10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2014 7:32 AM by iH8boosters RSS

TBI Survivor playing Multiplayer - Something to think about

TBISurvivor

Hello!

I must preface this with.. this is not a pity party on my part at all. Thought I would share some info with all of you. I am a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) Survivor. I was An Elite Amateur Cyclist) and I did 3 endos and landed on my head (thankfully I had a helmet on). Video games help me in my rehab with hand eye coordination and memory. I am level 55 and I suck. I play free for all. I play that one specifically cause I am by myself. Some maps I cannot see the whole thing as my peripheral vision is damaged. I get called all kinds of names and have been told to leave.. etc etc.  Ok.. yeah I suck.. and people have not a clue.. so now am explaining things. I know I am not the only one out here with the same situation as me. People send invites to me to play 6 man.. etc etc.. I never accept cause I know though I might be at level 55 but I suck. Clans? Forget it! Anyway.. just wanted to give you some info. There are those of us who suck at high levels but we continue on and play. Cause the game is important to us as part of our rehab and it is fun! No matter what we are called. Thank you for the time.

• Re: TBI Survivor playing Multiplayer - Something to think about
          TBISurvivor

The world will never cease to amaze me. If you don't want to play with me, then don't tell me you do and friend me and then 15 secs later delete me and come here and delete your replies!

TBISurvivor

Hi there.. I am not a sir..... am female

iH8boosters

Uhho I'm sorry!! I shouldn't have assumed.. Honest mistake.. One more piece of advice for you.. Try playing combat training.. It won't count against your record or anything like that, but it doesn't sound like you're too concerned with your stats.. Which is a good thing, in my opinion.. It's a game and is made to be fun.. I'm the same way.. But, if you've never played Combat Training before, It's 3 real players and 3 bots vs. 3 real players and 3 bots.. It's a mix of game modes.. I think all of them, but I honestly don't know.. The game mode is intended for players who aren't the best or are just learning the game.. Now, of course there are some real jerks that go into that mode who don't belong, and will get 100+ kills and call in all of the high streaks just to be an ass, excuse the expression.. Just back out if that happens and get into another match.. My wife and I were keeping our nephew for a week and he wanted to play it.. He's a 14 year old kid who loves to be outside, so he's never really played a game before.. Much like me since this is the 1st one I've ever played.. But he played and was getting the messages from teammates bc he wasn't really good.. Actually he was bad lol.. Reallllllly bad.. But he was having fun.. So I backed him out of a lobby after the game ended and put him into combat training.. He loved it.. He was learning how to really play and get better.. Now he ran into some real jerks who were doing what I described above, but eventually he was back in a good match.. Sorry for the long winded response.. Just thought it may could help.. And, again, my apologies for the "sir" comment lol

TBISurvivor

Not a problem at all for calling me sir. You did not know and I am not offended. I was wondering about combat training cause I have played it several times. The ones I got hooked up with were very good. I will try again though thank you! Stats? Nope really don't care about them. I'm just for playing the game. I really do thank you for taking the time to help me and the detail you have given. I will just play on and having my own fun with the game!

ClanOConnor

Are you on xbox or ps3? I am not that great either lol but I try to play to have fun. If you are on 360 shoot me a friend request. I usually play team games (people don't seem to care as much that i suck lol) or at least they are too busy quick scoping to notice haha. Another good piece of advice (and my personal favorite) I always mute everyone except my party. That way they can trash talk all they want and it won't bother me because I don't even hear it, haha. I play to have fun not to cheat and dominate like the people that get super mad at you. Its a game, not real life haha. Anyway, don't take it to heart... mute is your best friend and anyone on your friends list shouldn't yell at you anyway. If they do, they aren't worth your time... just delete them lol.

Anyway my gamer tag is Clan OConnor. Sometimes my son plays on my account but he isn't rude either. Have fun and enjoy!

iH8boosters

Yes mam no problem at all.. I'm happy to help.. The way I see it, as you said, it's a game.. Games are meant to be fun.. Of course, winning is more fun.. But if you're THAT concerned with winning, go play League Play.. That's what it's there for.. Just like Combat Training is meant for those who are still learning the game, or may not be up to the skill level they need.. There's nothing at all wrong with being a "bad" player.. I was one of those, and still am from time to time lol, when I first started playing the game.. This (BO2) was the first game I ever played.. Period.. Had never played one before.. Sure I played Sonic The Hedgehog on Sega when I was little, but had never touched an X Box before.. I had back-to-back reconstructive knee surgeries while playing baseball in college, so my wife got me an Xbox to kind of pass the time.. I started playing this game and was just awful lol.. Had NO CLUE what to do.. I played Core TDM because that's the first thing that popped up on the screen.. I finally began to figure it out.. I would spectate the higher score players in the lobby before I jumped in, and kind of tried to do what they did.. Once I started figuring out the best class set ups for ME, I started doing better and better.. I watch some of the youtube videos from time to time to see something I may have a question about, and I always notice the same thing about them.. The players are always upright in a chair.. Well, when I play, I'm reclined.. I have to be because of my knee.. I can't really be as consistent as I would like to be because of that, but it's ok with me..

So I guess the advice I wanted to give from my rambling on, lol, is to make yourself comfortable.. And that's all the way around.. From class set up, to the was you sit or hold the controller, or muting other players, maybe playing music while you play.. Just things like that.. If you have questions about perks or attachments or what weapon when, just ask.. I've learned a lot from playing and listening..