25 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2014 8:55 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

What game modes would you like to have ?

Raketti

There is always some discussion about including certain modes, some want more variety in Hard Core, others miss certain modes that were introduced in the past, or dislike some new idea. If there already was a thread about this i'm sorry, but at least at first glance i couldn't find one.

I have my favorites and some that i would like to return, but i also realize they might not be popular enough for them to earn a spot, and in order to keep each playlist as populated as possible it would probably be better to severely limit the amount of game modes from what we have now. We have 19 playlists in Ghosts right now (i'm not sure if there's even more if you have any DLC maps because haven't bought them), which quite frankly is too much in my opinion.

Then you divide the population even further by to the different groups that own different map packs, and some might struggle to find games. I don't have any problems in finding a lobby, but often enough you hear people complaining about it. They might have issues with their connection which causes it, or they simple live in an area that has very low player population and to make things even more difficult they perhaps are trying to play a less popular mode.

In my opinion, we could have the following playlists:

1. TDM. It is the most popular mode in any CoD game so it's self explanatory.

2. FFA. Maybe not the most popular one but i think an FPS game needs a mode where it's every man for himself.

3. Domination. Another popular mode in any CoD game, i don't play it that much but many others do.

4. Hardcore TDM

5. Hardcore Domination. I know some will disagree with me here (especially the HC players), but hardcore is simply not popular enough for it to have several different modes for it.

5. Kill Confirmed. This mode has been relatively popular since it was introduced so it might still be worth having it's own playlist.

6. Search & Destroy. It seems to be fairly popular from title to tile, i don't like it one bit but many do.

7. Objective Moshpit. Instead of diving people who like playing different objective modes into sometimes really small groups, why not have them in one playlist. Some might not get their favorite mode voted in every time, or it might be completely missing, but as far as matchmaking is concerned you simply cannot please everybody. We could have modes like S&R, Head Quarters, Hardpoint, War, Reinforced, Blitz and CTF rotating in this playlist.

If it were up to me, i would also have a mercenary moshpit, but remove it if the number of people playing is really low compared to other playlists.

What do you guys think ?

• Re: What game modes would you like to have ?
          JGPLOSEQ
          • TDM
          • Free For All
          • Assault Moshpit ( Domination + Demolition)
          • Search n Destroy
          • Moshpit 1 ( With the modes I mentioned Above)
          • Moshpit 2 ( Sabotage , Team Defender , Capture the flage, HQ, Blitz, S&R, Hardpoint, Kill Confirmed)

+ All these in Hardcore Playlists

+ All these in Mercenary Playlists

+ All these in Cross-Platform Playlists

Raketti

Totally forgot about Demolition, i would include in the objective moshpit in my suggestion.

Cross-platform play would help in increasing the numbers for each mode, and there are games that do it, but i'm not sure if it would be a possibility since the game will be played on so many different platforms and each console requires it's own version.

I think a single mercenary playlist would be sufficient, just rotate the game modes and have the players vote for what they want, and i still think hardcore isn't popular enough to have several separate playlists under it but obviously you are entitled to your opinion.

Izjar11

the obvious:

1. tdm (core and hc)
              2. Dom (core and hc)
              3. Kill confirmed (core and hc)
              4. I use to play demolition (wouldn't mind it back)
              5. A multi-team version that existed in BO2
              6. FFA  - Ground war size
              7. A mercenary exclusive version of games.

I would say this as well, the game should attempt to party players with like size groups, lets say your in a party of 3 the game should (attempt) to pair you with similar size pairings to balance the team vs randoms complains.

Raketti

Izjar11 wrote:

FFA  - Ground war size

No that sounds interesting, 18 players killing each other, but spawns need a lot of attention and the maps should be medium to large for this (which is fine by me).

I would say this as well, the game should attempt to party players with like size groups, lets say your in a party of 3 the game should (attempt) to pair you with similar size pairings to balance the team vs randoms complains.

That's one way to go, but i think we would need more players on the next gen consoles to have this, and connection should still always be the number one priority in matchmaking. In my opinion an overall reduction in the game modes and bringing back a mercenary moshpit would be a better option.

DemonOfScremin

wish they would make a 3rd person mode

ghamorra

I've wanted a combination gamemode like CTF/DEMO hybrid scored much like Quiditch where flag caps are 5 points and bombsites are worth 20.

DOM and Dropzone where 'B' gets random carepackage drops.

TDM and KC where kills are worth 1 point and 2 points for tags, played to 200.

JGPLOSEQ

I don't agree that In TDM/KC Hybrid kills are worth 1 point and tags 2. Better make it 1 for kill ,1 for Tag.

I would also like a Marksman mode for the party play modes (stick and stones etc) .Where each headshot will count as 2points / kills 0 and the team what reaches 74 points first wins.

thebiindsniper

I always thought the playlist selection should be smaller, yet fit more gametypes into one playlist.  That way, the population is more condensed, allowing better connections overall.  Some popular game modes will be on their own.  Less popular modes will be merged.

