I just watched it as well and I am left thinking it looks like a great movie but what elements are going to be put into mp? The exo-skeleton, super jump was kind of meh. But the walking tank/personal carrier? I am not sure about. I have pre-ordered and I will play it and probably be the only game I'll play but it is going to take some getting used to.
Going to comment further after watching the reveal (Been in Hawaii for a week, out of touch!)...
But to the ESports aspect, I agree they are marketing this incorrectly.
I am all for ESports growing, more power to those who enjoy it. But, not at the expense of the overall community.
I think it would be far more effective for PR to push MP and it's accessibility to the entire community. Show us the innovations, show us what to expect. Don't have to reveal all, but give us the basics and get us ALL hyped up. Once that has been accomplished, THEN announce ESports and how it will play with that small percentage of the community.
- Graphical visuals and detail to environments were nice
- The atmosphere felt believable
- Drones were everywhere and things felt hectic
- Weapons have ammo indicators built in
- Assault Rifle appears to shoot normal bullets
- Shotgun had a sonic blowback effect
- Laser Rifle is a thing
- Drone Riot Shield automatically raises and lowers top of shield based on if you are firing
- Thruster jump can be used both horizontally and vertically
- Variable tactical grenade: Flash, EMP, Threat (Wallhack Thermal)
- Variable frag greande: Frag, Contact (Semtex?), Smart (Auto-Tracking)
- Pre order bonus grants early access to EM1 Quantum Weapon and Custom Exoskeleton
Overall I liked what I saw. I am a little worried how these elements will translate to multiplayer. There's a lot to take in.
Agreed, it does look very impressive, but how will it play and feel? We just have to wait and continue to talk about it until we can get our hands on it.
Mac brings up some great points: Whether or not too much futuristic is taking away from the original COD feel. Hard to say, but this game appears to break that (clearly).
How far fetched is this stuff? Though its a game, this stuff looks almost possible in the future with enough money.
How this will go into MP this is where we all get sensitive. Do we want liberty to move (as they do) or do we want the same mechanics from before?