26 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2014 4:26 PM by BU773TPROOF RSS

Snoop Dogg in Call of Duty.....

thebiindsniper

I thought this was a late April fools joke, but apparently it's real.  What I also find interesting is that in the past, DLC trailers on YouTube would often get half of the viewers disliking the video.  Now that Snoop Dogg is in the DLC, the video itself has a lot more likes for some reason.  Now we know what the Call of Duty community consists of...

By the way, how did you react the DLC?  Any thoughts?

PS - Here was my reaction to the Snoop Dogg DLC trailer.

Here's the official trailer:

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• Re: Snoop Dogg in Call of Duty.....
          Noctis Everto

Good god.... Its reall..... I get the predator, I get michael myers, but snoop Dogg?

didnt he renae himself Snoop Lion awhile back anyways? Its still not even right xD

thebiindsniper

You don't play as Snoop Dogg.  He's just an announcer voice pack.

If he was a playable character, he would be overpowered due to his bad rapping destroying my soul.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Noctis Everto

lol it is sad That I knew in my head what to expect b4 seeing the video...

"Now you got dat SPITfire drone"

"Squadmate active.... brotha from anuthuh muthuh!"

"Ballistic vests out.... those some nice threeaadds"

Its a little much <_<

Can u just bring back 50 cent from MW2? At least he was free an only on Seals announcer.

EJKHunter

There's also R Lee Emery doing the same thing, but there's no trailer for that one lol so we get two options, and like always:

Nobody is forced to purchase this, it is an optional add-on for those who want to hear something new. There's nothing wrong with that option, but if it is not your thing Don't Buy It.

Easy-peasy-lemondrop-squeezy, ya hear?

I apologize for that last line lol couldn't help it

matuzz

Yeah no one forces us to buy but instead of making ton of DLC they could maybe use that time to actually fixt the game problems.

EJKHunter

Same song every CoD

To be perfectly frank, the only "problems" I run into anymore, are A-hole players really abusing certain perk combos. But that's the same with every single game ever designed... ever... so whatever. The spawning hasn't been a huge issue for awhile... periodically it'll drop me in front of an enemy, but when I see that both my and the enemy team are running around like children on crack, I suddenly understand why it couldn't find a safe spot to put me lol because there was no safe spot to speak of.

Really, there are always some issues in CoD, but a true gaming vet, hell.. a true CoD vet... knows how to work around and with those issues, not complain about them constantly in a place where no developer will ever read it anyway lol you can tweet them your concerns, or email Activision - at least then they'll notice your concern before they outright delete it. Here is a place where people can complain and NONE of the development or patching team has to look at half its playerbase crying over something. If it's a serious game breaking glitch or exploit, they already know about it and it'll be addressed... or maybe it won't, it is IW and they're notorious for not fixing unfair advantage exploits, but you can hope.

I'd rather just work around it and kill some people, and ya know what.. haven't run into a problem yet that prevents me from doing just that!

If I do, I'll be sure to send a quiet email expressing my concerns (well, just pointing out a few things in a business-like fashion), and I'll go play something else until I hear my concerns were addressed... I won't come here and vent and rage and cry... why? because all of nothing will be accomplished by doing that except I'll have just made myself look 3 years old and in dire need of a nap to the adults in this community lol enjoy it for what it is or move on, you really don't have any other options.

matuzz

No problems huh? Well why on earth I need to still deal with this: Re: Teammates are seen as enemies. [PS4]

The spawns are still horrible and nothing has been done to them even though they posted thread asking for help with them.

The PC version of the game is horrible mess full of hackers. But instead of dealing with the hackers Infinity Ward recently banned hundreds of innocent players. I'm not raging and crying here I'm voiding my concerns and asking for a help.

You say that no one reads these thread well that is one big big problem in itself right there. And just tells how devs do not care about the players but instead focus on pushing more DLC.

Yes there are issues in every CoD, but not gamebreaking glitches months afterthe realese like Ghosts has and please don't start at me with that vet stuff.....

EJKHunter

I'm not, I'm just letting you know that spending the time to voice your concerns here and hoping to get results is about the same as discussing the finer points of economics with a cat... lol on the up side, at least you have people that will talk back here, so I can't knock that part of it.

