24 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2014 11:16 AM by ghamorra RSS

Welcome to the danger zone...

matuzz

...or as some call it "spawn zone".

Don't know about you but I'm getting slightly tired waiting for the patch that IW have so long tried to make. We have given them ton of replies on the spawn thread, surely the patch will come soon. Right?

Wait? Oh we are getting more DLC? Well I guess that is as good! Because putting more money down to this game is exactly what I want to do!

(All video footage filmed after the latest patch)

• Re: Welcome to the danger zone...
          tracy

I know just how you feel, I find myself just playing for clan wars or to help friends level up and it seems like a chore, getting fed up of being shot in the back or being killed within seconds of spawning. Just maybe they'll have the spawns fixed soon, say about the same time as COD AW is released knowing our luck

sennalike

The spawns in ghosts are just a joke. Worse than the old spawn killing. At least in the past you could see it happening and if you chose to you could just leave the match. With the revenge spawn system you have it in every match and the only way to avoid being a victim of it is not to die. I've lost count how many times I have been 5 or 10 kills with no deaths, then I die and before I know what's happening I have 5 deaths. What makes it really grind is it isn't even because the enemy know what they are doing and get themselves into position, it's because they see you pop up in front of their sights and say thank you that was an easy kill.

gambit1969

At the moment it does'nt feel like a "normal" game if i don't spawn into either enemy sights or enemy gunfire at least twice per match

ghamorra

After last night I couldn't agree more. The spawns can get pretty stupid and much like Black Ops II it's turned into a "spawntrap or be spawntrapped" kind of game.

I brought up procedurally generated maps a few time and I think that would solve nearly all spawntrapping issues.

greyfryer67

ghamorra wrote:

After last night I couldn't agree more. The spawns can get pretty stupid and much like Black Ops II it's turned into a "spawntrap or be spawntrapped" kind of game.

I brought up procedurally generated maps a few time and I think that would solve nearly all spawntrapping issues.

Dude, I was singing "I wade through the danger zone " for years this is a genuine epiphany for me.

Shadowelite555

Damn. Good video though, good quality to it.

matuzz

I'm thinking about just playing Extinction as the spawns are really ridiculous and getting on the nerves.

Izjar11

Like you, I detest spawning in front of an in coming enemy like that.

The revenge system in this game is not friendly what so ever, I do not understand its reasoning but I presume they believe it has to be there. Good video,

iHattoriHanzo0

This can definitely be infuriating. I usually play tdm and still find this happening especially on maps like Freight and Sovereign where rushing spawns and going for the cheap and easy kill are usually the main objective. When it happens on a map like Stonehaven I get perplexed.

To be honest, its nothing compared to the frustration I felt with BO2 on maps like Highjacked. Not saying I haven't raged quit before in Ghosts due to this, but I have been able to deal with it better coming off a title like BO2.

I don't think any CoD will ever be free from this because rushing spawns and finding spawn points is what players do in CoD. The algorithm will always be figured out and even stumbled upon randomly, especially in objective game modes.

ghamorra

There's a number of mitigation to prevent flawed spawns. You can't fully prevent but you can at least make it less likely. The most efficient way to counter spawn killing is in the map design. designing parts of the map to favor the person spawning is something we have yet to see in Call of Duty. Nearly every main spawn point a play spawn in an open area with multiple vantage points looking in on them. They need to flip this. The area the person spawns needs to have vantage points looking out into an open area where the spawn killer isn't concealed.

iHattoriHanzo0

Some ingenius idea needs to surface to solve these issues. What I'm trying to get at though, is the developers will never be able to have a flawless system. Especially when there are players that want small maps and constant action.

