19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2014 7:47 AM by Medrano911 RSS

Broken Challenges on Awakening

BLACKHORSE05

I've now twice noticed the spend $6000 challenge is impossible to do with the money relic early on in the rounds. I was sitting at 2700 at the beginning of the round, only had a potential amount of about 4200 through the whole round (INCLUDING my starting money).

Also the kill 3 bombers before the round is over challenge isn't consistent. One round I had a set of bombers come, and then the 2nd set didn't get out of that comet/flight mode until a few seconds after the drill ended.

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: I added a link below in a reply showing that accuracy does indeed affect personal score. But in case anyone is interested I'll add it here too: Extinction: Personal Score and Accuracy - YouTube

• Re: Broken Challenges on Awakening
          SevenThug

Yeah. But I'd say it's fairly rare you get these. Technically the money challenge is doable. Just bring out a rhino or mammoth and use the electric trap. It'd be annoying, but possible. Drill health would get screwed.

AngryBus97

He is right.

Also, if you are going for a good score, just keep restarting the game till u get it right.

I just did a 7 relic solo, but I restarted (at the start) about 4-5 times so I could get a perfect score at the start, knowing that in the 2nd and third section, it may be let down because (obviously), it's a lot harder.

BLACKHORSE05

You should only have to restart if you screw up, not if the game does.

AngryBus97

Sorry, but that's wrong.

If you are a score player, you do WHATEVER will help you to get the best score, If I screw up at the start, or a challenge 'breaks', that could be a wasted hour game if i don't get the leaderboard position I want.

Trust me, when the top leaderboards have score differences of mere thousands, or even hundreds, every drill plant, protection and challenge is precious.

spiderkn0ws

this man knows whats up.

BLACKHORSE05

Would you please pay attention to what I'm saying before you reply. My point is, the PLAYER should not have to restart if the GAME messes up. You're arguing that the player should restart if the PLAYER messes up. Well good job Sherlock my nephew could have told you that lol. What if the game glitched out and your accuracy was at 0 for every round? That would mess up the score. Isn't that the GAME's fault and not the player's fault? There's a difference.

Yeah I know about scores and how important accuracy is, I was the 3rd to beat Nightfall solo with the original 5 relics and waited a good week or two before others finally managed to beat it. And still only a few managed to do it with the original relics.

AngryBus97

WOAH, steady there! I'm not trying to argue.

I meant the game as well as the player, if the game glitches, then you can't help it, so you may need to restart. I know you shouldn't have to, as you said, and I wish IW would fix anything that would cause a 'broken' game, but if I have to, then I have to.

I think we misread each others comments.

And I really don't mean to say this, but I feel the need to. Accuracy doesn't affect personal score (except for the accuracy challenge), which is why the Grenade Turret is so effective (since with grenade turret your accuracy is ALWAYS 0%, that proves that accuracy doesn't affect score)

BLACKHORSE05

Well now I know you have no idea what you're talking about. I attached a video that shows accuracy DOES affect score, beyond a reasonable doubt.

Extinction: Personal Score and Accuracy - YouTube

So really you should be thanking me because I helped boost your future potential scores by a ton lol. And no I'm not trying to argue either, but if I have a valid point I'm going to prove I'm right. There's no point in letting lies go around, that won't help the community whatsoever.

AngryBus97

Ok, I see your point. I still have an idea of what I am talking about, because what i still don't get is how the Grenade Turret with no damage taken always gets max score, which is what I used for my 8 relic POC run, and my world record on Awakening (pretty much saying, I'm a score player too, so please don't pull those "you have no idea what you're talking about" on me.)

Grenade Turret is always 0% accuracy, I don't have a YouTube, but you can prove it yourself in an accuracy challenge, you can never achieve 100% accuracy.

Either we are both wrong, or something weird is going on. If I am wrong based on your video, then I will take it, but how am I also right?

BTW, my GT is Chill xo for at least 'some' proof. I know you're on 360.

BLACKHORSE05

I've seen people use a GT on an accuracy challenge and even with every shot hitting they were around 10-20% accuracy. The war machine is great for POC and you can easily get 100% accuracy with that. Or you can use sentry turrets and just use a magnum, pistol + melee, or a one shot gun to keep your accuracy at 100%.

Either you're not getting max personal skill points or the turret does not count for accuracy, which should give you 00% accuracy which would give you no personal skill since you don't have accuracy. I think you should replay POC with the war machine and I bet your score will be much higher

AngryBus97

BLACKHORSE05. Please trust me.

Add me on 360, and look at my score for POC and Awakening. (or just look at I think rank 20?? on POC and 5 on Awakening???)

They were both with the GT, and even though my overall score wasn't great, it was my first attempt on POC and I haven't tried again due to playing Awakening more. I had a bad drill protection at the end which caused the lesser score, but at the first section I achieved max personal skill, using the GT. I don't know, we could both be right. Maybe if you use guns the personal score affects accuracy and damage (as you said), and when you are on the GT it only affects damage? Because I definitely missed shots with the GT, but still took no damage.

On the barrier hive, i achieved 10000 personal skill with the GT and no damage, this is the max score for the barrier.

I think someone just needs to explain an OFFICIAL scoring system.

AngryBus97

Also, "or a challenge 'breaks'". I said that (in reference to your pint on the GAME's fault)

BLACKHORSE05

You shouldn't have to go out of your way to get a challenge like that. It's just laziness by the designers, if you have above 2.5k and you don't go down you should be able to get 6k worth with the relic.

Stinky666

The bomber issue has been happening every time we get that challenge. Usually though they come with a second or 2 to spare (literally) before the hive finishes, rather than AFTER the hive. But you have to be super quick. To be fair, that's the only one I have had problems with on Awakening. All other challenges have been fine.

Medrano911

Only challenges I have had trouble with are the bomber ones and the melee the gargoyle one. Sometimes it seems no matter how much you shoot him he just wont land.

DismountedXBL

another broken challenge is each player buy a new weapon, the game gives it to you even if a player is running pistol only. this only happens in coop but if you're going for #1 this can completely screw you over.