17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2014 2:30 PM by F3RNAND0XXX117 RSS

"out of memory 2" error

So I have had ghosts for about a week now and I have beat the campaign.

but now when I go to even play a mission, in the middle of the loading screen it black screens and takes me back to the main menu with a message that says "out of memory 2"

I have no issue with this in multiplayer, extinction, or squads only in campaign.

I have cleared my system cache and restarted my console twice.

is there anything I can do to fix this and has anyone been recently facing the same issue, to my knowledge I have learned that this has happened before not to long ago.

• Re: "out of memory 2" error
          Zorro1267

I have this issue too.  What has caused it?

Lucent76

Me too I went to have a bash at the Campaign the other day and there it was. I tried clearing the cache and freeing up some HD space but the problem remained.

I am having the same problem, though it first appeared after I downloaded the drill instructor voc for multiplayer. Now I have to eliminate the "title" file, the "voc" reload them and hope they work until I turn off the console again. Regardless, I can no longer get the campaign to work and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both disks.

Did any of you encounter after adding dlc??

Hi, i bought this game yesterday but im having the same problem, when i start single player mode (for the first time) in the intro im getting "out of memory 2 error" almost at the end of the loading bar, i copied both discs to the hard drive. i've alreadt tryed clearing cache, reisntalling game (2 times), and nothing worked, i can only play online mode. can anyone help me? Thanks.

Latest update which after not playing for a while was installed and now this error.  I don't care about cheat codes and anti cheat fixes.  How about getting the game to stop with this crazy error.  Obviously it is something in the latest update..  AARRGGHH

Same problem.

I can't play in single player... Choosing a random mission, during the loading game I get black screen and error: out of memory 2. Until 2 june it worked fine, but after last update the single player doesn't work.

I tried to delete title update and invasion's dlc...nothing is changed.

Anybody know how to fix this error?

Regard

xBadBoy84x

Sorry for my bad english.

EJKHunter

This has been going on since December of last year as a heads up, and though no direct fix was ever found, it is a Console error, not a game or app based one. The game/app just reports the error it's run into, and in this case it is due to your 360 running out of RAM (Random Access Memory) and the program crashing or erroring. Some Memory errors are also caused by a lack of VRAM (virtual as in reserved hard drive space) issue, where for whatever reason it is reporting back that your hard drive is out of empty space, even when it isn't.

This is a hardware problem on both the 360 and One and thus far Microsoft has not addressed it or offered an official fix, it is believed to be caused by faulty memory within the console's hardware. Simply said, your console is to blame and as of right now, Microsoft isn't doing anything about it.

I don't know if you work for Activision or not, but it is NOT a console problem. You're telling me that the thousands of us all of a sudden have a faulty Xbox that all happened June 3rd after the update??? Wrong.

Yea right, it's a problem with the game and it should be fixed soon, but it looks like Act/IW will just sit on their butts and do nothing about it.

Anyway, you guys can delete the latest update and the campaign will load fine. Which is another reason why I know the update F'd things up and it's not a console problem. Only thing about deleting the update is that: 1) You can't sign into live without it 2) You'll run into a few other glitches.

The glitch I ran into was that there was just a black COD Ghosts loading screen in campaign instead of the pre-level videos before your next mission. That sucks, but at least you can play the campaign.

This is terrible and they better not be blaming it on the consoles. The patch/update is causing the RAM to overload in those loading screens which is causing the error.

starbuckfrack

First of all you can tell if he was working for Activision or not by holding your mouse cursor under his name. As for what he said it was right. The xbox forums are full of complaints like this and they have been spreading since around December even BEFORE the update happened. MANY people have the game STILL lock up on the loading screen at random times. Including me. Everytime I start it up I get surprised it starts.

If its not happening to a high majority of player that could mean that the problem could be on your end, hence the reason they offer solutions to try and fix it before dealing with support. For example some problem you have and call support on will take an automated system telling you to follow one procedure and then the phone hangs up on you.

In the meantime you can either suffer until they fix it (IF they fix it at all) or you could take a minute to attempt somethings by yourself. You could be waiting for them to fix something they might never fix. Like when you deleted the update at least you attempted SOMETHING which is the same thing I would do.

I tried to post some examples and possible solutions from back in January and December but the post gets marked that it needs to be moderated until they can check the links so posting them would take some time for my post to show.

Just google "360 out of memory" and you will see a ton of pages.

There are even more ways around it in the MW3 forums.

EJKHunter

Okay, what I meant was something was done in the software, done correctly but outside of normal console perimeters, that's causing the hardware to fault. The reason one side says "it isn't us" is because they can't find a fault when they scan and test through debug cycles. The software code tests fine, which leaves only the hardware to blame. Same in reverse, the hardware side runs their tests and finds that during that particular cycle it develops a memory leak which can cause some rather serious issues in turn with running anything it happens to be running at that moment. They blame the software end.

Technically it's neither side, it's just a rare occurrence in how the software and hardware interact, for whatever reason the software is coded correctly but during certain cycles of its processing it causes the hardware to fault and report back an error.

Imagine doing something correct, getting top marks, tests just fine and it's good to release to the public.. and randomly, a small minority of the users begin reporting errors that no matter how hard you test you can't replicate? That's got to be baffling on BOTH sides.

That is what is happening here. The problem is, it started before June my friend. Long before June. There have been reports of this very thing since 2012, so most of those "thousands" are from years prior. You're just another new few who suddenly ran into their particular console having conflicts with that particular piece of software. It sucks, but because the numbers are so limited and the issue avoids replication, it's listed as an "isolated" bug which may or may not ever be dealt with.

MW3 (among other games) was filled with a lot of isolated bugs which were never addressed. They simply couldn't replicate them in order to know what was causing them, so.. oh well. That's really all they could do.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks.

IMO, these guys need to stop updating and leave the game as is. I'd rather have a playable game with a few glitches, than update the game and have an unplayable campaign. I'll probably just ask for a refund. No matter what way I try, I still won't get the full campaign now because the cut scenes will not play anymore.

Did the previous "memory errors" happen with updates as well? In the end, what I'm trying to say is that they need to allow us to delete this update, continue to play online, and fix the cut scene error. Why not just have everyone download an update that makes the game the way it was before the initial update that messed up all our games?

Who knows, it's upsetting that you can pay $60 and not get something in full, the way it was advertised.

Lucent76

I have now tried the game on 2 separate consoles with 2 different gold accounts. Memory error 2.

THIS GAME IS NOT WORKING FIX IT.

Same problem here playing on xbox 360

im playing in sigle player only when i delete the last update and disconnet the internet from the xbox, but when i want to play online i got to update it, been doing this for a few days, but the game in single player without the update doesnt have the cutscenes before the mission starts and there are missing some other stuff like the animations from lcds and monitors, they all say call of duty ghosts...

brh2010

Very frustrating indeed. I'm having the same issue and nothing has worked. I'm going to try one last suggestion from customer service - deleted and re-downloading my profile. If that doesn't work, then I'll contact Microsoft.

brh2010

Hey All!

After contacting Microsoft support, I was finally able to fix it!!

Here's what I did:

1. From the Dashboard go to Settings > System > Storage

2. Highlight the Hard Drive and Press "Y"

3. Select "Clear System Cache" (clear the cache 3x)

4. Uninstall the game from your hard drive and run it off the disc (if applicable).

Note: I tried to run the game after simply clearing the system cache, and I still got the error. So, then I decided to uninstall the game from my hard drive and give it another try and it worked!

This worked for me, and I hope it works for you.

The solution to this problem is: Uninstall the game disc and it´s all.