21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 6:31 AM by famousaj RSS

Those damn trolls

ghamorra

What would you say your average troll ratio is. I run into one ever 2 or 3 matches. Someone who intentionally fails challenges, constantly gets knocked down, and does anything and everything they can to make the game more difficult.

• Re: Those damn trolls
          BLACKHORSE05

1:800. I only played with one guy who purposely failed challenges. But I mostly play solo or with friends.

AngryBus97

I will admit, I hate trolls too, and I never usually troll. But sometimes I just can't help joining a low level lobby and acting like a complete idiot.

I do help noobs escape but as well, I'm not that mean

Kanooke

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if it's Trolling, or is the person I'm playing with just a complete Idiot. I hate to say it, but: There are a lot of stupid people out there.

And if they are obvious Trolls, then I either leave, or just join in the fun and Troll the Troll. And not sure of my ratio, maybe 1 in 8.

NerdNurse

WWhenever I find good players I ask to add them to my list, today I have over 20+ great fun extinction players.... Often at least 12 are online at any given time! with that I no longer get trolls, plus even if we start with only 2 or 3 of us in a lobby, we wait to pick the right person....

Frenchy_68

I played over 1000 games and I don't think that I encountered more than maybe 6 true trolls that intentionally wanted to ruin our game.  I do however see many players that are just not good; they ruin the game because they panic.  I don't believe that they intentionally want to fail the challenge.

If you're getting more than your share of trolls; is it possible that you are calling them out on every error they make and they're just doing worse out of spite?

ghamorra

Intentionally failing challenges, picking up the drill so it can't be placed, or running around getting yourself knocked down gets you labeled as a troll in my book. The accuracy challenge and knife only challenges are always at the beginning of the game and there's always someone who thinks it's cool to fail those two challenges.

Frenchy_68

Holding on to the drill is definitely a troll but I don't think that these players are purposely failing the melee and accuracy challenges.  They are very annoying and I will back out but I don't think that they are trolls, rather that they are not cut out for this game.

ghamorra

I always announce the challenge as soon as I see it. I know they can hear me. I can understand shooting if you're backed into a corner and get out or firing a few rounds to get the initial accuracy to where it needs to be. But to play the entire round shooting and dropping accuracy to <10% is intentional. While there is a grey area between stupidity and trolling, I think trolls have ways of clearly dividing themselves.

spacemonkeynl

It's really annoying when they keep holding the drill and there's nothing you can do. The same at the end of PoC when you help people escape for the first time, but someone thinks it's funny to keep running around instead of stepping in the circle.

I've also noticed people throwing ammo or armour outside of the levels. And new players who try to pick it up anyways and die at places where you can fall of the map.

famousaj

I've had accuracy challenges in the cabin area...its. not. fun.

Shadowelite555

Not too many trolls I have encountered. Though I've met many very inexperienced players who dont know the word teamwork.

PANDORA SIREN

It's hard because it's random. My guess would be 1:8. There's always that one person who loves to search those corners in Awakening then drop when they activate the Mammoths.

I remember playing awakening after first barrier one idiot went to get all the mammoths rhinos etc. We all died.. He was like 12-14 years old he did it because somebody else took ark's in first area

IWANTheANSWERS

Also i hate it when you do the POC run back and a guy/woman thinks it's funny to not jump into the circle to board the heli and make everyone die or get a bronze medal by boarding it with like 10s to go.It's so annoying also i hate it when people don't do the challenges like easy ones especially.

Video-Game-Hero

I only troll when I grow an genuine dislike for the people im playing with, my favourites, throwing armour and ammo off the map. and of course.. on PoC, destroy the last hive, then go to the nuke arming area, then put a movie on.. come back after the movie and everyone is gone, complete by yourself

Stinky666

Throwing ammo and armour off the map is pointless, even for trolling, since you don't get it yourself.

Zombie-Hell-Fire

Actually the player does get it. If they throw it just outside where it can land or somewhere inside the map where the player can't get to.

Stinky666

Ah right ok, I don't troll people so don't through outside of the map. The only times I have has been accidental (usually with friends), or throwing a bit too hard/high/far on Awakening.

The way I usually troll, when I do, and it's my friends (people who can have a laugh) is doing stuff like throwing armour/ammo next to guns (any gun, good or bad) and the firetraps etc lol.

RHINOSLAYER

Video-Game-Hero wrote:

I only troll when I grow an genuine dislike for the people im playing with, my favourites, throwing armour and ammo off the map. and of course.. on PoC, destroy the last hive, then go to the nuke arming area, then put a movie on.. come back after the movie and everyone is gone, complete by yourself

I had someone do that to me and crew. Posing as a noob (0 escapes) and red clan tag. If someone was being mean or insulting, then maybe i could understand. We never did/said anything in the wrong. Cant see how someone can enjoy doing  that to people. Huge waste of their time also. I think a lot of people(playing for first time) dont have their tv turned up loud enough to hear us shouting (Dont shoot!). I can remember playing several games before noticing the challenge on the screen. I have seen noob players fail early challenges and finally catch on and start trying to complete them all. Helping noobs escape definitely takes patience, aggravating enough without trolls wasting our time. Usually helps if they have a mic, unless they are too shy to talk, lol. only been trolled 4 times on ps4 out of 1098 games played.