1 2 3 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2014 2:08 AM by SinCaraxx RSS

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?

BlackMetroid95

Hey guys, it has been awhile huh? Haven't been on the forums alot- what with school and all.

Anyway, did anyone see the new CoD trailer yet? The game is called Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Check it out- http://www.gamespot.com/articles/update-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-of ficially-released/1100-6419370/

Honestly...i think it looks pretty darn good. The Black Ops 2 trailer was as good- and i liked it. Maybe this will be the game that'll save CoD...do you guys think it will be for Wii U? Im really hoping it will be.

• 1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
          WiimotesRus02

BlackMetroid95 wrote:

Maybe this will be the game that'll save CoD

It will be if treyarch can do a good port and get off the gamepad main controller issue and balance the controllers well. Otherwise all the non Mario fans might as well buy it for xbone/PS4..

• 2. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
            the1andonlyIKY

The controllers are as balanced as they've ever been. Perfect? No. There's always room for improvement. And it pisses me off when people talk like "There's only room for this control style cuz it's the best and what this (the game or the Wii U system) is meant for. If you don't use like it or use it, you should get lost." It's very stupid. Each control style has it's advantages and disadvantages to each other.

And as far as a "main" controller, the GamePad IS the primary controller for the Wii U. You may not like it, but it's true. It's the controller that comes with the system, is pretty much necessary for its use, and is the new idea that Nintendo has put forth and is trying to make their money off of. The Wii's primary controller was the Wii remote, and the Wii U's is the Wii U GamePad, which are their actual names. They are both "main" controllers, and since they are both present in this game as they are, they should be equal. No more, no less. And it's getting there.

• 3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
              bughunt

PS4 - £60

X1    - £60

PS3 - £55

X360 - £55

PC   -  £45

Wii U - Doesn't exist

It may or may not be announced for the Wii U the day before release...after everybody has bought it for every other platform.  I seem to recall Activision saying that they want the Wii U to do well.  Maybe they are hinting at the quality of the game   Either way, this will only ensure that there is next to no playerbase (regardless of the steep climb in sales following the MK8 Direct).  That will also bring a limitation on any additional DLC, further hindering any potential growth.

The trailer doesn't really do anything for me.  MW3 was the start of things getting laggy and stupid and the game itself wasn't what I hoped for.  Lag Ops 2 and the hill billy that they hired to write the netcode only soured things further.  I didn't even bother with Ghosts due to the problems and glitches I kept seeing.

Advanced Wars looks interesting, yeah.  But I was hoping for a BO1/MWR type of return.  Won't be preordering (especially at those kind of stupid prices LMFAO) but I'll wait and see what the netcode is like and how buggy and glitchy the game is before I even consider dropping a penny on it.

• 4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
                the1andonlyIKY

bughunt wrote:

It may or may not be announced for the Wii U the day before release...

Ehhh..go with a month or two. They gotta get some people hyped to pre-order it with our "bonus" that will get removed on the week of release

• 5. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
                  WiimotesRus02

Well I'm sorry it pee's you off so much, but after all, there is a large number of us that bought this console because of these games and the fact that it is wiimote compatible, plus a couple of surveys in this forum showed that there is more wiimoters than gamepad/DA users for fps games, and that's my point. I know the gamepad is the consoles prime controller, but for CoD on the WiiU its still the wiimote that holds the majority. All I want is more stability, better frame rate and less recoil that the DA controller has. I really don't care who users what, but those are the balancing issues I want, and know for a fact we haven't got those, and no, AA is not an issue for me in this title, I'm not talking about that..

• 6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
                    uscoastgaurd

WiiU is definitely getting it, it's pretty obvious. A_Trey_U wouldn't just leave us with sh*t-Ghosts, all broken up; right? What worries me is that they had a hard time working with Infinity Wards games... Now they have to work with something completely new.

The game looks good but I said the same for Ghosts. The Campaigns have always been good (But short), what worries me is the Multiplier. Psst... Guys... Remember Sledgehammer helped make MW3...

• 7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
                      like2nap03

They normally announce it in August or September.  Game comes out in November.  So yeah, a few months.

• 8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
                        like2nap03

uscoastgaurd wrote:

WiiU is definitely getting it, it's pretty obvious. A_Trey_U wouldn't just leave us with sh*t-Ghosts, all broken up; right? What worries me is that they had a hard time working with Infinity Wards games... Now they have to work with something completely new.

The game looks good but I said the same for Ghosts. The Campaigns have always been good (But short), what worries me is the Multiplier. Psst... Guys... Remember Sledgehammer helped make MW3...

What do you mean they had a hard time working with Infinity Ward games?  Ghost is the third one they did and in my opinion it was by far in the best shape at release.

• 9. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U?
                          nintendon't

BlackMetroid95 wrote:

Maybe this will be the game that'll save CoD

Dat COD cycle at work....

1 2 3 Previous Next