9 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2014 1:20 PM by BanHaMMer RSS

win your ppl back...

killb0xonealpha

here’s how you win the ppl back:

1) first & foremost: you need to listen to the community MORE now than EVER. i love CoD but Ghosts was the last straw. there is no doubt you’ve lost some CoD community base. you need to give the people what they want, definitely acknowledge the community FOR SURE this time around. the quickness with feedback & updates are vital.

2) better USEABLE killstreaks. The killstreaks in Ghost sux & are boring as hell. yea it's a FPS... it gets boring if that's all you do. i like killstreaks they change the monotony of just shooting ppl all the time. have you ever played Titanfall....? I HAVE and yea it gets boring if there's NOTHING ELSE to do. if ppl have a problem with with them i'm sure you can make a playlist that doesn't have them + perks.... ect, i've seen them before BARE BONES PLAYLIST. sorry killstreaks in Ghosts really didn’t give that feeling of accomplishment. I LOVE the AC130… I LOVE THE CHOPPER GUNNER. i miss those… and I have NO clue why they took it out of Ghosts. Whatever the reason was “We wanna focus on game play more…” Hell with that I want it FUN again!!!

3) THEATER!!! people love that S**T.

4) Tac Insertion – LET ME EXPLAIN: as crappy as the spawning was throughout CoD games… I can’t tell you how many times the computer spawned me in front of another enemy. I’d RATHER  have feel of power CHOOSING my spot of spawn than having NO CONTROL over where the computer thinks “I’M SAFE” and getting shot… I know the whole Tac Insert abuse ppl have boosting, but there is enforcement in place. Hell you guys are smart you can figure out a way to enforce it (I know you can tell when a player is inactive in a game. do something like that.) UNLESS you can guarantee perfect spawning. I’ll take my chances with the Tac Insert.

5) callofduty.com/elite – that made things sooooo much easier to organize and get people together. making it an app was the stupidest thing… a lot of ppl don’t have those devices.

6) about servers/new engine/ect…. don’t promise it if it’s not gonna deliver. nobody likes being lied to. hell no likes the truth being bent.

just my thoughts…. i’m sure there’s plenty more. these are just the most important to me in no particular order.

• Re: win your ppl back...
          gotsomestars

The doctor called, they said your Ritalin script is ready.

WKMMS

killb0xonealpha wrote:

1) first & foremost: you need to listen to the community MORE now than EVER. i love CoD but Ghosts was the last straw. there is no doubt you’ve lost some CoD community base. you need to give the people what they want, definitely acknowledge the community FOR SURE this time around. the quickness with feedback & updates are vital.

They do listen to the community - the problem is that within the community there are millions of differing opinions of how the game should be made.  They will never be able to please 100% of the community all of the time.

killb0xonealpha wrote:

2) better USEABLE killstreaks. The killstreaks in Ghost sux & are boring as hell. yea it's a FPS... it gets boring if that's all you do. i like killstreaks they change the monotony of just shooting ppl all the time. have you ever played Titanfall....? I HAVE and yea it gets boring if there's NOTHING ELSE to do. if ppl have a problem with with them i'm sure you can make a playlist that doesn't have them + perks.... ect, i've seen them before BARE BONES PLAYLIST. sorry killstreaks in Ghosts really didn’t give that feeling of accomplishment. I LOVE the AC130… I LOVE THE CHOPPER GUNNER. i miss those… and I have NO clue why they took it out of Ghosts. Whatever the reason was “We wanna focus on game play more…” Hell with that I want it FUN again!!!

you see the problem with these high-powered killstreaks is that they only benefit the people who are so good that they don't need them in the first place or encourage people to camp to get them.  This in itself can lead to some crappy gameplay experiences.  I'm on the other end of the spectrum - I find killstreak kills to be unsatisfying.  I prefer to out-think and out-play the opposition.. way more interesting and exciting to me than shooting red diamonds from way above the action.  If they want to be able to cater to players like both of us, then there should be a Barebones list again, which they haven't had since MW3. 

killb0xonealpha wrote:

3) THEATER!!! people love that S**T.

I miss theatre too.  My buddies and I all liked to share cool clips with each other, whether it was some nice plays, or some hilarious deaths and we all miss it.  Sadly I don't see them bringing it back. AW seems to be very much a next-gen focused game and both the PS4 and XB1 have their own in-built facility for gameplay capture.

killb0xonealpha wrote:

4) Tac Insertion – LET ME EXPLAIN: as crappy as the spawning was throughout CoD games… I can’t tell you how many times the computer spawned me in front of another enemy. I’d RATHER  have feel of power CHOOSING my spot of spawn than having NO CONTROL over where the computer thinks “I’M SAFE” and getting shot… I know the whole Tac Insert abuse ppl have boosting, but there is enforcement in place. Hell you guys are smart you can figure out a way to enforce it (I know you can tell when a player is inactive in a game. do something like that.) UNLESS you can guarantee perfect spawning. I’ll take my chances with the Tac Insert.

I was glad they got rid of the Tac Insert.  I think it contributed more problems than benefits.  Boosters have been rampant in every game that has had Tac Inserts, irrespective of the punishments put in place.  I can only imagine how bad the problem would be with boosters in Ghosts had tac inserts been in the game - there are so many effective hiding places on some of the maps in Ghosts and it would be way too easy to do. 

rankismet

I'll be honest, OP... you need to change it to "Win me back".

You don't speak for me. I personally disagree with your POV and how you present it.

nicedrewishfela

1) Yes and No. Part of the issue is they listened TOO much, so we get a garbled mess. People complained about taking too long to get back in the action after getting killed- so we get Revenge Spawns and Poorer Spawning overall. People complained about getting TK'd in HC, so we get stuck with Ricochet.... it goes on and on. There are big issues that impact the entire community, but so many smaller ones that they need to do what is BEST for the game, and not worry about making everyone happy.

2) The focus on killstreaks is just silly. The streaks in this game are usable and effective, but I'd rather see the focus more on gun on gun and strategy.

3) Theater was a cool feature, but I have no doubt it contributed to poor hit detection and lag. The Next Gen Consoles have recording ability, no need to take up space with this feature.

4) Tac Insert... the BAD far outweighed the GOOD. Fix the Spawn system, but don't give boosters their crutch back.

5) Agreed here. Elite was a great tool, the new App is horrible.

6) They will never be able to provide a 100% lag-free experience, but agreed they need to communicate more clearly with the community on the game and how it runs.