1 2 3 4 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2014 10:27 AM by thebiindsniper Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
        ChestSplittah

Matchmaking based off of ping. Which it would take way too long to show. If you can maintain a ping of 60 or less you get put into matches accordingly. Not some poor effort at it by just giving you a match because you looked.

Similar pings should be matched only with similar pings, not letting the system look for increments from 75-125. I feel it should look as MW2 did. 50 ms or less, THEN 60 ms or less. I refuse to believe this crap is doing such. There were no dedis, no one can say "Ya huh, because of this IP address". Period. Or the all too well known, "I haven't seen a host migration". Well, muppets, how do you know you weren't host? Exactly,  so let's not even question my ability to see through bs.

No more of this matchmaking based off stats. It is detrimental to the online connectivity. Titanfall proved that, that is why they had to "tone down" the algorithm. I know... because I have the game on PC and directly after they pushed the change through. You would see pings of 80-125 ms being let into a lobby with a average of 30-45ms. That is destructive. ..even on dedis.

SPAWNS: Nothing can or will be done, not until they make maps like Battlefield, or return to the way maps were made from CoD4, WaW, MW2..Some of the maps on Black Ops. Period. . Undeniable fact, that even a developer has said. Deal with the spawn trap by getting to the locations needed to give your side the upper hand. Period.. Undeniable Truth I speak... Any Veteran from CoD knows.. Example. . Starting off Aside Salvage, Terminal, Bailout, Wasteland,  etc.. You better get off the chappy side because you will get thrashed.

• 11. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
          nicedrewishfela

Matchmaking could definitely use improvement.

It is kind of doom and gloom to say Spawns can't be improved. Like I said they will never be perfect, but they've been better in previous versions and I think they can still be improved.

• 12. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
            ChestSplittah

I'm just using experience. Every since they've went with the map design that they've used..bar a minute amount of maps. We've had screwed up spawns in multiple modes. Bar FFA, which.. you get what you get. Team based modes, minus the death of Demo.. (Which needed to go), have been completely screwed up. By either being able to run straight through the map and position yourself directly in the enemies spawn,  or being able to flip it at a moments notice. Dom has been and always should be a "Home Base" game mode. Unless it the home base is Overpowered by the team taking it.

• 13. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
              nicedrewishfela

Can't argue with that.

I think we have caused our own issues as a community with our impatience. People refuse to have any sort of spawn delay because they just have to get right back in the action. People complained about having to go a distance to get back in the action, so they implement revenge spawns.

It's crazy.

• 14. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
                AntiGov

Perks need to be changed to a risk/reward system. That would require some careful planning but could be accomplished by base player attributes, ammo capacity, and for all the perks regarding electronic based perks a battery capacity. That would still allow players to play as they always do but everyone would be sacrificing something in return and a lot of the speed perks wouldn't be needed.

You want to carry 2 Claymores, a LMG, and extra ammo? You're gonna move slower than a player with an SMG and no equipment, regardless if have your pistol equipped or not.

That's just a ruff example, I've been planning on making a thread when time allows.

• 15. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
                  ChestSplittah

True. People that play Dom like TDM.. In the sense of running all through the enemies 1/3 when your team controls the 2/3rds needed to win.

• 16. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
                    gotsomestars

Not so much a MP issue, but the way they have been communicating with the community the last couple years, not so good....

• 17. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
                      biron_w

The spawn system definitely needs to work right. And they most certainly CAN be fixed. I know it's not possible to make one that works right all the time but the one in Ghosts is just awful. Even on the largest maps you could spawn right next to players on the other team. That should NEVER happen. As I've said in numerous posts the NUMBER ONE priority for a spawn system should be to spawn you as far away from enemy players. It's that simple.

I agree that HC Ricochet needs to go. I hate it. 3 TK and you're out is a better system.

Sort out the insta-death problem. I've complained about this god knows how many times. I saw it in the Ghosts MP reveal, said it would be a problem and everybody said it wouldn't be in the final game.....but it was. There is/was an inherent problem in the last few CODs(MW3, BO2 and Ghosts) whereby players seem to be out of sync so you have the annoying problem where you just drop dead with no indication you're being shot at. It's not just to do with internet lag. Whatever it is needs to looked at and addressed. Although if we have got a new engine it might not be a problem.

Sort out loud footsteps! I'll admit that I use headphones to sound whore. Why? Because I can. In Ghosts footsteps were too loud. Make footsteps quieter like in BO2. And have no perk to make them louder.

• 18. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
                        techie519

The lobby server needs an update and the map scaling needs to reflect the number of players designed for the map.

Increase lobby sizes from 12 or a slightly larger number.  I'm not taking Battle Field scale here, because that's not COD.  Maybe increase the maximum lobby size to a maximum of 16 - 20.  The lobby management software needs to be smart enough to suggest he correct map sizes.  If you have 10 - 12 players use the current small and medium size maps because they are scaled correctly for that number of players.  If you can get a lobby with 16 players, the server should start suggesting bigger maps. The bigger maps like Siege and White Out are better scaled for large groups of players.

The same goes with smaller lobbies.  When I want to play, "I WANT TO PLAY!"  So if I can find a lobby with 3 other players, start a game on a really small 2 v2 map like the ones from MW3, then at intermission check to see if you can port us into another lobby.  There is nothing more frustrating then sitting in an empty lobby waiting for others to join.

Sure it might require the developers to create a few more maps, but it won't be that many more. They would only need to make about 4 really small and 4 really large maps as generally most lobbies will average 10 to 12 players. 

• 19. Re: What is the One Thing you think is most important for MP in this game to Succeed?
                          gambit1969

Consistancy of matchmaking and connection because without those everything else is null and void

1 2 3 4 Previous Next