5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2014 12:31 AM by GrimReaper_ RSS

Can't connect to server@Q.Q

GamerIR

3days ago i got this stuck problem  when i wanna play i got this thing "The call of duty: ghosts server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit www.callofduty.com/ghosts/status for updates." snigleplayer work fine  plz help^^@  i try every time and not working -.-  not my router problem or steam plz update and fix this

• Re: Can't connect to server@Q.Q
          frisian-viking

For me, restart of the modem did the work.

FV

HI guys,

I deal with this problem every time Ghosts does some sort of update. The last one a week ago (about 580megs worth), has given me the connect to online servers problem the longest. I have connect twice in that period of time. Usually I try deleting steam, reinstall, then verify the game cache a half dozen times, cold-boot my router, reboot the computer and usually, within a couple days, it goes away. This time, no. I haven't been able to play in days. This will be my last COD game. Had enough trouble fighting the problems. I've tried everything this time-- reinstalled steam 3 times, have rebooted my computer and router so many times, tried the old 'port forwarding' tricks, deleted the clientblob file numerous times, But nothing. You would think there is one file critical to connecting online that you could verify, or one config you could check for errors. Activision gives no support. They all get back to port forwarding as their solution, or UPnP, or some other lame fix which never works. It either fixes itself 'magically' or you just don't get to play.

max...

Same here, I have been unable to connect for weeks now on my main account. I spoke to Activision support and they said they didn't know what could cause this and would get back to me. Over a week later and still no reply from them. I have just family shared to a new account and I can play, but its still annoying that I had to start over and support doesn't give two sh**s about PC players.

Finally after 12 days, I am once again getting connects to the servers. Again, no reason, just started working without me doing anything specially. No new reboots of computer, router, etc, no reinstalls of steam, or verifying game file cache. Just started.

max...

Keep on doing it, it'll eventually work