0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 2:29 PM by FlavaSprinkles RSS

Forum Moderators

Hey guys,

A little insight on this topic, as I know there has been some confusion. The former moderator team was fantastic at their job. A little too fantastic. Because of this, they've moved on to bigger and better things with Activision and Call of Duty, focusing more on community game nights and other projects like that.

Because of this, a void was created in the forums, and my team has been asked to fill it. My agents (not of Hydra, contrary to popular belief) have been performing moderator actions since before Ghosts launch, but have stepped it up since the change over. We originally started with 5 moderators during our peak months, but have dropped down to three over the last couple of weeks. I'm sure you have seen their names around by now, they are:

OGHuxtable - Alicia

SavageHam - Albert

EmiliozGunz - Kevin

While these handles have belonged to the same agents for some time now, we do have the ability to move different agents in and out of them, so we don't have to create a new Mod account every time we change someones role with the team. This is why you will see a sign off at the end of each post (^MV), so you can identify who they are. We also have a number of other moderator handles we are not currently using.

All 3 of these agents have been around the industry for a few years now, they started with the company moderating ELITE competitions and boards during MW3, moved into QA here at Activision for BO2, and then were recruited by me to be our forums support/moderators. They are all avid gamers, and have been a part of the COD family in one way or another for years.

It's been difficult for us to come into these forums and keep from getting conversational with all of you, which would help you get a better feel for who we are, but we also want to make sure we are not confusing anyone about what our role is here. We are not community managers, or advocates. We are simply here to help respond to support related questions, maintain the spirit of the Activision Rewards program and keep the conversations civil. We want to make sure that everyone is able to get help and have a good time while in these forums.

With the Rewards program we also hoped that we would be able to identify helpful members of the community who could move into moderator roles to help us here. I believe it was one of the prizes in the store for a while, but we are trying to figure out exactly what functions they would perform, or abilities they would have available to them. We are still figuring that part out, but we are working with Studio on calibrating on our approach for our mods and where to go from here.