6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 6:22 AM by DudditsII RSS

Anyone else have lag or delay on and off?

I get a delay with this game and this game only. I have a wired network have opened all the ports recommended. Have a static ip and have placed my xbox in the dmz. It comes and goes but its there more than not. I have paid to upgrade my internet to an even faster speed but I'm still behind the rest of the world. Anyone else have this? Oh and I have reset the Cashe and modem too many times for it to be that which microsoft tells me.

Latest reply: on Apr 25, 2014 6:22 AM by Replies: 6 in GHOSTS XBOX ONE
        • Test #1
          Re: Anyone else have lag or delay on and off?

It all depends on how you connect to the host of the game...if you are on the East Coast United States, no matter how good your internet is, the game will be "laggy" when you play with someone from Australia or somewhere a long way away.  Heck I have decent internet and ping to local servers, and have lag issues when playing with people in California, and I'm in Atlanta.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2014 12:54 PM
          • Test #1

your connection really means nothing but it is good to make sure you have a clean connection to the internet / host.

The host is the main ringleader of the match and he decides how good the game is. Even if you got great ping to him that doesnt really help when you may have worse ping later to a further away host.

Then you have to consider the other 10 people in the lobby too.

If lag seems to be on and off the most likely reason is because when you go head on with a player with (example) 200 ms ping your ping and his ping are added together when you go up against him. At the point he becomes a part of your scenario thats why the "lag" shows up.

Last Edited: Apr 24, 2014 3:55 PM
            • Test #1

Yep, it's been driving me insane, also a very matchmaking success rate...but i think everyone's playing titanfall.

Last Edited: Apr 25, 2014 5:27 AM
              • Test #1

hi I have same issues I do everything they ask me to to enable no lag but I still get it. Its not your fault its the other players your connecting to not doing the same thing. ie streaming/downloading if everyone had good broadband and did everything asked of the the lag wouldnt be as big in the game. But why these players get rewarded with lag compensation is beyond me

Last Edited: Apr 25, 2014 5:58 AM
                • Test #1

I get the same thing on ps3, and like you, i have tuned my connection, to no avail.

Last Edited: Apr 25, 2014 6:16 AM