5 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2014 5:58 AM by Izjar11 RSS

The new vs. the old. We want change but wont accept it

Shadowelite555

As players, we always want something new, something challenging. Then when we get used to or experienced enough, we look for something else that is new. All of us complain. We want to point blame at other things. So, we want change. There's nothing wrong with that. People have been asking for a brand new COD experience, and Advance Warfare is next in line. But there are people who say that it is a bad Halo rip-off and they want to play COD, not Halo. Well, these people wanted something new, something different from what they experienced before. We complain and whine for change, but when change comes, we dont accept it. I guest you cant please everyone.

• Re: The new vs. the old. We want change but wont accept it
          ghamorra

It's not really change that people don't like. People hate whatever doesn't directly benefit them while at the same time putting others at a disadvantage. Look at every gun that's ever been called OP. When it's used against them it's OP however the gun they use isn't. MW3 people called the ACR OP while they used the MP7, but that was ok.

I like change so long as it's something universal. I might sound like a hypocrite, but change should only encourage diversity and never show favoritism. If change does have a bias there should always be an equalizer.

Gerbera

Basically, not meaning to bash those players, but developers should not do what Treyarch did with BO2. That was bias/favoritism for rushers if I ever saw it. (And no, Ghosts did not do the same for "campers". It merely mostly equalized things again. It did not give tons of advantages to campers while taking away advantages for rushers.) A majority of stuff in BO2 was primarily meant to help the rusher. Even things like the Target Finder and Dual Band Scope (along with the MMS) were primarily meant to allow people to locate and weed out campers (why allow the Target Finder to be used on something as small as a SMG otherwise if it wasn't meant to be used by rushers?), but what many people constantly seem to forget is that the tools of the game are available for everybody to use how they wish and not just for a select group of people, which is why campers could take advantage of the likes of the Target Finder too.

vims1990

Shadowelite555 wrote:

I guess you cant please everyone.

Exactly, that's where the problem lies for the developers.

We're part of a community that can't accept change and at the same time they want the franchise to innovate. It's a lose/lose situation for any developer.

This video pretty much sums up this issue within the community:

biron_w

I'm looking forward to some change. I hope the exoskeletons do make it into MP. I hope we can jump higher than normal and run faster.

After seeing the reveal video I'll actually be unhappy if they DON'T make it into MP and we just end up with the same MP we've had for 7 years.

Izjar11

Shadowelite555 wrote:

As players, we always want something new, something challenging. Then when we get used to or experienced enough, we look for something else that is new. All of us complain. We want to point blame at other things. So, we want change. There's nothing wrong with that. People have been asking for a brand new COD experience, and Advance Warfare is next in line. But there are people who say that it is a bad Halo rip-off and they want to play COD, not Halo. Well, these people wanted something new, something different from what they experienced before. We complain and whine for change, but when change comes, we dont accept it. I guest you cant please everyone.

I am a COD player and I welcome anything new, fresh and challenging (I hardly complain though).

These same people who did not like Ghost are the most eager to buy AW, they are the worse type of consumer. They already have convinced themselves the game is not what they like, and yet they will buy it and play it and then come here and say "Ghost was so much better".

The amount of hypocrisy these dudes have is out of control.