11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2014 12:44 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Do you steal class loadouts?

ghamorra

A few weeks ago I got my ass handed to me wrapped in nice rainbow unicorn package with a pretty bow on top by a gun running the Honey Badger with Grip and FMJ. His perk loadout was Ping, Hardline, Incog, and Scavenger (that's all I could get from the brief Killcams). At first I didn't want to believe that he was as good as he was. I came up with excuses as to why he was winning games, seemingly by himself, and walking around like he was unstoppable.

A few matches later he left and I decided to try out his class. I mixed a few things perk wise to fit my style of play and after a while when I got use to the HB (I barely used it before) I was doing very well. So good that I too had moments of pure brilliance in TDM netting 20-30 kills as an average. In fact, I was doing so well that I had to switch FMJ out for Extended Mags because I was spending more time reloading than playing the game. His class loadout seemed to specialize in medium to close range combat and even though the Honey Badger isn't a long range weapon it can still be effective at distance if you know how to use it.

• Re: Do you steal class loadouts?
          OUHATEME

Yes if I see someone handing it to me and it doesn't seem connection related I try to see how they are doing it and what they are using ,,, I've tried many loadouts because of this.... If it is so far away from my style I will go to private matches and try it out against bots until I get a feel for it and also try to figure out the counter for it.

gambit1969

I think most people do G', but not everyone will admit it, they prefer people to think its their own brilliance that came up with the idea..

ghamorra

I hated the Honey Badger, mostly out of principle rather than the gun itself. To me it's easy mode since most players use a silencer on their guns by default. Then to make an AR carry a lot SMG traits while still taking advantage of the better range and base damage. In other words, I thought of it as a "tryhard" gun. But after seeing so many people do so exceptionally well with and then to be dominated by one player who was using it I had to try it out.

I was shocked at how easy it is to control. It looks like it has a lot of recoil but so long as you stay calm and remember to let off the trigger every so often you can maintain great accuracy.

C_CHRIS11

No I don't steal load outs. I have my own set of perks and preferred attachments that I use and most of the time I stick to them.

But what I steal is weapons. I watch which weapon is mostly used and I try it out.

So the same thing happened in Ghost. Most people used the HoneyBadger so I tried it out. With my preferred perks and attachment. And like you I excelled. I managed to double my K/D ratio. It was so easy to use and it looked that it was specifically design for the Ghost maps. Middle range battles and if you know how to handle it you could do well at long ranges.

FedFifa

Hell yeah I steal loadouts. Especially, to help find out what works well on certain maps. I will even ask guys in my lobby if I see them just owning people.  Then I will create a class for it and that map. I also use to pick up random weapons to see what people use but now it is almost always the same...tracker and thermal with some other attachment. This was also fun and a quick way to tryout a gun really quick to see if you like it without being stuck with it. If you didn't like it right away you could just switch back to your original and save it for when you ran out of ammo.

jnikoley

I think it's always a good idea to try out other ideas, other than your own.  Many of the loadouts I use started out based on what sucsessful players were using in given game modes / maps.

sennalike

I used to steal load outs but that was a few CoD back, and never had much success with them. I think a lot hangs on your personal style and reaction times as to whether it will work or not.

I used the honey badger a lot when the game first came out. So much so it is still my so called 'preferred' weapon, even though I rarely use it now. That said, I've been doing operations for a few weeks now and as I tweak loadouts I often find I am being tempted to use it again. I think it's versatility, free silencer, and SMG feel make it an obvious choice on most ghost maps.  How good the HB is shouldn't surprise CoD regulars, it's often the way with the earliest to unlock weapons. It gives the casual payers something decent to play with.

nicedrewishfela

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.