13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2014 11:58 AM by BanHaMMer RSS

Ghosts is becoming unstable on Playstation

ghamorra

I've noticed as time has passed that the Playstation, particularly the PS4, is becoming unstable and prone to complete freezes and massive frame rate issues. I'll play a game that's perfectly fine and then I'll start teleporting a few steps. It's not lag, hit detection is nearly flawless and response times are great, but shots aren't registering on the opposing side. I'll get hit with what I think is a shotgun or sniper but killcam shows the guy was using a suppressed SMG and shot me upwards of 6 times. Again, not lag, just massive frame rate issues. I get kicked out more lobbies than I care for, menu lag is increasing, and trying to join a friend's party is about as impossible as it gets.

I have to start a party chat through the XMB and join via Sony's party chat. If I want to see who's online and playing Ghosts I check Sony's friends list rather than the in-game list because the in-game list doesn't update for more than 20 minutes after the match has ended. Sony's list is only a minute or so behind.

To add to this is my concern about the freezing issues. It doesn't lock down my console, just the game. I can hold the PS button and bring up the menu and do all of that but the game I can't do anything with. This indicates to me it's a software issue and I haven't had a single issue since I bought my PS4 and played Ghosts. This has all happened over the last month. The frame rate issues are new too and I know I'm not the only one experiencing this because I was informed about a news article about Ghosts port onto the PS4 having some issues with frame rate.

• Re: Ghosts is becoming unstable on Playstation
          gambit1969

I have been having the freezing issue for a while, i put it down to total connection drop out due to being partied up with you and the other clan guys in the States.

The frame rate drop comes and goes, i can have it in multiple games in a row and then see it again for an hour.

I have started to see the friends issue lately, XMB says one thing, game tells another story

huntingnoluck

I have had it freeze as well and only have to hit the ps button and close application. The frame rate seems to come and go as Gambit said. This never happened to me before the last update, not once and I have been playing since ps4 launch.

PUR4IDO

I don't have that problem, but then again I don't have any DLC dl on the PS4. Frame rate drops happen all the time, even walking around the map.

I do get those problems on the XB1 version, which has the DLC. I get booted to the dash board a few times a day. Everything runs of the HDD now, so I'm guessing it can be a problem with that.

I replaced the factory HDD on my PS4 with an aftermarket one and the hdd that comes w the console is pretty cheap.

gramthenOOb

I have since gone back to the PS3. I'll probably play the remainder of my Ghosts games on the system, at least until I see and can verify that the FR drops are fixed.

BobbyMcGee

ghamorra wrote:

I've noticed as time has passed that the Playstation, particularly the PS4, is becoming unstable and prone to complete freezes and massive frame rate issues. I'll play a game that's perfectly fine and then I'll start teleporting a few steps. It's not lag, hit detection is nearly flawless and response times are great, but shots aren't registering on the opposing side. I'll get hit with what I think is a shotgun or sniper but killcam shows the guy was using a suppressed SMG and shot me upwards of 6 times. Again, not lag, just massive frame rate issues. I get kicked out more lobbies than I care for, menu lag is increasing, and trying to join a friend's party is about as impossible as it gets.

I have to start a party chat through the XMB and join via Sony's party chat. If I want to see who's online and playing Ghosts I check Sony's friends list rather than the in-game list because the in-game list doesn't update for more than 20 minutes after the match has ended. Sony's list is only a minute or so behind.

To add to this is my concern about the freezing issues. It doesn't lock down my console, just the game. I can hold the PS button and bring up the menu and do all of that but the game I can't do anything with. This indicates to me it's a software issue and I haven't had a single issue since I bought my PS4 and played Ghosts. This has all happened over the last month. The frame rate issues are new too and I know I'm not the only one experiencing this because I was informed about a news article about Ghosts port onto the PS4 having some issues with frame rate.

i find this post funny since a while back myself and others were experiencing issues on wiiu, i believe it was blops2 or launch of ghosts, and your advice was to play on a real console, or something along those lines.

jnikoley

Been seeing problems with PSN friends being out of sync with the in game friends lists since May Ghosts Title Update, and coinciding with PS4 software 1.70 release.

Frame drops and freezes are usually the cause of online latency, at least that's the case for me.  Most of the time, my game runs silky smooth, but in laggy games (the really bad ones), I do get frame drops.  Other frame rate issues, like "overclocking", were likely addressed and fixed without any official acknowledgement.   I believe the frame drops/latency will likely get worse as the online matchmaking pool diminishes and is fractured into smaller groups with additional DLCs.  I did notice an increase in lag, and frame drops since the last (June 5) title update, as well as an increase in time spent in lobbies waiting for matches.  I have been informing Activision via twitter of some of these issues, and they seem responsive, but I have little hope that sony would ever reply or acknowledge issues or problems on their end.  I've had my posts on PS support forums deleted more than once when asking about such things.

Im_Old_School

I had the first instance last night where I was completely disconnected from PSN during a game in Ghosts.  I wasn't sent back to the PSN screen but was sent back to the Ghosts Main Menu and when I hit Play Online I had to sign back in.  That may be something that others have had experience with but it was the first time mine had done it so I thought it was odd.  Something about my sign in ID being wrong or something.  Signed back in and played for a couple hours with no troubles so... 

I have also had several instances over the last couple of weeks where enemies will run right by me out in the open as if they don't even see me.  That's always fun to hear footstep and turn around and watch a guy literally run by right next to and never even look.  It kinda weirds me out.

Dream1up

I originally bought the PS4 on day one. However, I quickly switched out for X1, because the various problems such as your describing here. Haven't had any of those issues on the X1 since.

SavageHam

Hello,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^AJ