I think what I'm getting at is....the aggressiveness of players is just as much to blame as a lack luster spawn system. When there are players that bee line into the oppositions territory, things get chaotic. When players are on the move, they tend to go too far, instead of playing mid map. Its a common tactic and habit I'm sure we are all used to and been doing a long time. Reason being, its effective. Rush the enemy, push them back, and catch them off guard. The repercussion of this is, the devs can't completely solve spawn issues with the mindsets of many players aggressiveness.

matuzz

Revenge spawn system is the worst possible spawn system. Both teams should have main spawn area at the each end of the map and then one spawn area slightly in front of the main spawn. Most of the time players spawn on the main spawn and if its clear then in the front spawn. When the main spawn gets compromised (2 or more enemies in the area) the spawns will flip.

The system Ghosts uses where you are intentionally spawned nex tot, in front or behind the enemy is absolutely idiotic spawn system. It guarantees players will get spawn killed or killed by random player spawning next to them almost every match.

iHattoriHanzo0

So what CoD title spawn system would you like to see them go back to?

What we have now is certainly frustrating, but I have to imagine they implemented something in this system to get away from flaws in a previous system, a process of trying to improve or "fix".........just as you would like them to do now. You call it "idiotic", and I won't completely disagree, but who's the genius that will solve the problem...you, me? After how many years is spawning still an issue with different developing teams? Unless something drastic is implemented more along the lines of what Ghamorra suggested, spawning frustrations will always exist. Whether its random, trapped, or revenge.

Feedback on these forums and videos are made every year about spawning frustration. I've come to grips that it will never be flawless and at times I will rage and want to throw my controller at the screen. So playing SnD, Extinction or other games is a viable solution to getting away from it. More viable than waiting for a spawning improvement that will rid us of vids like yours.

Trust me, I'ld like nothing more than to eat my words and everyone be frustration free........and the day it happens... I will eat them.... and watch happy vids.

ghamorra

To add to this anti-revenge spawn system; I was playing Drop Zone a good bit last week. The spawns for Drop Zone heavily favors one team. That team will spawn on the objective and if they have control over it then it's like an endless waves of reinforcements making it hard to push that team off the DZ. However, if the team that spawns near the objective doesn't have control then you're basically trapping them in their spawn.

When it comes to map control the only fair way to spawn teams to make each side have a spawn and not base spawns off the objective location. When you base spawns off objective location one team always gets screwed.

Sch4effer

They could add some sort of immunity to the player when spawned, for example when you spawn you get a 3-5 sec count during which time you can neither take or cause any damage. This would give you time to take cover or run if spawned into gunfire.

L30NDR4G0N

nice help, but believe it would make things even more worse, as people could use this kind of stuff for advantage and could cause more probs....best would be to make the spawning the same crappy spawning as ever...yes, was never good, but far away from terrible as it is now...

ghamorra

They had spawn protect in MW3 for explosives. I hated it as I wasted a good bit of resources on guys I was unaware that had spawn protect.

Really there are ways to prevent encounters with spawners altogether and I think they should focus on that.

L30NDR4G0N

exactly what i experience day in day out at CoD: Spawn of the Dead...but it seems IW managed to get what they wanted...ignoring everyone at the feedback-thread till everyone gives up, as one can see by the rare posts the last days...what bothers me most is also that you not only have to spend worthy time to comment about the biggest issue in game, but nowadays also have to keep struggling with a few people that try to counter your words with "check-surroundings-crap" etc, as this clip shows very good with WHAT problems many have to deal with...truth is, that again, as i said a billion times before, that this problem can't be discussed in an all-together thread, as this extreme version of problem is mostly happening on playsi, as xboxers can't understand...yes, it's true, it's not only the dlc's that are exclusive for xbox, but also the patches that improve the crappy spawn-system, as as said before, xbox already got one since playsi got NOTHING since release!!! i remember, as it was posted from teanah at front page of thread, before they "changed" it to please also the playsi users, instead of pleasing them by TRULY DOING something...i don't care, but to me, made my decision...NO MORE $ for dlc's till see true improvements...also will test CoD: AV later this year before it gets bought...hard for me, but prefer this over feeling like a cheated clown...thx