8 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2014 6:39 AM by Huntsven RSS

Why I regret getting CoD: Ghosts

Huntsven

First off, I'm not here to insult anyone at either Activision or Infinity Ward.

I rarely use forums, I don't think they make much of a difference when developers don't really seem to show appreciation or even the slightest care about their costumers/players, and I feel this is the case here. What I'm going to write here has probably been said already, but I think it's fair I say it again from my point of view.

I pre-purchased the Hardened Edition, it was near my birthday so I was kind of excited, thinking "well, I enjoyed Modern Warfare, I'm sure Infinity Ward will put something good this time", how wrong was I. I remember paying $120, the HE sells for $99.99 now. I'll make a pause here to explain that I live in Venezuela, if you know anything about this country, you know that economically speaking, it's broken beyond reason, our legal exchange rate can go as high a 70VEF(Bs.F) for 1$, this makes it incredibly expensive for people, who like me, don't have a credit card and can't access the exchange system that charges around 13VEF for 1$, and which by the way, only lets you spend $300 a year in electronic purchases. Ok, back to the HE, I payed $120, and now it sells for $99.99, that for me now means that I got a really ugly, useless and pointless "The Watcher" patch and a map that I dont think anyone really liked, "Freefall". I'd like to ask someone from the dev team, (knowing of course I WONT EVER get a direct reply) do you really think that a patch and a map thats free to everyone eventually is worth $20?

So, that's the money part. Now for the game.

At first I was optimistic, I enjoyed the campaing, I always do, but no one gets a CoD game only for the campaing, and I really like the addition of Extinction (I'm sick of zombies), and then.. from the second I get into a multiplayer match, there they were, the hackers, so of course, I stopped playing. I come back a couple of weeks later, and there they still are, ruining whatever fun I can have in a game that I just payed $120 for. Oh and I almost forgot, in PC, I think the most I've seen connected at one time in Ghosts, is about 15.000 players, in consoles I've seen up to 250.000, currently I've seen as low as 1000 connected in the evenings, that plus the strict NAT.. hell, I'm lucky if I can find one TDM match, even if I'd prefer playing Domination, also in Venezuela, we have a high ping, usually around 250-300ms, so even if I'm lucky enough to find a match, I'm going to die a lot, because that split second between 100-300ms is going to get me killed. I'm still wondering why Ghosts is the only game in which I can't see my ping in the server, also.. what ever happened to dedicated servers? I'm sure that has been asked countless times.

I'm making this so long because it's the only time I'm going to actually post here. And now I'm going to explain why me, who doesn't really uses forums, is typing this. I just came from trying to find a match after weeks and weeks of not playing, of course I had to settle for what I could find.. TDM, you know what I find in-game? Loads of useless skins packs, and..something that actually surprised me, hackers, a different one in the three games I played before closing the game.. it surprises me because I remember reading Infinity Ward had new better anti-cheat systems. (Really?)

Now, to close up, what I wish I could say to someone in the dev team, or at the least what I'd like candyslexia to read.. You completly dissapointed me, and a few other people, I'm sure. I wasn't expecting Ghosts to be the absolute best shooter in history, but I was expecting to not get a lazy PC port, I wasn't expecting hackers in every game.. one of those I found minutes from writing this was shooting 4 walls away claiming he knew the spawn points and where we were camping, I wasn't expecting not being able to see my ping to conside if I should stay in the match and not be that team mate who ends up with a 2-15 score.

What is going through your mind when you add pointless skins and now.. snoop dog? Who really gives two damns about an announcer? I know you are trying to attract more people but you dont need cosmetic stuff, make the game better and people will come on their own.. Check Steam numbers, they are playing MW2-3 and Black Ops II, because they are better. You already got the money for the game, more than you should have (Note: remember activision saying Ghosts was going to shatter GTA V sales? Arrongace equals people turning their backs on you), whatever effort you are doing, please, please, focus it on making the game better, not on making a gun have some useless colors.

I'm not going to uninstall Ghosts from my PC yet, you have promises to keep and there's a small hope in me that eventually you'll deliver, but I can safely say, I am never, ever, buying another Call of Duty game or any other game Activision or Inifity Ward are related to, that's what happens when you lose people's trust, you stop getting their money.

I'm just dissapointed, and I know, or at least feel, devs and moderators don't care, but I still needed to do this, just to get it out of my chest.

If anyone actually took the time to read everything, thank you for giving this words your time. Have a nice day.

• Re: Why I regret getting CoD: Ghosts
          dbkvaternik

Read it and agree and like to add that hackers are now brazen enough to post on the forums. Yes, I'm calling you out That Girl. So kudo's to your CODg infamy. Now, will the developers do something about it or are they too busy playing with their "See 'n Say Farmer Says" trying to find the next animal to make a camo out of?

I totally agree with you. Ghosts is the worst CoD-title ever. Camping was never such a problem like in Ghosts.

Have a look at the lobbies - wow. Saturday evenning with less than 1300 gamers in TD. Check Black Ops 2 and WAKE UP!!!

Camping: Compare it to Titanfall or BF4 - yes, do it! I have never seen a camper on Titanfall - why? Because the game doesn't need it! Better, faster gameplay. No campers, no cheaters, no micro-payment-addon-****, innovative gameplay. It's more fun and that's why I play it!

Sorry Activision, Infinityward and all the others - but camping and cheaters are YOUR problem. I will not buy any CoD-title anymore until you do your f****ing job right. Make the game more playing-worth again!