1. Deathmatch (featuring TDM, VIP, and Death Buzz)
                        2. Kill Confirmed
                        3. Domination
                        4. *EDIT*  Solo Playlist (featuring FFA, Hardpoint, Defender, and more).
                        5. Territories (featuring Blitz, HQ, and Hardpoint/Drop Zone)
                        6. Flags (featuring CTF, Defender, and 1 flag CTF)
                        7. Search (featuring S&D, S&R, VIP, and Reinforce)
                        8. Party Playlist (featuring Gun Game, One in the Chamber, Sticks and Stones) *Unranked
                        9. Infected (featuring normal Infected and a possible round-based Michael Myers mode) *Unranked
                        10. Clan vs Clan (only available during clan wars)

In addition, the following is removed or will not be available for the sake of better connections.

• Hardcore - I know people will bash on me for having HC removed, but if you think about it, it's a very small population that supports it.  In addition, core in Ghosts feels a lot like Hardcore in terms of overall damage dealt, only without reflective damage and respawn timers.  I'm pretty sure AW will be the same in terms of damage dealt.
                        • Ground War - If my idea for adaptable maps is in place, the number of people that are present in the lobby won't matter anymore.  A pre-game lobby will be given a limited time to search for players.  If a game takes a long time to assemble only 8 people, then the lobby will be capped at 8.  Depending on the size of the gathered lobby, the map will either be unrestricted at 100% of its size, or restricted to 75% or 50% based on the number of players.
                        • Team Tactical (same applied with ground war)
                        • Combat Training (mode should be kept offline)

Last note:  Defender is a game type where holding a flag grants the team points over time.  There can be 1 neutral flag, or 3 neutral flags present.  Think Domination, only with flags that move around.  Grab as many as possible!

~RUGGED SAVIOR

iivrruummii

thebiindsniper wrote:

Edited:Vrruumm

Playlists are Ranked based off of an averaging ranking system that bases your rank off of the players in the lobby and calculates expectation to win or lose, and top or bottom 3 and adjusts your rank for the playlist and overall rank accordingly.  Searching will not search for close ranked players but if you want to rank up higher then you would need to.

1. Deathmatch (featuring TDM, VIP, Kill Confirmed, and Death Buzz)
                            2. Territories (featuring Domination, HQ, and Hardpoint)
                            3. Flags (featuring CTF, Defender(Oddball), Blitz, and 1 flag CTF)
                            4. Search (featuring S&D, S&R, and VIP)
                            5. Party Playlist (featuring Gun Game, One in the Chamber, Sticks and Stones, Unranked)
                            6. Infected (featuring normal Infected and a possible round-based Michael Myers mode, Unranked)
                            7. Clan vs Clan (Parties of 4 only)
                            8. Small Team-2-3 player teams, most gamemodes, and most maps.
                            9. Hardcore-Includes all gamemodes
                            10. Social Deathmatch(includes all TDM based gamemodes, Unranked)

10 gamemodes, 7 Ranked, 3 Unranked. Connection based searching.  Ranking based off of the average of the players in the lobby.

biron_w

I totally disagree about HC. A lot of people play just that. In BO2 HC KC regularly had more players than Core.

Adding HC doesn't split up players. Some people play just HC and some just Core. What splits up players is adding too many game modes for either Core or HC. At peak times HC usually has maybe a third of the players that Core does but that still equals around 40,000. That's hardly a small number.

You only need a few modes as the modes that have the most numbers are ALWAYS TDM, Dom, KC, S&D and FFA. So just put Core and HC versions of those plus a few party games.

MattGoesHam321

Don't have objective moshpit.  People like me would back out until they get the game mode they want.  I pretty sure they will bring back the game modes that we wanted in the first place like demotion, CTF, HQ.  If they don't add demolition I won't buy it.  If they want to add garbage game modes like ghosts did they should still have the fun core modes.   Also, bring back the tac insert. 

Raketti

MattGoesHam321 wrote:

Don't have objective moshpit.  People like me would back out until they get the game mode they want.  I pretty sure they will bring back the game modes that we wanted in the first place like demotion, CTF, HQ.  If they don't add demolition I won't buy it.  If they want to add garbage game modes like ghosts did they should still have the fun core modes.   Also, bring back the tac insert.

There's always people who back out if their favorite map or mode does not get voted in, but overall objective modes would benefit from this since the population would be more or less under a single playlist and give the matchmaking better chances of finding everybody a playable connection.

I wouldn't mind demolition, but bringing back the tac insert is not a good idea, people abuse the **** out of it. Most people who use it either spawn kill in modes like demo, or they boost.

Also the quickscopers / trickshotters seem to love the tac inserts, and most of the time both end up hurting your team when they go 4-24 while trying land some bullshit 360 no scope or get a feed for their YT montage.

JGPLOSEQ

New mode idea :
                                  -Each player has only one life . And  a team wins a round when they defeat all the members of the oppossite team.

The first team to win 7 rounds wins .

DMCI

I quite enjoyed 'hardpoint' & 'ctf'. A return for these would be nice. Even 'sabotage' & 'demolition' would be welcome.

Foxhound-Pro

Not going to list out every game type that I would want back, but I'm going to put my vote in for two "studio oriented" gametypes.

Treyarch's Hardpoint and Infinity Ward's Reinforce.

If you haven't played the latter, then please do give it a try. Play with a team!

nicedrewishfela

The modes you listed, with the possible addition of CTF, are good enough for me.

I just want them to do HC right, and make sure HC is given equal access to all modes (except party/Niche games, keep those in their own playlists and keep things consistent)