11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2014 11:52 PM by the1andonlyIKY RSS

Game play on Wii-U

Dream1up

How is the Ghosts game play on the Wii-U? Likes/dislikes? Also, if you have played Ghosts on any other console how would you compare them?

• Re: Game play on Wii-U
          the1andonlyIKY

I, personally, love the game and love playing it on my Wii U.

But really it just matters what you're in it for and/or can handle. We don't have a lot of players. We do have extra features and control options. So how do you like to play?

like2nap03

The only difference as far as the actual game is the lack of groundwar.  Which in my opinion is not missed.  The games are the same.  With only minor differences. 

The Wii U has better sound quality than the other consoles in the surround sound department.  It has slightly, but noticeably better graphics than the PS/360.  You can use multiple controllers.  I use the wii remote and nunchuck.  Don't see how/why anyone would want to use anything else.  You can use a pro controller (think Xbox 360 controller).  You can use the gamepad which shows the map and your killstreaks on the pad and they can be activated that way with the touch of a button. 

It has dual screen gaming.  One person can use the TV while the other uses the gamepad meaning you both have a full screen.

Or if family members want to watch the TV you can play just on the pad.  Even with a wii remote.

As far as gameplay goes TDM, DOM, and Search are the only viable options due to player count (well you can play extinction which is fun by the way) and their availability depends on the time of day. 

Other than that the games are the same. 

Based on the control options and unique features I would say it's the best version of the retail game.  We missed out on some balancing patches, but they barely balanced anything and were really quite pointless. 

the1andonlyIKY

like2nap03 wrote:

The only difference as far as the actual game is the lack of groundwar.  Which in my opinion is not missed.  The games are the same.  With only minor differences.

The Wii U has better sound quality than the other consoles in the surround sound department.  It has slightly, but noticeably better graphics than the PS/360.  You can use multiple controllers.  I use the wii remote and nunchuck.  Don't see how/why anyone would want to use anything else.  You can use a pro controller (think Xbox 360 controller).  You can use the gamepad which shows the map and your killstreaks on the pad and they can be activated that way with the touch of a button. 

It has dual screen gaming.  One person can use the TV while the other uses the gamepad meaning you both have a full screen.

Or if family members want to watch the TV you can play just on the pad.  Even with a wii remote.

As far as gameplay goes TDM, DOM, and Search are the only viable options due to player count (well you can play extinction which is fun by the way) and their availability depends on the time of day.

Other than that the games are the same.

Based on the control options and unique features I would say it's the best version of the retail game.  We missed out on some balancing patches, but they barely balanced anything and were really quite pointless.

Bold section. I know it's how you feel, but you shoulda left that out. Besides that, I know you and probably most other Wiimoters have friends that don't use it. Do you look down upon me cuz I don't [normally] use it? No. Players are players, fellow friends, foes, and competitors. With our community/player count situation, we should especially not complain about who uses what, as long as it's balanced on equal ground, which it pretty much is minus a few issues.

And if you really think that you have it so much more difficult, and you're good at it, then [humbly] take pride in being more skilled at what you're doing than I am. But that's between you, your thoughts, and your feelings, not me.

the1andonlyIKY

Sorry if you didn't actually mean it in a bad way bud, I just saw how it could be taken negatively...and ended up ranting a lil XP

like2nap03

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

Bold section. I know it's how you feel, but you shoulda left that out. Besides that, I know you and probably most other Wiimoters have friends that don't use it. Do you look down upon me cuz I don't [normally] use it? No. Players are players, fellow friends, foes, and competitors. With our community/player count situation, we should especially not complain about who uses what, as long as it's balanced on equal ground, which it pretty much is minus a few issues.

And if you really think that you have it so much more difficult, and you're good at it, then [humbly] take pride in being more skilled at what you're doing than I am. But that's between you, your thoughts, and your feelings, not me.

Actually y'all are not my friends.  You are minions that worship the power the wii remote generates when in my hands. 

Ok seriously.  You sound like my wife nagging me for being insensitive to her needs.

Ok now I'm seriously being serious.

That was not a complaint.  Nor was it a boast of my skill. When I did I mention anything about how difficult it was? I didn't clarify, but it was about the more immersive experience it creates.  I like pointing, aiming, and pulling a trigger.  I find that more enjoyable and fun than using the sticks.  The controllers are balanced fine and I gave him all options.  Maybe I should have specified.  Maybe you shouldn't make assumptions.  Maybe both. 

You don't have to apologize.  You'll never hurt my feeling.  (not a typo.  I only have one. )

@OP.  Make sure you read this part. 

By the way are you playing tonight IKY?  I'm torn between this, Mario Kart Grand Prix (gotta unlock some stuff), and Twilight Princess.  I'm leaning toward Twilight Princess, but I might hop on if you are there.

Maybe we can get a good party going again.  You ever play during the day?  Lag is much better around noon CST with the higher player count.  Also my nephew wants to race you again because you're really fast and better than his uncle....

the1andonlyIKY

No sorry. I was gone to Winstock Country Music Festival. Just got home. We left over cuz it was just stormy and miserable. I'm very sunburned XP

But yeah course. We can party on CoD or MK8. That's funny, but I'd enjoy playing with him again. See if he tries to talk into your speakers again XD

the1andonlyIKY

Oh, and as far as the thought of enhancing the experience, I totally agree. Especially if you go hardcore and use the Wii Zapper

like2nap03

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

Oh, and as far as the thought of enhancing the experience, I totally agree. Especially if you go hardcore and use the Wii Zapper

Never got the zapper.  Was tempted, but when I read the control setup it turned me off.  A lot of twisting to accomplish certain functions.  I have the Nyko perfect shot or something like that.  It's a handgun.  the wii remote sits in it and is the barrel of the gun.  It's even lined up so that aiming down the sights, like a real gun, actually works, but I never tried it in COD.  Works great for "lightgun" shooters though like House of the Dead Overkill though.  Huh.  Maybe I'll try it out just for kicks.  Does Ghosts support the zapper? 

He'll be yelling into the speakers at his house next time. 

the1andonlyIKY

I've never had or used the zapper. I always thought it was a large hunk of plastic shaped like a rifle that you stick the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo into. I know WoopsWii had told me on BO2 that he used that for his motion controls setup, and thought that's how most people did it haha.

Dream1up

Nice! From the sounds of the Wii-U it seems cool. It is just slacking a bit in terms of online players. I had the PS4, and now I have the X1. I never had the chance to play the Wii-U yet. However, I did  enjoy paying the original Wii. Lawlz!

Wiimote tv smash on Make A Gif

make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
                                like2nap03

If you got a Wii U then you've got a lot of great games to choose from besides this.  Some of them are on the other consoles, but the gamepad enhances the experience and makes them better.  Darksiders 2 and Splinter Cell Blacklist are good examples.  Batman Arkham City is another.  And of course the Nintendo exclusives if that's your thing.  Those are always great.  I'm not so much a fan of the Mario characters for example, but the Mario games are always great games.  Super Mario 3D world is awesome as well as Mario Kart. 

like2nap03

I can't say there's really anything I dislike.  Nothing important at least. A couple things get on my nerves, but if I get into that it's just my opinion and I'm just being really picky.