I know about those things, personally, I've never so much as encountered a single one of them (minus the rock glitch by the ship on Whiteout, but that was fixed and entering it now just kills you).. I know about the glitch issue where teammates appear as enemies, no one's still positive if it's a hack or not because people who don't cheat have been the target of anxious teammates firing at them and finding out otherwise, confusing the hell out of them in turn until someone puts the pieces together lol while I've not encountered this yet myself, I have friends who have, and have even been that enemy teammate who can't kill enemies and cause friendlies to murder themselves on Hardcore.. so I'm more inclined to believe this is a matchbased glitch.. and honestly, anyone I know that encounters it or becomes it just finds it sort of amusing.. they typically end the game 0 and 0, but they make a game of hiding from BOTH teams and still wind up having a fair time. Then next match, it doesn't happen, so whatever.

I don't know what to tell you, bud. The frequency of the above glitchish bullsh*t is so infrequent that among the greater community it wouldn't even be known of if it wasn't for people coming here to vent their frustrations. While you do have legitimate irritations and concerns, it isn't a pandemic bug affecting 70% of players.. so it'll be addressed, eventually. Or not, I point again that IW has a history of not fixing things like this.. though they did fix the rock glitch in Whiteout, so who knows... lol

They don't read the forums much anymore because of the magnitude of threads complaining and whining and moaning.. then they go into the servers and find that said problem that seems oh so major is affecting maybe 1% of the population... it's like crying wolf when a puppy crosses your path, eventually they stop caring to look. Treyarch still monitors the support forums for their CoD titles, however, which is why their games get patched about every other week. IW has basically taken to straight up ignoring the forums unless the moderators notice a MAJOR issue being talked over it seems, in that case they'll step in.. but I don't think that's happened since MW2 to be honest.

I know how you feel about it, I feel the same way about the spawning system.. or I did until they actually messed with it and made it not feel completely atrocious as it was from release day. Now I don't feel like I could spawn anywhere at all without rhyme or reason, and typically if my team is at least holding a sector of the map, I spawn with them, or off to one side away from any action. So I haven't really had an issue to complain about since that patch dropped months back. Now, about the only things I find to groan about is the way some people play the game, but then that's normal for any competitive game I play... there's always people that it really just feels like are abusing a certain combination of perks and attachments or equipment and perks or whatever. I can't blame them for figuring out the possibilities, I actually applaud them for it, but for some they become real a-holes with it... but then that's not really something I feel IW, Treyarch, or Sledgehammer should have to deal with beyond perhaps a minor tweak here or there to a perk or equipment, but only if it becomes a noticeable issue toward most players. In the end, this CoD has about as many faults any any other I could name, but none of them I can't work around or work along side and enjoy the game just fine. It isn't the most interesting CoD, but it'll keep me busy till Fall when we see what Sledgehammer's been making for the past two years and we get introduced to a new CoD setting... hopefully it's something relatable, because both Ghosts and BO2 really weren't very relatable to anything in the real world.. at least BO2 had fun gadgets and such to play around with, I never found myself bored on that game lol one of the devs needs to go backwards a bit and go back to real world war settings.. I don't mean WW2 back, but somewhere between there and the last war. That'd be relatable, which is how you keep people's interest for the whole year the game will be sitting in your disk drive haha

I digress

Noctis Everto

TBH thats the kind of community they done nothing but cater to since CoD4.

Good god, now people will whine even more, because their playstyle nets them some imaginary street cred from snoop dogg, therfore those who kill them Snoop Dog would slam into damnation for theyre turrible skills.

I like it though. lol it will be oh so amusing....

So true lol.

huntingnoluck

My initial reaction was like so many here, Holy Crap, what is next? But Activision is trying something new, this might be a fail or the new best thing. Personally I don't want it, but maybe they can get ACDC's Brian Johnson or someone else cool. Joking on my part but it does leave the door wide open for creative minds.

WKMMS

Personally, I think it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in CoD... but I bet it sells like hot cakes yo

huntingnoluck

The more I think about it, the more I think it would be annoying. The little that I have heard I think it would be cool for a couple of matches and then I wouldn't want it on. It is just a novelty.

Cue eye roll for Snoop Dogg.  I did see they are also making one for Gunny.  I don't think I should be excited, but I might be a little bit.

kevinater

I think its awesome,Something new being brought as a DLC gives more options of characters to hear in game

Probably shouldn't have told my 13 year-old stepdaughter about the Snoop Dogg voice pack.  Her reaction was something like, "Ohmigod yes, you need to get that, I will seriously play CoD for Snoop Dogg," punctuated by exuberant laughter.

Of course, she has no idea of how amazing Gunny is.  So yeaaaah... guess I'll be getting both the voice packs.

Increment

I'm turning 47 this summer, gettin' some fizzle for my televizzle???

Nah, I'm good, thank you!

Alex in Stockholm