1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2014 7:49 PM by gotsomestars Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: COD and External ballistics
        gotsomestars

Bf tdm is faster paced than cod. The sections of map are very very small. And some (metro & locker) are just explosive spam the while game.

• 21. Re: COD and External ballistics
          nuttin2say

Very true. I don't know about the explosives, though. Doesn't seem to get in the way of the game. I never really put any thought into it, but I wonder why the peeps who enjoyed BO2 never found BF TDM fun. Seriously. Seems like they would really like that game over COD.

• 22. Re: COD and External ballistics
            rlbl

yep, which is what I meat by damage-by-distance.  I did not include that corner case, because most of the time, when you run into a sniper in CQC, you will only die if:

- you lag

- the sniper gets a lucky shot (there is no true quickscoping)

- you were so close that you got no scoped

- you freeze and are using a low damage gun

Aside from then, most of the time one can survive a sniper shot unless already hurt.  On that point, in BF, if you damage someone to near death and someone else gets the kill shot, you both get awarded a kill (there are no killstreaks) and the points you get = the amount of damage inflicted

• 23. Re: COD and External ballistics
              rlbl

Personal point of view:

I cannot stand COD TDM, I never play it

I barely play BF TDM, but I can stand it

why? Just as gotsomestars said: It is faster paced, but I am not sure why.  Maybe it is because:

- there is no point to camp for streaks, because there aren't any

- sniping is less functional (because of bullet physics? I dunno)

- etc... again not sure

1st time I tried TDM in BF was in BF3 and I thought : "Hmm, I could play this"

Generally speaking

COD is faster than BF for pace, but on some specific modes (like TDM) BF is faster than COD for pace.

• 24. Re: COD and External ballistics
                rlbl

One issue for COD people playing BF, is that the TTK in BF (core) is much higher.

In COD, if a gun does 50 damage, 2 shots and the person is dead close range, and 3 shots at long (this actually is satisfying, and can increase the game pace). THis is assuming no damage multipliers as to compare with BF...

In BF, a DMR which does 60 damage may take 2-3 shots up close and 3-4+ shots at range depending on where you hit them. And at long range, forget it.

I wonder if that is why you get spotting bonuses.  There is no point in trying to kill someone 200+ meters away with a SMG or AR. Spot them and let someone closer kill them.

Another thing about BF, there is no such thing as someone "Carrying the team" (well that in most game modes, and it can rarely happen even in TDM)

• 25. Re: COD and External ballistics
                  Izjar11

rlbl wrote:

One issue for COD people playing BF, is that the TTK in BF (core) is much higher.

In COD, if a gun does 50 damage, 2 shots and the person is dead close range, and 3 shots at long (this actually is satisfying, and can increase the game pace). THis is assuming no damage multipliers as to compare with BF...

In BF, a DMR which does 60 damage may take 2-3 shots up close and 3-4+ shots at range depending on where you hit them. And at long range, forget it.

I wonder if that is why you get spotting bonuses.  There is no point in trying to kill someone 200+ meters away with a SMG or AR. Spot them and let someone closer kill them.

Another thing about BF, there is no such thing as someone "Carrying the team" (well that in most game modes, and it can rarely happen even in TDM)

Yup,

I realized that in BF it (seems) to take allot more rounds to take someone out, it doesn't bother me nor will i say COD is better in that realm but I do take a similar approach to both games, burst firing, controlled accurate aiming seems to help me get that kill.

To me: BF is simply more difficult than COD, good or bad? Eh, I like them both.

• 26. Re: COD and External ballistics
                    rankismet

TBH... it would be cool and a pain at the same time. On the fence over it. :/

• 27. Re: COD and External ballistics
                      Izjar11

rankismet wrote:

TBH... it would be cool and a pain at the same time. On the fence over it. :/

After more responses it seems the idea would not sit well with COD's community.No one wants to miss their shots, or have to put more effort into it.

cat animated GIF

• 28. Re: COD and External ballistics
                        nuttin2say

You know what would go well with COD, though?

Instead of UAVs, you hit the button when you "see" an opponent. I actually think that would work here. I think you'd still have complaints, but you're gonna have complaints no matter what.

On another note, I think it is time to raise the bar on streak rewards. At least change it so they start at four kills instead of three. Minor adjustment but I think it would greatly impact the game.

• 29. Re: COD and External ballistics
                          rlbl

Where the hell do you get these!?