7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 7:40 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Friendly Fire????

Cable99

Lately, I've been bumping into people in HC mode on the other team that, when shot, kills me ala ricochet and says "friendly fire not allowed" even though they are on the opposite team. Is this a new Hack?

• Re: Friendly Fire????
          EJKHunter

This has been discussed in countless other threads, and we're not 100% certain if it's a "hack" or a glitch, or perhaps a combination of the two. It's infrequent and if you encounter it at all, just leave the game.

Cable99

I guess my question was-is it intentional or a game glitch that sometimes happens? I know the game has a ton of stupid errors that manifest-just didn't know if this was another.

EJKHunter

At first glance, one theorizes it might be. Then again, it happens to people who don't cheat, and cheats don't generally target one person for no apparent reason like that. If it was, it's be the stupidest hack/cheat in the world of Call of Duty if you think about how it works.

Personally, I think it's just a strange glitch in match setup coding, and even though I've not encountered it myself, I've a friend who was.. to his team, he was red named, (orange whatever), to the enemy team he was orange.. he couldn't kill the enemies, and he caused friendly team members to kill themselves if they shot him. He literally made a game out of hiding from everyone and not dieing at all lol it never happened again after that, and nobody benefited from it, so that right there pretty much structures it as a completely random glitch.. and as I said, it's likely during the match setup where it happens.. for whatever reason lol I'm sure it'll be patched soon enough, they might not be able to hotfix it as it might be a glitch in the data you send the server, rather than the data it sends you during the setup.. in which case, it's kind of like a Walking Dead scenario.. we all have the bug.. but it's just only like 1% of the population has become infected by it, and it can't be spread, and your immune system crushes it within minutes.. so.. it isn't really more than a minor itch haha

squity123

I found this in a Core mode today on the PS3 as well.  Even though it isn't game breaking, I still died a few times while trying to shoot that "friendly enemy" person...

Eternal_Voice

It's a relatively new hack.

EJKHunter

I can't find anything it does qualify as a "hack", otherwise it's a random hack that benafits absolutely no one.. so, back to my comment about it being pointless. People don't just create hacks for no reason... lol if you believe they do, you don't understand how hacking works, but that's not a big deal. It really comes off like one of those random bugs within the match setup. Until we find someone who can definitively prove it's a hack or mod, I can't logically call it that.

It affects one person, it prevents them from being able to kill anyone and causes one team to shoot themselves.. but in the end, nobody gains anything. I'd do exactly what everyone affected by it does: either A) hide, or B) leave the game

I won't be surprised if it is as you say a hack, but if that's the case, it's the most laughable excuse for one ever in CoD history lol it's absolutely pointless

starbuckfrack

I am very sure its not a hack, what it seems to be is a "patch glitch" that sometimes reverses the players on the map to the other team for a split second. Like you say a random match setup bug.

I have seen other COD games where the people temporarily switch sides too. But after they patch it, it goes away.

BTW people dont know what a hack is anymore like for example the reporter who started that story about the 5 year old hacking in which he never did anything of the sort. Even some of the facts now going out about it conflict with the original reporters story. Hearsay upon hearsay of a story that some friend of his told his cousin.......