1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2014 7:49 PM by gotsomestars Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: COD and External ballistics
        Izjar11

certain secrets are never revealed BUAHAHAHAH

interface animated GIF

• 31. Re: COD and External ballistics
          RayOldGuy

If we are going to open that can of worms, what about the one for bullet and knife damage? A bullet to the head, while bad, can be non-lethal, in fact not even slow someone down. It all depends on where it hits. Same with body hits.

However – I have never heard of anyone dying instantly being getting stabbed in the foot.

BUT… I accept these incongruities. This is a game. It creates its own universe, has its own physics, and as long as it is true to its internal logic I can deal with it. We adapt. To bring in true ballistics and other physics would be nice, but it would, I suspect, take a lot more code and processing power to pull off.

• 32. Re: COD and External ballistics
            Izjar11

I find Ghost has a very good TTK (hit detection) in the game, perhaps incorporating a more - purposeful trajectory would (perhaps) make the game abit more "strategic". Im just saying.

• 33. Re: COD and External ballistics
              nicedrewishfela

Interesting Stuff.

I am not sure how much of this they need to incorporate. CoD has always just been a fast twitch shooter.

I was playing the other day and was thinking that the biggest issue in CoD right now is that one doesn't have to really work hard at all in order to have success. One could feasibly just learn the spawn points and high traffic areas and just lay prone picking people off.

I think what needs to happen, be it through Ballistics or other physics... is that it needs to be harder to hit a moving target than it currently is. There is a reason soldiers sprint from cover to cover in battle, it is harder to hit a moving target than it is a stationary target. Not in CoD, however. You never have to lead the target, and as the games have progressed, players who remain motionless seem to have an advantage over those who move around the map. They simply have to wait for the player to expose themselves, and it is an almost guaranteed kill.

Make it harder to hit moving targets, requiring actual aim. At the same time, make it harder for players to aim while on the run. This balances out the camper/rusher issue. It should be harder to hit a moving target, but it should also be difficult to be accurate while at full sprint.

I think there are other elements CoD should consider including that BF has done, however. One is Muzzle Flash, Scope Flare, and tracer paths. BO2 incorporated the Bullet/Tracer paths for snipers, and I have no idea why that was removed. It really helped prevent players from camping in one spot for too long. As it stands right now, there are times where it is virtually impossible to spot people on maps. Incorporate the bullet paths, some Scope Flare(where the sun reflects off the scope), and muzzle flash, it gives people a way to fight back.

I also loved the Suppression mechanic in BF3 (is it in BF4?). CoD has never gotten the idea of cover fire right. Take, for example, the horrible mess that Stonehaven can become due to the idiocy of having a team spawn in the Castle. The team that spawns in the village covers the two side entrances and the two portcullis could potentially just sit there and pick the other team off all game. The only hope that team has is to sprint to cover, which is tricky due to the incredible accuracy of seemingly all weapons at range. While not impossible, it is difficult to spot enemies camping amongst the ruins or head-glitching from the village. Imagine someone being able to take an LMG and use it for what it is used for so often in battle.. as suppressive fire. They lay down a base of fire in the direction of whoever is pinning their team down, that gives their teammates a chance to break the containment and get to cover.

I am sure folks would then scream about their Accuracy going down with those weapons, but the simple fix there would be to count Suppressing shots the same as shots that hit their target. Suppression is just as important as a lethal shot in many cases, as it opens the door for your squad to progress into enemy territory.

Just some thoughts.

• 34. Re: COD and External ballistics
                Izjar11

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I Take, for example, the horrible mess that Stonehaven can become due to the idiocy of having a team spawn in the Castle. The team that spawns in the village covers the two side entrances and the two portcullis could potentially just sit there and pick the other team off all game.

LOL

My clans secret "stonehaven" attack plan has been revealed, thanks Drew haha

• 35. Re: COD and External ballistics
                  nicedrewishfela

Played with Randoms against a group of hillbillies on that Map. It was just sad. They were just laying on the rocks with LMGs and Spawn killing the entire match. I was able to break through a few times, but my team was hopeless. I think it illustrated all that can go wrong with this game.

• 36. Re: COD and External ballistics
                    Izjar11

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Played with Randoms against a group of hillbillies on that Map. It was just sad. They were just laying on the rocks with LMGs and Spawn killing the entire match. I was able to break through a few times, but my team was hopeless. I think it illustrated all that can go wrong with this game.

Two Three things with stonehaven:

A - if your spawned in the castle GTFO

B- If your re-spawned in the castle try to use the back

C- if all fails, hit leave match and take the loss

• 37. Re: COD and External ballistics
                      nicedrewishfela

Trust me, I stay away from that damned Castle. Why didn't they spawn one group on the left side of the village and the other group along the water? That would have made a LOT more sense.

Trust me, I am good on Stonehaven, have some really effective strategies. But they were just laying down LMG fire at all exits and my teammates were of no help. One guy was watching through the Portcullis and if I spawned there, I was insta-killed. It was ridiculous.

Just think that situations like this occur far too often on this game, and there should be effective ways to break out, like I suggested (Suppressing fire, making it more difficult to hit a moving target, etc, etc.)

• 38. Re: COD and External ballistics
                        gotsomestars

I can't play Dom on bf. The flags are waaay too close together. And the spawns are very chaotic. Dom in bf is basically tdm and hope you are near a flag when you kill people.

• 39. Re: COD and External ballistics
                          gotsomestars

1hk melee is silly.

Bf is closer to right, but still not right.

If you are behind someone 1hk melee is OK.

But if you are facing each other it should be a knock back and a VERY short stun.