5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2014 8:25 PM by TBDZombiesFTW RSS

BIG NEWS!!! - Verruckt Easter Egg? Possibly New

E115EnRaged935

This is on the updated version of the original map Verruckt, on Call of Duty: Black Ops. Now, I played this map so many times before I just started doing everything and anything I could. Like - hours of countless stupid things like random grenades through different places. Then I happened to stumble upon this.

So, I know the map has certain sounds and interactions in certain places, which didn't surprise me when I heard one I had never heard before. But then - my character interacted with the sound and said something. This really got me excited. Now, this is in the kitchen area of Verruckt - 2nd floor. There is two places that make this sound. So I repeatedly pressed them back and forth. I did this multiple times, each time one played one sound, and the other played a similar, but not exactly the same sound. But after about the third or forth time around doing this, my character says (and not exact as I may not have what my character said perfectly): "A character. An enigma. A rotation. A puzzle."

I haven't done anything since then yet, as I was so excited by this that I paused it right after.

For a better explanation of what I did:

In the kitchen, where the knives are stuck in the counter, there are other counters against the walls of the kitchen. One Is on the right side corner of the kitchen, just to the left of the only barricade in the room. Each has little pots on top of the counter. The other spot is on the opposite side to the first one, just to the right of door that leads into Power.

I will post comments to anything else I find, as I will probably be trying to figure whatever I have stumbled upon out over the course of the day.

• Re: BIG NEWS!!! - Verruckt Easter Egg? Possibly New
          E115EnRaged935

Ok now I could be wrong and all it could be is something small. But even though this map is older, I have always had this feeling about it that there was some kind of puzzle. Every room is some kind of... puzzle in itself. Such as, the power room has voices counting numbers, along with various electrical equipment. The rooms next to it have writings and jumbles and codes. I will try as hard as I can to find anything new to solve whatever this maybe, and if I can't, well it's all worth a try.

E115EnRaged935

So this is what I got so far:

“A Part, An Enigma, A Rotation”

15 16 43 42 (Beep)

“Wish too often and your wishing well will run” (Could possibly mean by throwing too many grenades into the fountain in the middle of the map, it may trigger something)

19382406 9:21 – (Written twice on two walls)

“When the warming world... (there is a drawing of a sun right next to it. I'm thinking it could mean (with all the numbers and times and such) that something has something to do with sunrise or morning.

“Listen, hear.”

A bloody depiction of a zombie with a cross on his head, in same room as writing on wall with a depiction of a graveyard. It just so happens that the fountain outside in the middle of the map also has a cross on top of it.

E115EnRaged935

“A Part, An Enigma, A Rotation”

4 8 15 16 43 42 (Beep)

“Wish too often and your wishing well will run” (Could possibly mean by throwing too many grenades into the fountain in the middle of the map, it may trigger something). Now, like the lighting banishes darkness phrase this could just have to do with the mystery box, BUT, there could be more to it.

19382406 9:21 – (Written twice on two walls)

“When the warming world... (there is a drawing of a sun right next to it. I'm thinking it could mean (with all the numbers and times and such) that something has something to do with sunrise or morning.

“Listen, hear.”

A bloody depiction of a zombie with a cross on his head, in same room as writing on wall with a depiction of a graveyard. It just so happens that the fountain outside in the middle of the map also has a cross on top of it.

I just found this writing on a wall – “Hve u pulled opposte”” - which most definitely means “Have you pulled opposite?”

Now “lightning banishes darkness” seems like a pretty simple phrase, in terms of it has to do with the traps, and I hardly doubt it means anything more than that - BUT – there are some very dark places on this map that you can't even see. Could this possibly mean whenever a trap is activated on a certain part of the map, those darker areas could get brighter, so as to uncover something?

There is a '4' on the stairwell on the right side of the map. But, there is also the same numeric lettering on another stairwell, which is not exciting.

“With the Warming World they had found another wish”

I may be completely off, but what I have deciphered some writings in the kitchen wall to come down to is this: “Get the girl to the boy, and then... (unknown). Or possibly “Dead girl to dead boy... (Unknown).

WELL I don't appear to be getting anywhere else here. If I find anything else, I will post on it, but for now I am just going to keep on playing, and maybe someone else can figure all of this out – if there is anything to figure out.