19 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 8:39 AM by ghamorra RSS

Support Questions > Since its unavoidable

Sorry Everyone,

But how or what has happened with this system in forum numbers I am now official fracking confused this is what I see as of now:

1- I have 34,687 points.

2- I am level 38

3- I am number 9 in ranking (recent passed by a green frog only after two weeks) I have been posting for almost 3 years. 

I post allot, and I try to help many, though my numbers seem high they are (I believe) midway to what?

Gosh what happened to simplicity: Post counts + years of talking

When I visit the support section, I answer questions, but its all so pressured to say the correct things, can anyone solve my failing support know how and point leveling thingy magigy

< theres free points if you do >

cartoon animated GIF

Latest reply: on Jun 16, 2014 8:39 AM by Replies: 19 in GHOSTS SUPPORT
      Izjar11
        • Test #1
          Re: Support Questions > Since its unavoidable

Season 1 is almost over and Gypsy from the support team has said that they are working on more options to score points outside of the support section in season 2.

The main problem in the support section right now is that to many people don't bother ever marking their questions regardless of how many people answer them..

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 7:45 AM
          • Test #1

I was surprised this morning to see some of the names that I am close to in the ranks. I imagine that it is some kind of bugs that are yet to be worked out with the new setup. Anyway, how important are the points versus your reputation amongst the forum regulars? If the points were all reset the locals would still look at the user name and know who you are and where you are coming from. In my opinion no worries about the points.

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 7:53 AM
              • Test #1

huntingnoluck wrote:

I was surprised this morning to see some of the names that I am close to in the ranks. I imagine that it is some kind of bugs that are yet to be worked out with the new setup. Anyway, how important are the points versus your reputation amongst the forum regulars? If the points were all reset the locals would still look at the user name and know who you are and where you are coming from. In my opinion no worries about the points.

No worried, confused...haha

As a regular I like to stay informed but things are happening and changing and I feel old......

Its like im running on an old version of windows

tech animated GIF

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 7:58 AM
              • Test #1

Izjar11 wrote:

Gosh what happened to simplicity: Post counts + years of talking

That is something you only find on proper gaming forums this is a support hub

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 7:55 AM
                • Test #1

I have kind of given up on chasing any points. It used to be fun and it was easier when I was on my winter schedule. Everyone knows who the good guys (and gals) are. That's enough for me.☆《》☆

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 7:58 AM
                    • Test #1

cranium2001 wrote:

I have kind of given up on chasing any points. It used to be fun and it was easier when I was on my winter schedule. Everyone knows who the good guys (and gals) are. That's enough for me.☆《》☆

I post almost entirely in gifs now a days so my response to you is how I feel when I enter the support section

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 8:00 AM
                    • Test #1

Like cranium I have also given up on trying to gain points. I started coming here for the community, laughs and sharing cod experience, and that is what I am still looking for. Plus who knows when the forum (mods or who ever) decide to make some sweeping changes and drop the moab that resets everyone.

PS I have never been to or used reddit. What can people tell me about it? It has been mentioned that Sledgehammer is using that forum instead of these forums, is it worth checking out?

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 8:07 AM
                      • Test #1

Green is an activision account they used to test things if you look at it's rep no points have been earned because they were all given. All it's activity is blog posts for activision as well.

Running a post count + years is great, as long as you don't force half the community to make new accounts.

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 11:28 AM
                        • Test #1

The point system is absolutely terrible. It's broken, and terribly inaccurate. So many have boosted intentionally and unintentionally. If one wanted to they could spam/basement dwell in the support section for a week and have the same points as someone who's been actively contributing to the these "forums" for years. Silly. It's been said for a while that this system is bad, but they don't listen. They just put out new fake carrots for people to chase, and they blindly chase. instead of fixing the issue they know it's easier to just dangle something in from of the masses to divert their attention. Luckily a few more are starting to catch on. This place is only as good as we make it, right?

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 4:11 PM
                            • Test #1

gotsomestars wrote:

The point system is absolutely terrible. It's broken, and terribly inaccurate. So many have boosted intentionally and unintentionally. If one wanted to they could spam/basement dwell in the support section for a week and have the same points as someone who's been actively contributing to the these "forums" for years. Silly. It's been said for a while that this system is bad, but they don't listen. They just put out new fake carrots for people to chase, and they blindly chase. instead of fixing the issue they know it's easier to just dangle something in from of the masses to divert their attention. Luckily a few more are starting to catch on. This place is only as good as we make it, right?

Ya know I used to spend a good portion of my day on the support forums, helping peeps with issues (long before Cs decided to reappear ) as did a few others, ever since boostergate i haven't bothered mostly as i refuse to do someone else's job especially when that someone ruined my reputation and blatantly lied as to why i was "banned" .

But mostly as I dont want to participate in the rewards scheme so cant  answer any questions in case someone bothers to marking my answer correct and also  until such a time as that stupid needless rule about banning people from the entire forums is removed. Not worth the risk especially as you pointed out the whole system (as i proved ) is fubared.

Last Edited: Jun 12, 2014 4:32 PM
                            • Test #1

I feel like all my effort on this forum was out done by those who came by and spammed the Support threads. They help there was completely necessary and useful but like you I probably post more than most anyone else and I have very little to show for it. I'd like to see forum users who participate in parts other than the Support forum to be recognized for their efforts.

Last Edited: Jun 16, 2014 7:33 AM