Born51uk

Will some one please explain to me why CAMPING is so hated??  The original post did a very good job explain why the GAME is broken!!!  i.e. promises of dedicated private servers that will never happen, far too many long term Hackers still in the game, problems finding games and of course the concentration on trying to get people to buy all these silly "add on" which like freefall will prob be given away before the year is out.

Yet here we are immediately blaming the dreaded CAMPERS, what about the Hackers. noob tubers, bunny hoppers, spawn killers. If someone camps you know where they are, either keep away or attack from different angle(nades etc) if a camper kills you more than twice.... fool you. At the end of the day people pay good money to play the game how they want, not how you want them to..... If all you want is to run around like Mario Brothers then find another game...... don't blame this very poor game on the few guys who camp.

SeeVee

Camping seems to be hated lately because people do not like to work for anything anymore. They want that instant gratification or to be able to run and gun without having to be wary of their surroundings.

camping is a valid tactic in any game and has always been because anyone can do it without modification. It's like being able to crouch behind cover to avoid being shot (which wouldn't surprise me if this is next on the complaint list next to camping)... why do people crouch for cover??? Because they can and it's part of the game. Camping is by definition a coping skill to try to survive longer and possibly win. In a game of domination you have to camp to protect a cap point and in DM you may have to camp because letting your enemy come to you works best.

cheating and hacking is not valid because everyone can't do it with the out of the box game.

Well, i agree with you, and i only have 2 things to say..
                  1º I have buy the Cod ghost thinking this is the best game! But this is almost a Beta Test, is't complete, that makes this the worst game ever in history of CoD, i have spend my money very wrong :s
                  2º Try to fix the all game, review the all game, the multiplayer modes, and everithing, and put more things, and work to make him better. Because i spend 60€ in this! If the game is gonna still like this, make him free ..

bYmGSO

I, like everyone else in my clan, purchased the hardened edition of the game, wow what suckers we are. Whispers of dedicated servers, hype of how maps are going to be awesome, guns balanced properly, and no hackers. LOL on us.

Dedicated servers would've saved this game to give admins the power to kick hackers and jerks. Maps are nice but too many opportunities to camp. Guns? Bulldog is ridiculous, everyone uses thermal (I know there's a counter but a lot of people don't use it), and sub-machine guns are way too OP. And why, WHY release a game with no anti-cheat?

There has to be some sort of class action lawsuit here for us to get back a portion of what we paid for this game.

Mr_Pistolero

Huntsven wrote:

At first I was optimistic, I enjoyed the campaing, I always do, but no one gets a CoD game only for the campaing, and I really like the addition of Extinction (I'm sick of zombies), and then.. from the second I get into a multiplayer match, there they were, the hackers, so of course, I stopped playing. I come back a couple of weeks later, and there they still are, ruining whatever fun I can have in a game

I just came from trying to find a match after weeks and weeks of not playing, of course I had to settle for what I could find.. TDM, you know what I find in-game? Loads of useless skins packs, and..something that actually surprised me, hackers, a different one in the three games I played before closing the game.. it surprises me because I remember reading Infinity Ward had new better anti-cheat systems. (Really?)

Now, to close up, what I wish I could say to someone in the dev team, or at the least what I'd like candyslexia to read.. You completly dissapointed me, and a few other people, I'm sure. I wasn't expecting Ghosts to be the absolute best shooter in history, but I was expecting to not get a lazy PC port, I wasn't expecting hackers in every game..

I'm just dissapointed, and I know, or at least feel, devs and moderators don't care, but I still needed to do this, just to get it out of my chest.

If anyone actually took the time to read everything, thank you for giving this words your time. Have a nice day.

Yep, I totally agree. They talk about this anti cheat but they don't admit it's hopeless and that their cheat detection doesn't detect a cheat from a well known cheatsite. we can all buy the cheat. They don't admit their failure so it aids the cheaters.

Notice how right after a patch no-one players for awhile? then they come back.. these are the noobs taking time off to check the cheatsite forums and make sure that they won't get banned. Once the cheat site admin confirms it's all good. they come back and continue to cheat.. that's why when every patch comes out thousands stop playing until they find out if the cheat (they paid for) is still good. and of course it is, or it gets patched and they all come back.(maybe a few get banned who play with the unpatched cheat).  If you have a buddy who always stops playing when a patch comes out he's most likely a cheater.

Anyway. PC GAMING IS FOR CHEATERS. At this point you might as well just go and buy the cheat and pretend you have skill with the rest of them.

These large companies are scum for keeping us in the dark and pretending AC works when they should be admitting and apoligizing that players have been able to cheat since the games release without getting banned.

Huntsven

Well, I guess I'm kind of glad people agree with me.. which is kind of sad in a sense because it mostly means we all feel like we wasted money.. but anyways, I came back to say that lately, since I have a craving for shooting stuff, I gave Planetside 2 a try, and turns out, it's really awesome, and even more surprising, it's completly free.. I've spent a few bucks on boosts and stuff, but noone really has to spend a dime in it. In FPS terms, it's the complete oposite to CoD, it's not a 6v6 or whatever match, it's a constant battle for bases and resources and the fun really starts when you are in a large, organized outfit, the things that happen when 12 to 48 people work together, it's pretty damn cool. So, that's it for me here, if you are interesed in Planetside 2 I play in Connery server as Huntsven.

P.S: No hackers there.