban seems kinda harsh though. I've seen so many hackers start new account after new account after getting banned, and never gotten a console ban.

Nyanjose

I'm sorry if i come on as if im lying. I didnt get thrown into xp lobbies like in the same month, the first time was in November when the game had barely come out and the second time wasn't until this month. I have no problem having my account banned, but to ban my entire console for assuming its hacked. I would rather leave the console banning to Sony.

PuRe__ATTRITION

It happened to me, i sat down to play a few games because i couldnt sleep, and was going to play TDM core, i got put into a game in progress, the map was siege, the team i was assigned to  were getting badly beaten and the players on the other team only had about 15 kills each (approx), i noticed i was shooting people and not getting hit markers or causing any damage and then before i realised it was a hacked lobby i was shooting at a guy floating above my head, then their were dozens of care packages falling from a chooper at the other end of the map, i went to get my camera to film what was going on, and then the fella i was shooting at who was floating put a message across the middle of my screen telling me "STOP SHOOTING ME I AM IN GOD MODE YOU FU****G IDIOT, YOU CANNOT KILL ME, IF YOU CARRY ON I WILL HACK YOUR PS3 YOU C*NT"  i then dropped out of the game and tried to join another game, i tried 3 times and went into 3 hacked lobbies, i turned my game off and didnt play for another 3 days, and never happened to me again, i was about rank 52 when i got put into a hacked lobby and when i played 3 days later i noticed that my player had prestiged,  then i sat there worrying about would i get into trouble, i am a 47 year old single father and dnt have a social life, so was terrified that i would get banned or worse and not be able to play anymore. i have just found the video clip of the game i was saying about, is there anywhere on here i can post it?

Sledgehammer23248

Interesting that nyanJose or your entire clan has not been in one.  As these were very popular initially.  I can say I've been in 3 on ps3 and 1 on x360.  for op, think it depends on how long you stayed in the lobby, it's clearly an exploit and if you stay and got reset you should have reuzed it was wrong.  That is your warning. Then there is the second time.  So I understand the console ban.  I may not agree but understand.  As for mine, I left immediately once I realized... No resets.

Edub0500

I agree

Nyanjose

Regardless, my problem isnt with the ban towards my account, it's the ban towards my ps3, ive read stories how its pretty inconsistent on how activision bans consoles / accounts . I accept my account ban but not my console ban. but hey its not like they listen to the feedback of everyone.

cajun4life78

I would hope they found a good reason to do that to you. But I believe they are starting in the wrong place for hackers. I believe they need to start on the score leaderboards. Show these hackers things are being done, and do it to many, not few, so then others will be scared to even try. I am happy to see things being done, sorry it had to be you, but this is on so small of a scale, it is not the right way to go.

agnt-Red_Wing

Sony is the only one that can banned your ps3.