4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 6:45 PM by SavageHam RSS

Why i'm banned for the VAC system??

Adriannp

I am banned by the VAC system, I do not understand because when I've done absolutely nothing to please answer me asap. Thank you.

• Re: Why i'm banned for the VAC system??

Adriannp wrote:

I am banned by the VAC system, I do not understand because when I've done absolutely nothing to please answer me asap. Thank you.

If you didn't do anything contact support, VAC doesn't just random ban tho. 

Ice_Blue

Draden is right. VAC doesn't just ban gamers. There are a lot of possibilities that arise when that question pops up. 1 of the bizzare things I've experienced is my account was used for boosting someone that i do not know. Apparently, a hacker got a hold of my password (because it's really easy to figure out) and used my account. When I got back, the account was banned. Another thing is a hack lobby. Lobbies like these modify things on your account which can be detected as cheating. Abusing a glitch is another thing.

What I would suggest is that you stay away from those lobbies immediately when you noticed that there's something odd and of course, tighten your account's security.

nuttin2say

What Ice_Blue says about backing out of oddball lobbies is far more powerful than people realize (Draden's response is accurate as well, but Ice's is more thorough). There's a myth out there that things you do on the internet are anonymous. True, the government may not nor has a need to know what you do in a video game. However, what you do in that video game is very important to the producers of that video game. When you pass through the game's servers, you leave behind a history of everything you do in that game - including whether or not you have a history of attempting to avoid such lobbies. If you don't have a history of leaving such lobbies, then you're part of the problem, not a hapless victim.

Lady_Bathory

How exactly can you spot a hacked lobby? Im not sure of the signs. I was in a hacked game on WaW and from lots of youtube vids i figured out it was hacked with all the brightly colored words all across my screen, but I have not seen anything like that in BO2, and would like to know how to spot them.

Thanks.

SavageHam

Hello,

The Support Team does not have any influence over VAC bans, regardless, Bans are not a topic for discussion as it is against the Forums Community Forum Guidelines & Etiquette. As such I will be locking this thread.

Thanks,
                  ^AJ