The train has left the station and the hype has begun with the latest info on Sledgehammers CoD for 2014
This page has just been released Get Ready for a New Era of Call of Duty®
It has a a blurry image and a countdown timer that ends on 4 May (Possible trailer day) The site isn't available on mobile so for you guys the picture looks like this
In the picture there're 3 hidden links. 2 lead to news articles and 1 to wikipedia
Both news articles mention Blackwater and Private armies.
GameInformer also released this article: See The First Screen From Our Upcoming Call of Duty Cover Story - News - www.GameInformer.com
Stating they'll have more information on Sunday. Along with the article this picture was also posted
Which leads to thoughts of a future CoD with the exoskeletons and armour.
New video has just been released as well, also talking about private armies.
So it looks like more information has been released over night, first up we have this mini vid.
And then we had this video.
0:00 - Trailer rated 18. CoD rated 18 again?
0:03 - Captured on Xbox One. That kills the switching of lead console theory.
0:08 - Exoskeletons
0:20 - Atlas. Possible rival PMC?
0:21 - Stealth tech on aircraft.
0:23 - Kevin Spacey. Lead Antagonist?
0:28 - Funky future armour.
0:37 - Huge jump on Golden Gate bridge. San Francisco as possible location.
0:46 - Piston sound. Exoskeleton helps with large jumps?
1:03 - Stealth tech seen on character.
1:04 - Scanning grenades. Works with HUD on helmet?
1:25 - Mech suit with minigun
1:33 - Mini drones like Quadrocopters
1:39 - Wall climbing abilities.
1:42 - Hover bikes
1:44 - Female characters
1:47 - Bullet proof portable wall.
2:10 - Chase on hover bikes. SP level?
2:15 - Crab tank
2:21 - Jump kick
2:27 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
2:32 - 4/11/14 Release date
Scrabbled image looks like the box art for CoD:AW
Xbox PoS found on Charlie Intel by FalconR6
Advanced Warfare is available on: 360, X1, PS3, PS4 and PC
No mention of Wii U
UK players can pre-order at Game and recieve 2 personalisation packs. 1 for Ghosts and 1 for Black Ops 2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history, and again brings all add-on content first to Xbox
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – one of the most powerful men in the world – shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.
Power Changes Everything.
An Advanced World:
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.
- In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.
- And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC - Atlas Corporation - is at the center of it all.
An Advanced Soldier:
- Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.
- The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.
- With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.
An Advanced Weaponry:
- Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare brings players into the battlegrounds of the future by boasting a new hi-tech, advanced weaponry and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.
- Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.
- And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.
Confirmed all DLC is released first on Xbox.
In game screenshots from Sledgehammer: Twitter / SHGames: Check out three of the first ...
More talk of PMC's http://instagram.com/p/ni7OjAq5z5/
AW will supposedly run on a new next-gen engine, it's still unclear weather it actually is a new engine or just another heavily modified version of the current CoD engine.
Remember those scanning grenades from the trailer? They're a multipurpose tactical grenade, throw for a concussion, charge for a room scan which works with the tech in your helmet
Interview by GameInformer with Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey the studio heads at SHGames
AW confirmed to be at E3
Advanced Warfare Intel Report:
Sledgehammer Lobby Art:
Interview with Audio Director - Don Veca
Future Tech: Vehicles, weapons and exosuit
Imagining The Future
Podcast - MP confirmed
As we get more information i'll keep adding links and videos to the OP.