12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2014 10:26 PM by SavageHam RSS

Friend Invites Not Working

ghamorra

I've had some problems with the invites not working on the PS4. Most of the time I have to be re-invited 10+ times before I stop getting "Invite not usable" or "Unable to join party" or some variation of that.

• Re: Friend Invites Not Working
          gambit1969

The same thing was happening to me last night, it always seems to get worse after game updates, patches and playlist updates, it normally does settle back down again after a few days..  Or until the next update, then back to square one again.

huntingnoluck

The ps4 seems to still be buggy with this kind of stuff. I know I have a friend request that I can't view or delete showing since January. That is annoying.

ghamorra

huntingnoluck wrote:

The ps4 seems to still be buggy with this kind of stuff. I know I have a friend request that I can't view or delete showing since January. That is annoying.

I have the exact same issue except it's on this forum. I can't dismiss a follower and it still says it's new up top -_-

matuzz

I haven't had major issues with the invite system.

gramthenOOb

I've experienced this as an ongoing problem. I typically find it surfaces when leaving a lobby with the intent to immediately party up with a player from that lobby you were not with previously partied with. Although I have found no usable ways to get around the issue, I find that the issue resolves itself after a period of time. I believe it could possibly be an error with the game thinking players are still in the previous lobby, and it takes a little while for the network to detect that you have left. Here's to hoping it's on IW's priority list somewhere.

jnikoley

Invites have been buggy for a while now, but here's a few things that you can do.

1). When recieving an invite, don't accept it immediately, wait 10-20 seconds. If you accept it too soon, try accepting it again.

2). Make sure everyone is using internet time to set the PS4's time. You can find the setting in the PS4 menu under "settings", "date and time".

3). Make sure everyone has the latest playlist. To update your playlist, re-start ghosts by using the close application option when pressing and holding the PS button.

4.) If certain players cant accept the party leader's invites, get the other members of your party to send the invite.

5). If a player cant accept invites, have that player select the "join party session" option by selecting one of the party members from his friends list. This only works when the party he is trying to join is in a pre game lobby (no game type selected yet).

-IMO, none of the above should be necessary, but may/do work.

Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

I've had some problems with the invites not working on the PS4. Most of the time I have to be re-invited 10+ times before I stop getting "Invite not usable" or "Unable to join party" or some variation of that.

I believe it has to do with with playlist being updated, as host (when) you invite someone the further someone is seems to work slower (for me).

SavageHam

Hello,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^AJ