1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2014 4:11 PM by TNT_Molybdenum RSS

I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will

ghamorra

Activision and company have consistently proven that they are unable to figure spawns out. It's frustrating as a player that I can't count on my spawn to give me the security and peace of mind that one should expect. I don't have to go into much, if any, detail at all as we all know what I'm talking about.

They're not only bad (in every sense of the word) but they're really inconsistent. You could spend half a match fighting over one corner of the map because the spawns relentlessly place you 20 feet from your opponent and then spend the next half of the match spawning on opposite corners.

I blame this on the decision to place objective and choke points right next too, if not inside, a spawn point. The fact that I can crouch right after a spawn and kill three players as they approach the objective is unacceptable.

Spawn locations need to be built solely for spawning, objective need to be built separately as objective points. The more attention being placed on a spawn during the game the worse off it is.

Flipping the spawns is something else I don't understand. There has to be some sort of logic to it but there's not. Just today I was playing Drop Zone and both teams met in the middle of the map as they always do. Six on one side of the Drop Zone and six on the other. The teams hadn't even crossed the middle when the spawns flipped and my entire team was killed. Why? There was no pressure placed on the spawn, hardly anyone had even died.

I know this is coming off whiny but I find it tough to keep interested in a game with a flawed mechanic that's so important.

• 1. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
          WhyNoName

They actually tweaked the spawns in a hot fix a week or so ago - I believe our "community manager" Teanah tweeted it out.  What I've found is that in TDM, you can now easily spawn trap a team on certain maps.  You can force them to spawn the entire game in the same location if you never push the spawn - even if they have a couple of players exit the spawn successfully, as long as you keep your position, they stay.  If they think that is a "fix" we have no hope.  I've noticed this on Stormfront and Prison Break the most - very, very easy to lock the spawn point.

• 2. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
            iHattoriHanzo0

I'm gonna be honest, I like the spawn system unpredictable and illogical. If you think about it, when you play a game with a re-spawn system, it becomes the most important factor and question in the game, "Where is the enemy spawning?". Of course we have all become accustom to it and depend on it for the strategies we take.

I'ld love for the devs to somehow continue to have us re-spawn but take that question out of the equation. Not saying they did that with Ghosts but they definitely threw a wrench into it. I hope to see static spawns and traps disappear. Keep it about gun on gun within the map and not about manipulating spawns.

I'm dreaming....I know.

• 3. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
              huntingnoluck

I have played a little bit this week and the spawns seemed a bit better then normal. Normally I would get spawn killed a few times per game but it seemed less. But there were a couple of where 'I am moments' because of random spawning on the new maps, and I can remember twice when I spawned and watched an enemy spawn beside me!

• 4. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                sennalike

I've given up hope on it being improved. This week, without fail, everytime I have gone on a good run, 5-10 kills without a death, I eventually die, and immediately get five deaths before I realise what part of the map I have actually spawned in.

I get the logic of trying to stop spawn killing that had begun to get out of hand, but the revenge spawning is just as frustrating. In previous CoD with smaller maps there was some sort of excuse with limited spawn points. But the maps in ghosts mean there is no justifiable reason to have such bad respawns. I too find it hard to keep interested in a game when half the time I have little or no control over the outcome.

Every CoD game is memorable for something, ghosts will be for the terrible spawn system.

• 5. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                  ghamorra

The game that inspired this I started out 5-0 and those five kills where the 1-5 kills of the game. I got lucky and most of the enemy lined single file as I killed them. I didn't get another kill until about 90% through the game. I went on a 0-12 death run with nearly all my deaths being no more than 5 second after a spawn. I consistently spawned in the same little corner the entire match, never anywhere else minus the one or two times where I spawned on the opposite side of the map (those I actually lived for a bit).

When the match was about to end I got 3 kills and finished 8-18

• 6. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                    HEREIAMNOW

My only beef with the spawning system is constantly spawning on the far side of the map away from the action.  I am a runner and gunner, this leaves me to exposed by random camping stragglers when I am trying to get back to the support of my teammates.

It is highly annoying and lowers my kill count.

• 7. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                      Izjar11

Its getting accustomed to one fact that you need to accept: When you kill someone prepare and know they are near by.

• 8. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                        ghamorra

It's tough though when you have two guys in front, a guy behind, and a another flanking you. Too often I'm fighting a 360* battle and those you just don't win. Sometimes when I do pull off a triple or quad feed I know the opponent is thinking that I'm cheating or some sort of God; in reality I was just spinning around in circles trying to find out where go off and hide.

• 9. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                          Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

It's tough though when you have two guys in front, a guy behind, and a another flanking you. Too often I'm fighting a 360* battle and those you just don't win. Sometimes when I do pull off a triple or quad feed I know the opponent is thinking that I'm cheating or some sort of God; in reality I was just spinning around in circles trying to find out where go off and hide.

YES, yesterday this happened to me various times, I would kill someone and two were near by and I still got killed from behind. This is also more relevant when you the player are in part of the map running solo.

1 2 3 Previous Next