1 2 3 4 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2014 2:49 AM by WilliamCL57 Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?
        Run_N_Gunning_Camper

What makes you think you speak for the majority?

• 11. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?
          BAZTUD

Given the majority of responses, it is "we" and "us". Sledgehammer should have stuck to their guns and went with a Vietnam era game. They buckled to pressure from marketing.

• 12. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?
            WilliamCL57

I've only disliked 1 call of duty game. Black ops 1. Do I bash it as a terrible game? Not a bit because numbers don't lie. It might not be my cup of tea, but it's still a fantastic game. Not once did I think any other game stood a chance at tearing it down either. I simply didn't play it. I played Halo: Reach that year rather than a game I couldn't stand myself, but I didn't doubt the franchise as a whole and I was right not to. Now I've played cod the most I ever have since Mw2 with ghosts and I'm excited for something completely new in AW

If you're a fan of Call of Duty, then you'll trust SHG to deliver an epic game full of new experiences.

• 13. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?
              BAZTUD

Why do StarWars fans continue to consume more from Lucas after Episode One? Why do people cheer on teams like the LA Clippers. Because they are fans. Fans have hope. They believe things will improve. And, when they don't they get pissed and they talk about it. There are entire businesses built upon it: talk radio, magazines, newspapers. Such media, like this one, are forums. The problem is nobody--in this case Activision--cares about fans when they are on top. Grassroots only matter when they are down. When they lose their base and revenues dip... then, maybe they will care about fans. Until then, we are just all wasting our time.

• 14. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?
                Izjar11

BAZTUD wrote:

Why do StarWars fans continue to consume more from Lucas after Episode One? Why do people cheer on teams like the LA Clippers. Because they are fans. Fans have hope. They believe things will improve. And, when they don't they get pissed and they talk about it. There are entire businesses built upon it: talk radio, magazines, newspapers. Such media, like this one, are forums. The problem is nobody--in this case Activision--cares about fans when they are on top. Grassroots only matter when they are down. When they lose their base and revenues dip... then, maybe they will care about fans. Until then, we are just all wasting our time.

Good points, yet, they choose to indulge their time. A point has to be drawn, where the person continues and its seems more harming than good or they become annoying and avoidable.

• 15. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?

Just take a look at the latest COD post on their facebook page. They are getting slammed by the same things this thread addresses and it's from all sides of the COD fandom. That's what they get for making ghost a sandbox shooter made only for run and gun forcing people into a game style.

And the it's followed up by nobody wants to see COD go in this direction. Know your fan base and Advanced Warfare is not it.

• 16. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?

"Good points, yet, they choose to indulge their time. A point has to be drawn, where the person continues and its seems more harming than good or they become annoying and avoidable."

If you can't have an adult conversation where people disagree with you and are winning a topic, then you should apply your own words to yourself.

• 17. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?
                      WilliamCL57

I don't understand your problem. You say they don't care about their fans, but they brought in a 3rd developer so cod has a 3 year development cycle instead of 2 years. Which has allowed sledgehammer to develop a brand new engine and get rid of the piling faults of the old one as well as innovate a stale franchise. This is risky, but necessary. They are still a business after all. Making the same thing over and over again will eventually fail. Bring on the laser beams and hovercrafts.

• 18. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?
                        WilliamCL57

Wut? o.o

"Adult conversation"... "winning a topic"...  You've contradicted yourself within same sentence lol. You don't "win" topics you jackass. You can't win with an opinion, and you can't win without evidence of your claims if you're basing your argument on fact. Literally nothing you say anymore has any merit when you consider yourself "winning" a discussion. Especially since you haven't contributed a single decent thing to this thread. Untwist your panties and get over yourself kid lol...

• 19. Re: COD or Just Bad Halo Edition?
                          BAZTUD

If it were about the fans, they would have utilized the third developer to address all the problems in the most current titles. Protecting their products integrity and  leaving the other two companies to focus on their prospective projects. Hopefully, maybe they plan to take such action with the addition of the third group. By adding a year to the cycle where that developer focused only on game maintenance, when their time came to create, they would have an adequate appreciation for fandom. As well as, a better understanding of potential pitfalls and threats from game hackers. But, to get back on topic... I feel the crux may be that diehard fans don't want sweeping change. They want the same basic game, just improved with each year. Better graphics, new maps, new guns, new killstreaks. Improvements to the overall workings of the game, while staying consistent to a core theme and audience. It is like when your favorite team changes their name or mascot--or hell, moves to another city. Or, if your favorite band decided to become a polka sensation. But, I guess some people are lemmings.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next