10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2014 7:21 PM by KC_KREW RSS

Dlc maps how to delete them

eleven1181

I Done this before and had to delete the whole game and then download the 49 gb file again. Has this been fixed now so I can just delete the dlc maps ? Or do I need to delete the whol thing again, can't believe I was stupid enough to download these maps again. There laggy as hell and no1 has them see the same people over and over again and it's rare to actually play a free for all game in a full lobby.

• Re: Dlc maps how to delete them
          oRLsx317o

I did exactly the same stupid thing the game was becoming unplayable for me after downloading Devastation, so I had to delete and reinstall the whole game and all of my downloads. I noticed a slight improvement (I say only slight because I believe some of the connection issues appeared after one of the updates were released prior to me getting the DLC maps), but unlike with Devastation I liked half of the Onslaught maps, and my game wasn't bad when I had just that installed.

It wasn't the same...which reinforces my belief that the patches released in Feb or March were responsible for the ruined matchmaking/connection problems. Immediately uninstalled and reinstalled Ghosts and it's a bit better again, but still nothing like how it played at the end of last year

Why don't we get a "deactivate DLC" button like we had in MW3? I never had DLC in MW3 because I didn't start playing it until last year and it didn't seem worth it, but it made sense! Even if that wasn't possible to implement (no reason why it shouldn't be), at least let us delete downloads separately from our hard drives! Smh.

I hope I never see Devastation again. 3/4 of the maps = campy AIDS lobbies, the spawns - particularly on Behemoth - are atrocious and aren't good for my blood pressure, and no matter what IW do, Unearthed is just Dome + Ghosts play styles (there's only one overwhelmingly common one) and aliens. Looking at the Invasion DLC reveal, I think it's safe to assume that IW want to go out of business. All of their recent content is just insultingly bad.

So yeah...I'm afraid you'll have to just delete Ghosts again. Reinstall that, the team leader pack (you can't get the season pass or Ripper back otherwise) and any camos you bought, and forget about any maps. We've both wasted money on the season pass, but at least without the DLC maps the core game that we also wasted money on is somewhat playable. Sorry for confirming what you didn't want to hear.

eleven1181

Its the people who have the maps that have ruined the game. They don't move on the dlc maps campers tracker sights and thermals everywhere, then u have the map just loaded with ieds. It's just noob city And before anyone says get better I play MLG GBs and do well i just don't want to play with people who rely on everything apart from a gun to get a kill

oRLsx317o

You don't need to justify your complaints to me; I feel the same way. Everyone just wants to play like a bit¢h it seems...easy mode all the way. Thermal M27s, double IEDs, hiding in corners...it's not fun to play against at all, let alone put up with it in most lobbies.

I see that a lot - "get better" or "adapt". I'd love to know why no one asks prolific campers why they can't or shouldn't "adapt" to players that know how to move and aim at the same time. Those kinds of play styles lead to boring, stale matches 99% of the time - fact. My first ever KEM came from a TDM game that went to TIME LIMIT on Stormfront, and apart from the excitement of getting my first KEM and going 37-0 against an entire team of one-room campers, was that game anything like fun? Hell no.

Getting really bored of Ghosts, really fast. If my Xbox 360 controller's right stick wasn't drifting all over the place I'd go MOAB hunting on MW3, but I don't see the point in buying a new controller now for a six and a half year old console, especially as there should be some good games coming out on PS4 soon...but not soon enough!

WhyNoName

As oRLsx317o said, deleting the Ghosts install is the only way at this point.  This will force you into redownloading the latest patch and then redownloading any additional content you want - micro DLC/etc - assuming you want to play again.

It would have been nice had they given us the ability to delete store content individually or given us the ability to disable DLC as they have in past IW titles.  IW followed suit with 3Arc from last year in how they did map packs.  They just force everyone into the same playlists with other DLC owners which then limits your player selection.  dumb.

KC_KREW

Do a search on this topic in the "Search box" on this forum's main page. There has been many posts on this very subject. There does seem to be a way that was found ( do not remember exactly) - go to settings, system storage,etc. -its a long chain but eventually you get to delete saved game data  and it is in there that you can delete the dlc. As I said, it is listed in one of the  threads- I have not done it myself and only mention this as " I saw this posted". Do some research ( I am not trying to be a smart- aleck)- you may find what you need, I personally just roll with the DLC as it is. I just back out of the  lobbies and find something I want to play -Good luck and great gaming !

oRLsx317o

I tried this myself bro (I searched around before deleting everything the first time); as far as I recall there's nothing other than online save data there to delete. I went in expecting to see files of several GB in size and only saw one for like 110mb. I think it was online save data anyway, I can't quite remember. Definitely no delete option for DLC though

KC_KREW

Just found this- again, I have not done this so ,proceed at your own peril- good luck!

RE: HOW DO YOU DELETE THE DLC FROM YOUR PS4

jnnrcideLevel 1

I know how to do this, its long winded and you wouldn't expect it to be there but:

go settings > application saved data > saved data in system storage > delete > call of duty ghosts

a list of things come up, game save, profile and dlc etc

should solve it

Jnnrcide

WhyNoName

Unless something has changed in the last couple of weeks, the only individual thing you can delete is the online game storage file - meaningless.  The other file is the game itself which includes patches, dlc, micro dlc, etc.  Once that is gone, you have to redownload the patch, dlc if you want, and any micro dlc - as well as season pass/etc.  And if you have the digital copy, the entire digital copy of the game....

KC_KREW

You are correct to the point there is not a way to delete DLC, to my knowledge, without deleting the entire content of the game. I offered the link with the note that I have not done this- only seen it posted and do some research to see if the info is there that you seek. All dlc gets put into normal map rotation eventually so if you want to play Ghosts, you will have to play the dlc at some point or not play at all. Take care and good gaming