27 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2014 9:40 AM by 150TeethSoFar RSS

What's the purpose of Call of Duty?

This is a trick question which, if my experiment goes according to plan, you'll soon realize. I want to know what the purpose of Call of Duty is. What kind of game it's suppose to be and how it should be made?

Latest reply: on Jun 12, 2014 9:40 AM by Replies: 27 in GHOSTS GENERAL DISCUSSION
      ghamorra
        • Test #1
          Re: What's the purpose of Call of Duty?

Purpose: To produce revenue for a corporation

What kind of game: Violent one

How it should be made: Hmmmmm as it currently is, I suppose

Reaction GIF: smile, Jack Black, Nacho Libre.

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2014 12:18 PM
          • Test #1

Purpose - for me, entertainment, for Activision, to make money.

Kind of game - first person shooter.

How should it be made? With the consumer in mind.

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2014 4:13 PM
            • Test #1

Purpose - Competitive

What Kind - Social

How should it be made - Without lag & No games found

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2014 4:33 PM
              • Test #1

A first person shooter that allows us to be a sofa soldiers. I'ld like to say it should be made to instill courage, honor and integrity but maybe I'm going too deep with this. Love being part of an experiment.

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2014 5:02 PM
                • Test #1

The purpose of Call of Duty, I know because I've read the fourems and expurts have sed so, is to be co-operative. That's why it so oftin dosnt make since. Prizoners dilima, which some people confuze with "game theory," proves that if 2 opponents co-operate, will have the best outcome which is maxinum fun.

Its like tick tack toe. If both players cooperate, they will have fun and will accept that one has to lose and one has to win - even if that means there ends up more Xes on the board than Ohs.

But the devs are stewped bcuz the game is so laggy for one team but not the other. Which is completely oppiset of how tick tack toe really works. If one team doesnt have skill then they don't have many Ohs on the board. Thats how it should work. But they un-fairly put more Ohs on the board with artofficial lag compinsashen so that the skillerest players cant put as many Xes on the bord.

Thats why Black Ops 2 was better. That one had NO lag compensashun at all! and the maps were like a tick tack tow board and easier to nagivate which made the game harder for unskilt players.

Only idiohts think this game is not like prisoners dilema. Which is stupid becaue everyone knows that if opponents co-operate they will both be more satisified because everyone knows someone has to lose.

And it doesn't matter that the prisoners in prisoners dilema were not really foes when they were robbing the bank. Thats stupid.

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2014 5:45 PM
                  • Test #1

It has a unique purpose for every player. Problem solved, I'm going home now.

Last Edited: Jun 6, 2014 5:50 PM
                    • Test #1

Well, G, the experiment is going exactly as your hypothesis predicted ... no correct answer. At least, not yet!

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 3:44 AM
                      • Test #1

Purpose: To provide a brief distraction from all the voices in my head telling me to do "the bad thing"

What kind of game: Kill strangers with guns and knives

How it should be made: Available to play in the woods at night.

bruce.gif

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 4:50 AM
                        • Test #1

Personal approach,

Purpose:  To entertain me for a year

Kind of game that it is supposed to be:  FPS

How it should be made: To accomplish it's purpose.  A good mix challenges and familiarity to keep me coming back for more.

Or you could take the business approach,

Purpose: Revenue generator

Kind of game: It's still an FPS but nothing is set in stone

How it should be made: To maximize audience with the emphasis being on bolstering profit.

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 5:24 AM
                          • Test #1

giphy.gif

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 7:06 AM
                            • Test #1

The purpose of Call of Duty is to be the most fun person shooter for the year that it is released so that Activision can make money. 

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 7:35 AM
                              • Test #1

I am going to answer what the purpose of call of duty is to me,,,, with clan wars it is set times for me and some friends to get on in a party ( party chat so we can talk using the bad four letter words) tell jokes and make fun of each other in a comical sort of way. I also use it to do the in game challenges while running solo ignoring most of the lobby talk for obvious reasons . I also have quite a bit of fun playing extinction seeing how else can I escape with what relics . It is supposed to anger you here and there that is part of the fun ,, I've come up with some great word combinations a time or two ( not on the mic mind you just for me to hear ) . Also when hearing the death mic from the opponent really never gets old. So it encompasses a wide range of emotions from anger to humor all the way to dumbfounded as long as you remember it's a game it is all fun. So I guess the purpose would be a release on many levels and if your not enjoying it don't play it that simple.

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 3:42 PM
                                • Test #1

ghamorra wrote:

This is a trick question which, if my experiment goes according to plan, you'll soon realize. I want to know what the purpose of Call of Duty is. What kind of game it's suppose to be and how it should be made?

For players to keep re-spawning.

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 4:56 PM
                                  • Test #1

Conflict of views..... nice

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 6:11 PM
                                    • Test #1

Purpose: To make me look good at a virtual game when compared to total strangers who I do not and never will know.

Kind of game it's supposed to be: A game that matches exactly the way I picture COD in my head, in which everything I like is included, but anything that I do not like or disagree with is removed.

How it should be made: However I want it, and in a way where only my opinion matters and is considered, because I know everything there is to know as to how COD should be run!

(Not how I actually feel, more of a social commentary... )

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 6:34 PM
                                      • Test #1

Good ol' psychology. Who are you? What do you want? And what will you do to achieve what you want? What is COD? No simple answer; surely I cannot answer that.

Last Edited: Jun 10, 2014 6:45 PM
                                        • Test #1

Based on last nights games G'

"To crush your enemies see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women"

Last Edited: Jun 11, 2014 7:48 AM
                                          • Test #1

There's two sides to this question.  The purpose for the player, and the purpose for the developer/publisher.  Obviously the purpose for the dev/pub is to make money, plain and simple.  The purpose for the player is to play and have fun.  Now the tricky part is to satisfy both of those purposes, but both must be satisfied.  If the game is fun, people will play it and buy it.

For me, ghosts has served to provide fun, and frustration at times.  What keeps me coming back to it, is the online interaction with people I've met and playing Clan Wars.  In turn, activision and sony have made a few bucks off me. I purchase the DLC  to keep the game interesting between wars/party sessions, and keep up my PS+ account to allow me to connect with my online friends in online play.  Although nothing will ever be perfect, both purposes are being served, and are mutually beneficial. 

Last Edited: Jun 11, 2014 1:11 PM
                                            • Test #1

purpose- for me to get drunk and play with my buds. BAM!  nuff said

Game- kill people and stuff zombies aliens oprah

Who cares about the business side of it. EVERYTHING has a business side to it.

Ya know what i'm sayin'?

How it should be made? they just added a relic that makes me walk really SLOWWW this is puuuurrrrrfect for a drunk. thank you call of duty for your support.

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 9:40 AM