11 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2014 3:43 PM by hashinators RSS

Reduce IMS cost by half and buff it.

WIth recent nerfs time to get new strategies out, if people want to see new strategies, then id say Ims/feral/riot shield is the new thing but IMS cost 1250 andonly kills 5 enemy and its really shitty, we need to buff IMS to at least 8-10 rounds , faster reaction and higher radius then maybe we could see if 500 is possible using guns. Come on IW you listen to your casual noobs about nerfing sht its time you listen to other about buffing sht other than GT.

spiderkn0ws
        • Test #1
          Re: Reduce IMS cost by half and buff it.

I agree here dude. I have thought for a long time that the IMS needs something. It is far too costly. Fully upgrade allows 6 detonations but in order to make any money from it the kills need to be anything but a scout. And lets be honest when has it really ever hit something other than that. On the odd occasion a hunter yes, and even rarer a scorpion. It can get you out of trouble by removing drill seeking cryptids but not as well as a gun and concentration to what is going on. It provides minor defensive abilities at most IMO.

Last Edited: May 17, 2014 6:29 AM
          • Test #1

It definitely needs a buff.

Last Edited: May 18, 2014 5:24 AM
            • Test #1

I agree...this is a good idea.

Last Edited: May 18, 2014 1:52 PM
              • Test #1

I agree. Using an IMS is currently a waste of money. Somewhat helpful in a sticky situation. But definitely not lucrative, you never make your money back. Also more than half of my IMS rounds seem wasted because the aliens it's deploying for gets gunned down before it even gets to them.

Last Edited: May 18, 2014 2:12 PM
                • Test #1

I think you have A point. But they should make the price $750 and make you have 10 canisters and you can place 2 down at a time.

Last Edited: May 18, 2014 6:16 PM
                  • Test #1

I've been playing a lot of solo hardcore these days and ims has been so good to me on nightfall and poc. I play run and gun strategies and the fact it covers the drill for me in a tight spot makes it worth playing it. On some hives I drop one at the beginning and run to a more advantageous spot with traps and won't have to go cover the drill for the entire hive. Because skill points are few and far between, I drop 2 in to it at the most and it's good to go.

I'm playing for teeth and not high scores but it has landed me in the top 25 so I'm happy with it. But hey, if ig decides to buff it up with 10 explosives or whatever, I won't complain.  It would be an absolute no brainer

Last Edited: May 18, 2014 8:54 PM
                      • Test #1

Although I see everyone agreeing with the IMS needing to be fixed with its "money to damage" ratio, it is only a video game addition. It is just like if they were to change the colors of the uniforms and skin. I seen a discussion with someone complaining about how they don't have mixed faces on the customization. It is just the game in general. Yes, the topic of the IMS sucks, but if you guys don't like it, don't use it. Its all about what you like and are most comfortable with to escape.

Last Edited: May 19, 2014 1:17 PM