8 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2014 2:01 PM by bxr2004 RSS

Thank you for the update.

Wow. Cut the thermobarics back to half? Gosh, there goes my favorite weapon. Thanks.

"Fixed" the spawns? After 3 hours, I can tell you that its now possible to spawn in the break room on Sovereign, allowing the enemy to spawn on both ends of the map at the same time. Spawn trapping on Sovereign, hitherto impossible, is now possible. Thanks.

Oh, and the weird volume drop that occurs sometimes when people speak to their team in HCKC? Friends who thought I was out of my mind are now experiencing it. Thanks. You validated my sanity.

Also, you missed a few things. The holo sight on the bulldog when using slugs still fails to count hits at extreme short range. The spawns on Stormhaven, which seemed to have a line-of-no-crossing to avoid enemies spawning in the rear areas? Line is now less defined and I had games with people spawning NEXT to my teammates when we were all together. (got a great kill cam shot of a guy doing just this.)

Plus, since the previous update, gun "swing around" time has been noticeably slower- hearing lots of complaints about that. Assault rifles creep compared to sub machine guns.

Just thought I'd mention it, since Candyslexia said the feedback is welcome.

And in case you didn't get it-hating the thermo nerf. Hating it. Tell the little whiners to put on blast shield if it bothers them that much.

• Re: Thank you for the update.
          ukscorpz

IMO apart from security updates/glitches/exploits, this game didn't need anything patching from release.

This has gone from one of my favourite editions of COD to one of my least.

I've been playing COD 2 and COD4 on the PC more and more (Some of the best user created content ever).

It has become unbalanced and boring.

Adeeez100

ukscorpz wrote:

IMO apart from security updates/glitches/exploits, this game didn't need anything patching from release.

This has gone from one of my favourite editions of COD to one of my least.

I've been playing COD 2 and COD4 on the PC more and more (Some of the best user created content ever).

It has become unbalanced and boring.

This^^^,  and what about the folks that don't do any research, they must wonder what the hell is going on sometimes, they get used to a weapon, next day after patch 236 they wonder if they might have had a minor stroke due to the fact the gun has been nerfed to the point a tater gun would be more useful.

Sorry about the juvenile humour, if it offends anyone i will edit the post.

bxr2004

Not to mention the DLC maps are all terrible...aside from Ignition.

swordmanben

Involving the thermobarics. It apparently only effected HC because people were essentially using it as a lethal. I can understand why they weakened it. In core it doesn't kill unless the enemy is already weakened. It was meant to be a way to weaken armor and soften enemies. Would that be blast shield or tac resist to weaken and survive it? Also, before you accuse me of being a whiner who complained about the thermos, I would actually use them when playing HC. I just understand why they did it.

EJKHunter

It was only to HC modes, they basically just made them so they don't kill (unless you're already damaged, or they hit you in the face for a direct impact). People were being a-holes and using Danger Close (which shouldn't have affected a non-lethal grenade in the first place) and killing people on HC modes from ungoddly distances. I think the furthest I was ever killed from Point of Impact was on Warhawk. One landed and exploded on the hood of the semi in front of the ice-cream shop and killed me at the back of that starting spawn dead end straight in front of it.. a solid 40-50 logical in-game feet. I've had Semtex and Canister's go off in the same spot, Danger Close used, and had buddies camped up in the back of that spawn not get so much as singed.

They were drastically OP for Hardcore modes. Now they still hurt, but even if an enemy has Danger Close on, one exploding at your feet won't kill you anymore... it'll put you at like 1 hit point, but it won't kill you outright. My assault class has Blast Shield and yesterday, before the spawns started getting awful as the day went on, I had a match on Prison Break where I survived no less than ten thermals in one streak - had the enemy team members using them straight up raging.

Bottom line, this tactical grenade now functions like a tactical grenade rather than a lethal one. The community only benefits from this.

Its a thermobaric grenade. As in mini air-fuel bomb. Its supposed to be painfully dangerous. I never understood why it was a "tactical" grenade. That having been said, I would rather they had fixed it so danger close didn't affect it, rather than nerfing it so severely. I put two on a guy trapped in a corner of the bar on Strikezone  and he survived both with ease despite a pin point delivery on my part. Ludicrous. They changed a weapon from "powerful" to "practically useless".

More importantly, its almost June. That means we've been using them for about 7 months. If they are going to make such a radical change this late in the life cycle, they may as well reset the HC leaderboards as well, because otherwise they've just entered a skew factor into all of the stats. I mean, anyone looking at my kills total is going to think I'm really dangerous. However, as of Monday night, I had 49K thermos thrown, with 16K touches. Those numbers are going to pretty much slow to a crawl now. To put it another way, how would people react if, at this point in the game's life, they took a gun that could get a one bullet kill, decided it was too powerful, and made it 8 shots for a kill? I would have understood in, say, January, but the 13th of MAY? C'mon, get serious.

nicedrewishfela

How do you hate them fixing a Tactical Grenade that acted like a Lethal Grenade...in HC Only?

It's silly. They made it how it should have been from the start.

nicedrewishfela wrote:

How do you hate them fixing a Tactical Grenade that acted like a Lethal Grenade...in HC Only?

It's silly. They made it how it should have been from the start.

Yeah, from the beginning of the game's life cycle. But at this late date they have become part of some people's repertoire-and now those people will have to radically alter their style.

nicedrewishfela

Which is a good thing. As a HC player, I've seen Thermobarics become a crutch for many players who just throw them in a general area and get kills. They will still be effective as they will damage the opponent, but they can't be counted on to get instant kills.

When a tac grenade is the best lethal in the game... that is a problem. When having an extra Tac grenade costs less than having an extra lethal.. and that Tac KILLS... that is a problem. That is potentially 2 extra kills (at least) for the 1 point cost of an extra tac perk. We all know that the difference between a 1 and 2 point perk can make a huge difference in class setup.

It is never too late to do the right thing.

As a further note- how come they are still lethal to ME if I hit a teammate-every single time?

Also, since the sticky grenades have virtually no blast radius, and the frag grenades have less than ideal physics, the thermo was a handy substitute. Now, I like the stickys-at least in this COD they actually go where you are throwing them, but unless you pretty much tag a guy with it he gets off with damage only. The frags don't roll or bounce correctly- I've had them roll a long way on the sand in Octane and a few piddling inches on a concrete floor. As for 2 wall bank shots-forget it. What was possible in the last 3-4 CODs just doesn't work out in this one. They tend to carom off at weird angles instead. The thermo was the only thing with a chance of accuracy and an actual blast radius.

I know some people spammed thermos blindly. It happens. Me, I plan and aim every throw. Doesn't mean they always worked out, but I was trying instead of praying. I don't use them as a crutch-I use them as a horror weapon.

Anyway, there were other aspects of this update that proved disturbing. Sovereign spawns, for instance. Heck, most of the spawns are now allowing enemies to spawn next to each other. We had a great kill cam of that last night on Tremors. You could actually see two guys spawn in the cam, only to be cut down by my buddy who was all of a foot away. I'm not sure why they played around with the Bizon-personally, I think it kinda sucks. Now if it had been the Ripper I might understand. That's all anyone seems to carry these days But, meh, its not so bad you can't overcome them with smart tactics...