17 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2014 6:29 AM by ghamorra RSS

What kills your desire to play the fastest?

ghamorra

I don't have much issue with lag, I find the gun balance to be pretty good, and the amount of airsupport one deals with per match is just enough. So the only thing that really gets me bummed are teammates that are bad, like really bad.

I've come to accept having at least one man on my team dying 20+ times in a match but when that person and three other manage to die 61 times in just over 3 minutes I just have to walk away. There's really nothing me and the other person can do to.

Coming off two very good games my high was immediately derailed by one of the shortest TDM matches I've have ever played. The match lasted a little more than 3 minutes and one player managed to go 1-20 with another going 1-17 followed by 2-12 and 8-12. I'm entirely sure how it's possible to even post half of that score without rethinking your strategy.

Maybe they just don't care. It's a game and I happened to get the four guys who just wanted to act stupid. Or maybe it's a sign of how some parts of this community don't realize just how bad they are. It's not like the other team was super awesome. I and the top player on the team managed just fine and almost brought us back pulling in close with a 20-6 run at the end before losing.

I'll take the small victories of sticking out a lopsided match to the end but it's hard for me to play knowing there are players who can go 1-20 in TDM.

• Re: What kills your desire to play the fastest?
          xoMrSLAVEox

Players like that are usually stupid **** kids. If they die in one place they go to same place over and over again and die every time. I have seen it so many times and when theres players like that in my team i always quit.

sennalike

I've noticed these 'extreme' scores and KDRs seem to happen more often during clan wars and double xp weekends. I suspect boosting is the reason but it's impossible to know or prove. Another reason might be players like myself who have lost all sense of purpose and am only playing to complete operations. I have little desire to win and have never cared about my KDR. I'm just filling time before Elder Scrolls is released!

gotsomestars

OOM 12. I can only play one game before it locks me up.

slyd0g55

I wonder if more kids play the game , because kids don't really care to much for KD or W/L - maybe , The whole lopsided lobbies suck ass , you may as well be playing against a decent clan , them players don't watch your back , don't cap or collect , plus award the enemy with air support making it a difficult when before the match began, seemed reasonable. I hate with a passion when myself or 1 other in our team has more than 5 caps and the other 4 have 0 -1, on a tough match with lots of turn-arounds  ----- like the first cap is a gimmie!

I guess it swings both ways , play with the useless , play against em' --- solo games

Shadowelite555

Thats why I dont play TDM, it penalizes the entire team with deaths. I hear ya man. I dont expect greatness out of everyone, but, if a person goes 1-20 over and over again with no improvement, its time for them to find a new game to play. Sounds kinda harsh, but its most likely kids that do 1-20 in a game they aren't suppose to even play, so whatever.

OUHATEME

This is one of the times I look at the person who is doing really bad kd . If it is overall bad I think nothing of it because I don't know the person on the other end or they have limitations physically or anything else . They may be trying and having a great time doing it . I tend to be more forgiving when running solo. If I'm running with a party and someone is doing that bad well they just have to take the ribbing that they get , the same way i do when I have a bad game . I have people in my life that have disabilities so I will always have their back. That being said for those boosting or using a spare account to use split screen as the other person as bait is another story altogether, no sympathy there. If the person has an overall good kd and they are doing bad next thought is what operation are they trying. I know when I tried some of them I had it handed to me, but I still had fun. I'm just saying you dont always know what is going on or the situations on the other side of the screen.

WHat kills it is when running solo how much I have to use the mute due to these people , it could be so much better if people didn't get that oh so brave because you'll never see me complex while online.

Izjar11

Personally when I see someone on TDM with a 0.25 KD I cringe if they are on my team or leave.

LVLikeG

I lose my desire to play when I continually run up against parties and lose because of my team.  The other day I went 63-35 with 10 caps in dom and we still lost like 200-120.  Sometimes there is no amount of help you can give a randomly assigned team.

slyd0g55

I know the feeling bro , if only you could see my last 10 games , even in HCTDM I can get over 30 kills yet the team mates will only get 8 -10 kills, the urge to wanna win loses focus especially in Dom , If I'm the only one capping I give up and let the enemy trip cap ,I know my team mates won't give to sh!ts about a loss

gotsomestars

"Out of memory 12".

phxs72

I feel your pain.  If I'm just playing to play then it doesn't bother me as much but its hard for me to not play for the win.  I just like winning too much.  The only way for me to get around this problem is to play with friends.  At least then I know what I've got to work with and most of my friends are quite good at COD.  Playing with them keeps me from having to deal with the 2-50 split screeners dragging me down.

ghamorra

I've almost completely stopped playing unless it's with a party. That's why I've been playing Extinction a lot more. However, most of the time when I party up with you guys I get a lot of lag, but we win 99% of the time so I deal with it.

phxs72

Lag is the unfortunate result of partying but like you said, if we're winning then it's okay to deal with.  Typically when I'm lagged out somebody else in our party is having a good game and since I know that they can carry the load when needed I'm less concerned about my personal performance.  That's one of the side benefits of playing with friends.  We all know what each other is capable of.  So there's no real need to prove our greatness in every match.  When I'm lagged out, I just try to not die too much which in some matches is a challenge unto itself.

ghamorra

You can definitely see the swing in the leaderboards. I'm normally never the best but I do hold a solid 1.5-2.0 K/D in TDM but then I'll have <.50 games. It's usually these games where someone has a 20+ K/D match. I don't mind though because when this happen I just resort to trolling the other team.