27 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 10:39 AM by tracy RSS

Dear CoDHQ

Dear CoDHQ

I have had an amazing time recently playing and speaking with some CoDHQ Veterans through CGNs and on twitter, not so much through the forums, because as most of you will know, I am a forum newb. It's been pointed out that there's lot's more awesome people that have some amazing ideas that they would like to put forward for future CGN's. However, they aren't on twitter. So I thought I would open up this thread and say hi!

Hi

Polly

Pollydolly1
        • Test #1
          Re: Dear CoDHQ

Welcome to the hub of the COD community, it's true there are lots of awesome people here with amazing idea's and plenty of fun to be had if you ever decide to venture into 'Teh OT' ( that's how it must be referred to ) - look forward to seeing more posts from you

Last Edited: May 10, 2014 12:50 PM
            • Test #1

Hi Tracy - Thank you

I feel I've missed out on loads! It will be great to meet new people on here! I am trying to follow you but it only lets me do it in a stream!

'Teh OT - I am 100% Newb

Last Edited: May 10, 2014 1:03 PM
            • Test #1

For those guys that might not know what a CGN is or haven't had the chance to take part in one yet here's a brief overview

Community Games Nights (CGN's) are popular on range of different games, weather it be a chance to play with fellow forum users or the fabled developers and maybe even the odd Youtuber. It's chance to take things a little less seriously, kick back and laugh with people who share the same passion.

GCN's can take a number of different forms, from the massive lobbies which are guaranteed chaos and lulz to the more competitive things like Race To Escape. Both have their positives and negatives.

Massive lobbies are great as more people get a chance to take but on some of the smaller maps it can get a little too chaotic.

Race To Escape's are good for giving players a more 1 to 1 game with developers and Youtubers and add that competitive factor but access is a lot more restricted. (Although there's nothing to say a community team couldn't pit them selves against the Dev/YT teams)

A few of you guys may even remember Back in Black the CGN that pitted CoDHQ against Charlieintel.

(I can't remember who won out of the 2 but I know I won the FFA with a Tomahawk GWK )

So now we all know what a CGN is and have been given a few examples what's your favourite format for a CGN? Do you have any ideas that you'd think would make for a good CGN?

Something I'd like to see is a series of CGN's which pits community site teams against each other in a league format. With different players from different sites like CoDHQ, Charlieintel and I Play CoD playing a variety of different games on different platforms. Perhaps we could even get Gypsy816 to add a CGN badge to season 2 to recognise the players who represent the CoDHQ in different CGN's.

Last Edited: May 10, 2014 1:00 PM
              • Test #1

Hello and welcome to the CoDHQ!

Last Edited: May 10, 2014 3:10 PM
                • Test #1

welcome

Last Edited: May 10, 2014 3:18 PM
                  • Test #1

Welcome ,,, still an apprentice = noob as well but learning and will probably look more into this ,,,,,,

Last Edited: May 10, 2014 4:01 PM
                    • Test #1

To Polly

Safeguard could make for some fun CGN's as well, either first to complete Safeguard/Safeguard Extended or first to complete/ highest round reached on Safeguard Infinite.

To the forumites

One of the biggest gripes on the HQ is the lack of developer interaction, perhaps if we started doing CoDHQ CGNs and if they became a regular thing we could try and get a few devs involved and show them we're not all disrespectful, foul mouthed children we might be able to get more interaction on the HQ as well.

That seems like a win/win to me.

Last Edited: May 11, 2014 1:30 PM
                      • Test #1

How about some Hardcore love?

Last Edited: May 12, 2014 2:11 PM
                        • Test #1

I would also love to see more HC in CGN. HC KC is all I play anymore. Welcome to the forums Polly!!!

Last Edited: May 14, 2014 10:19 AM
                          • Test #1

Howdy there Nooblet!

Last Edited: May 14, 2014 1:29 PM