12 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2014 1:41 PM by bwsrpnch RSS

Why the hell do Europeans ALWAYS get host in public lobbies?

Every god damn time! This is absolutely the most annoying thing about this game for PC. Anytime we're up against Euro lobbies THEY get host and are already shooting before they even round the corners without fail. This might not be such a big deal in TDM game types, but in SND it's a HUGE issue. At least alternate them. Who the hell designed this crap?

bwsrpnch
        • Test #1
          Re: Why the hell do Europeans ALWAYS get host in public lobbies?

And for the record, I'm running 150d/75u with Verizon FiOS. There's just no reason I can think of for why they ALWAYS get host. Every time.

Last Edited: May 10, 2014 7:14 PM
          • Test #1

And for the record, we mostly get Euros. 99% of all games during daytime hours are Euro. 50% of all games during night hours are Euro. They always get host. Always.

Let me reiterate.

Always.

Last Edited: May 10, 2014 8:16 PM
            • Test #1

I assume you're on the east coast of the US then?

Most PC players are from Europe probably, at least the concentration would normally be the highest there. There used to be lots of server centres also (BO for example).

If the game tries to put all players on a server that gives the majority of them the better latency, I'd say it's a good design.

Even when playing with Europeans, connected from Europe, you'll see issues like people shooting before they even come around a corner.

Since the system seems quite easy to trick, many folks are raising their pings in order to get an advantage from the game itself.

Last Edited: May 13, 2014 10:09 PM
              • Test #1

Nothing to do with pulling host but I had Fios and I kept hearing from other players that Fios was crap for gaming, but it seemed fine to me. But at the end of my contract I decided to switch ISP's and believe me Fios sucks ass for fast paced gaming. I don't know why but it definitely does- all sorts of crazy sync/lag going on that I thought was normal.

Last Edited: May 14, 2014 3:33 AM
                • Test #1

I just wanted to come back here to say THANK YOU to Inifinity Ward for addressing my concerns here. The US player base is dwindling now because Europeans are always host in these lobbies, lending us almost a full second of delay. It's wonderful, thank you so much.

We've resorted to playing private matches, but that's not enough for a lot of the US players so they just quit and move on to CS and Titanfall. Great.

We aren't complaining about lag compensation. We aren't complaining about gun imbalance. We aren't complaining about any of that childish nonsense. This is purely a hosting issue that needs to be addressed. Everything else with this game is fine. I don't really have many complaints. But this is killing the PC community.

For those of us who DO play public, we generally quit after 2-3 games because we get so fed up with the lack of bullet registration because of the Euro host latency. We have no such issues in private matches. There is a clear 0.5 to 1 second lag delay in all games we play against Europeans. In all games we play against Europeans, THEY GET HOST. I have FiOS. I have a base 5-7ms ping when I run speed tests. I run 150d/75u. There's no reason for this.

SWITCH THE HOSTS BETWEEN EURO AND USA ONCE IN A WHILE, PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

It's good to know these forums serve absolutely no ******* purpose. Thanks.

Last Edited: May 26, 2014 1:36 PM
                  • Test #1

You promised us dedicated servers. A lot of potential players were holding out for them before switching over to Ghosts.

You backed out. We'll remember this next for the next installation. Trust me. The USA community is small now, and most of us know each other.

Just please address this issue. Either implement the dedi's, or switch hosts up between continents once in a while.

Last Edited: May 26, 2014 1:39 PM