6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2014 8:15 AM by mattiedog27 RSS

Does reporting actually work?

I have been in 3 hacked public lobbys in the past 2 days. Basically 1 player on the enemy team with a colored gamertag that changes (text and color) will have unlimited ammo, invincibility, all score streaks earned at the start of the game for the entire team, and right when they use them it is available again, swarm,uav,emp, care package, whatever. also, they are able to make everyone in the entire lobby freeze in place but they can still run around to capture objectives, etc.... Also in one of the lobby's, the hacker was able to have text pop up in the middle of my screen that was quite large, first one said SNIPE OR GET BOOTED, second one said I TOLD YOU TO SNIPE, then he booted me offline via a DDOS attack. I mean come one, this is pathetic with how much money these company's make then stop caring about a game because the new one has been released. I asked one of my buddy's in real life who has a PHD in computer science and knows everything about everything, he said most likely they have jail broken ps3's with J-TAGS. Should I contact sony instead?

I reported all of them multiple time's I am just wondering if it actually works, or am I wasting my time. It's very ennoying to me being that I am a pretty skilled player ( over 4 kd 14.88 W/L on 13 days played never boosting, booting, dashboarding, lobby surfing etc and I don't even have a modded controller. I have only taken less than 80 legitimate losses with over 2500 wins. the rest were due to instances like these, getting DDOS attacked, power outages, or joining lobby's at the end of session.

Please let me know if anything will be accomplished by reporting, or am I just wasting my precious thumb muscles? Also, what will be done, as far as ip block, system block, or do they just block that account and the hacker can go make another one in a minute and be right back online?

• Re: Does reporting actually work?
          Pjzpro

I actually think it works,or at least it did no to long ago, I know a guy his gamertag is AcmaElhacker he was actually banned a week ago or so. If you see a hacker in the lobby do not report him once, spam that button like crazy

iHaVeALiFe wrote:

I have been in 3 hacked public lobbys in the past 2 days. Basically 1 player on the enemy team with a colored gamertag that changes (text and color) will have unlimited ammo, invincibility, all score streaks earned at the start of the game for the entire team, and right when they use them it is available again, swarm,uav,emp, care package, whatever. also, they are able to make everyone in the entire lobby freeze in place but they can still run around to capture objectives, etc.... Also in one of the lobby's, the hacker was able to have text pop up in the middle of my screen that was quite large, first one said SNIPE OR GET BOOTED, second one said I TOLD YOU TO SNIPE, then he booted me offline via a DDOS attack. I mean come one, this is pathetic with how much money these company's make then stop caring about a game because the new one has been released. I asked one of my buddy's in real life who has a PHD in computer science and knows everything about everything, he said most likely they have jail broken ps3's with J-TAGS. Should I contact sony instead?

I reported all of them multiple time's I am just wondering if it actually works, or am I wasting my time. It's very ennoying to me being that I am a pretty skilled player ( over 4 kd 14.88 W/L on 13 days played never boosting, booting, dashboarding, lobby surfing etc and I don't even have a modded controller. I have only taken less than 80 legitimate losses with over 2500 wins. the rest were due to instances like these, getting DDOS attacked, power outages, or joining lobby's at the end of session.

Please let me know if anything will be accomplished by reporting, or am I just wasting my precious thumb muscles? Also, what will be done, as far as ip block, system block, or do they just block that account and the hacker can go make another one in a minute and be right back online?

Well I don't think it works a lot, because when I'm Quickscoping/Trickshotting on FFA many report be for cheating. I haven't been warned or been on probation from Treyarch, so I think Treyarch is focusing more on COD:Ghosts.

gunmetel165

first of all reporting more than once counts as spam so they dont even bother and for the ddos use wired connection i find its harder to get ddos'ed

GODSID

I had a friend playing this game that got 100 kills per ground war game often. So there has to be bad games where he got 30 kills only. He still only had a 3.50 kd. Explain to me what type of internet connection you have? Because your likely a hacker too or at least someone with an unfair connection. Do you have dialup? Im a decent player since before mw1 who has suffered since mid mw2 ALTERATIONS which have left me feeling extreme rage. Help me understand.

And to say they have given up on this game is wrong when camo packs are coming out biweekly is wrong. Its also wrong for them to be taking money for them after season passes were sold, but thats another story. Ip bans need to be made to ALMOST all of the top 500-1000 players on the leaderboard. Their probably not even paying for these new camos but still destroying this franchise. Heres a hint when trying to figure out if their hacks: 1. If a player s stats are in exponents, its a hacker. 2. If there score per minute is over 1000, hacked. 3. If their kd is over 5 or 9 million for that matter, you guessed it, a hack!!

Do something treyark/activision/sledgehammer/sony...

I have come to the conclusion that treyarch and the other company's stop moderating the older game's to encourage you to buy the newest COD that comes out, right now it's ghost, once advanced warfare comes out im almost certain ghosts will begin to be hacked. at least that's the conclusion history would lead you to. mw3 came out, bo1 hacking started. bo2 came out, mw3 hacking started, ghosts came out, bo2 hacking started and so on even for the series before mw2, etc... I no longer play older series because GOD MODES on all of them. ITS COMPLETE BULLSH*T, I am honestly thinking of switching to another FPS, because this is pathetic. I pay over 50 dollar's for a game that I can play legitimately for less than a year, I have spent over 400 dollars on the COD franchise and all I get is hacked game's with god mode and worthless leaderboard's that don't mean a thing. I still rank top 100 quite often, I've even hit top 10 quite a few times in DOM KC and TDM,  but I'm sure I would be higher if there weren't so many hacker's/ booster's.   

I have alway's run on a wired connection with a connection that's better than most. 14-18 kbps upload, 20-26 kbps download, yet I still get DDOS booted pretty much every time I play. I pull host quite often unless im in foreign lobby's because other country's have much more advanced fiber optic networks.  As for your question's about my stat's, I put down on average 60-80 kill's per game with less than 10 death's, which would give me a legitimate 6-8 kd, but i do have game's where I get less than 40 kill's with more than 20 death's against other highly skilled players (tryhards) but I usually have over an 80k points score which makes my 4.73 KD totally feasable. I get 1 or 2 100 plus gameplay's every time I play, I would get more if everyone didn't rage quit when i call in multiple swarm's/k9/lodestars. I once had 5 100+ in a row, but ill admit that was a noob lobby that no one quit out of. I have been playing with the same group of friend's for over 6 year's, we work together very well with call out's etc and never give up or rage quit, we all have our separate roll's (slayers, streakers, OBJ, destroyer, support, etc) that we play very well and none of us our cheaters besides a couple that have modded controllers which pretty much all tryhard's have anyway's. I have friend's with legitimate 6-7 kd's but they don't play objective and go hard for the win like I do.         

As for how to tell a hacker, I mainly watch their killcam's. Having a KD over 5 doesn't make you a hacker,  it just means your highly skilled, or dashboard all your bad game's like most player's do who think there good but rage quit anytime someone of higher skill is against them, which make's absolutely no sense but I deal with it in every other lobby.  I basically know for certain exactly where your spawning the instant I kill you, not to mention we have VSAT's up the entire game. I once called in 9 vsats myself with a 14k score.  I could elaborate and give tip after tip, but i'll let you try and figure them out on your own which is why im better than you.    

Im going to switch to a static IP on a tor network in the next coming week, i will be untouchable after that. I highly recommend it.