32 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2014 12:46 PM by _Guest_ RSS

Exo-Skeleton Confirmed in MP, Community Communication...

nicedrewishfela

So, recently subscribed to Drift0r (late to the party I know), but found that I do enjoy his commentary and analysis.

He posted this video recently, confirming what many of us had assumed that the Exo-Skeleton will, in fact, be integrated into MP, though he didn't elaborate on how.

Apparently Michael Condrey (One of Sledgehammer's studio heads) called him directly while he was at e3 and had this conversation with Drift0r about MP, though he didn't reveal a lot of info (at least that was released in the video).

A couple of things- Please feel free to comment about Exos in this game and you think they will be or should be used. Some great discussions out there already on this topic so not trying to steal anyone's thunder.

But my bigger concern: Why reveal info to the community in this manner? I get that Drift0r has a large following. But why not post something to the community as a whole? Why not come on the official Forums and put this info out there and let the YouTube crowd use it as they see fit, with an official source to quote?  It is likely that he is telling the truth... but do we know that Michael Condrey actually DID call Drift0r or even that this is what they talked about and that he isn't making this up for views? Not accusing Drift0r of anything, just pointing out my issues with how the devs continue to fail at communicating effectively with the community as a whole.

Instead of "leaking" info to certain YouTubers... why not do a public release of info via these forums or this website?  Keep the guesswork and conjecture and misinformation at a minimum.

• Re: Exo-Skeleton Confirmed in MP, Community Communication...
          PUR4IDO

Drift0r has been the "go to" for the past few years and he has yet to be proven incorrect when it comes to this type of ( Pre-release )information.

I saw the video and as soon as he mentioned "fast paced" I was sold. I'm still not going to pre-order the game until I see some MP info, but I'm intrigued.

As for not posting this in the forum, why? This is forum is pretty dead. The bigger YT's, devs, etc rather post shyt on Reddit than here.

Ghosts forum is made up of a group of people that like the game, another group that doesn't & folks in between. Those folks bicker amongst each other and that's it.

Drift0r gets invited to events, so I rather hear it from him. Eventually makaaci or whatever his name is, will get to play the game and he will post info on this forum. He's usually the only one that does. He's pretty honest for a shill.

nicedrewishfela

He is hardly a shill, and is a very good friend and person. You should get to know him better.

My point is that we see this cycle every year. YouTubers guess and conjecture about elements in the game, and a lot of misinformation gets passed around. My point was more that they should put out official word on whatever they release as well to keep the misinformation from being spread. Doesn't have to be on this forum, perhaps the "News" Section on the AW main page?

PUR4IDO

He's a shill, he's very careful when saying anything negative about the game. I know he has his VIP status & doesn't want to lose it. Drift0r is same way. All these vip YT's have to choose their words carefully when speaking about the game.

A lot YT's guess, but Drift0r has not been wrong when it comes to this type of Information. He was correct about the last years title being called COD: Ghosts and he was correct about this years cod being set in the future & having futuristic weapons,etc.

I'm pretty sure Makkaci will vouch from drift0r.

nicedrewishfela

So by your logic.. you are a shill for Drift0r?

PUR4IDO

Pretty much. The only YT I trust when it comes to "legit" information about this franchise. Doesn't change the fact that he's a shill for Activision.

If you look at his past videos about Ghosts, he was one of the 1st yt's that stated their likes & dislikes about the game in a fair manner, choosing his words very carefully, but at least his did.

I don't think I have said anything negative about makkaci & have stated in the past that the information he posts about any COD, is honest & fair. I don't agree w  some of the things he or his son ramikansev say but I will agree like most of us, they have love for this franchise & don't want to see it die.

From what I read online, it seems like the guys at SHG are big into community feedback and using drift0r as a tool to get that information across is a wise move. The last thing  they want to do is create a post here and get replies like.. WTF, that's bullshit, etc. Nobody wants to see that.

nicedrewishfela

They can create posts without replies like stickies. All I am asking them to do is validate the information that is leaked out there so we know it is true. Drift0r is legit, no doubt.. but what about the thousands of irresponsible guys with YouTube Channels who steal the info from Drift0r and then proceed to add to it when they make a video for their viewers?

All I am asking for is accountability from the developer, just to back up the info they put out there with official info so the facts aren't lost.

maccabi

PUR4IDO wrote:

He's a shill, he's very careful when saying anything negative about the game. I know he has his VIP status & doesn't want to lose it. Drift0r is same way. All these vip YT's have to choose their words carefully when speaking about the game.

Not exactly sure how I am a "shill" , and yes i am very careful when I say anything negative about a cod game, something I do very often btw if you actually read my posts. Unlike some though I tend to avoid the "FIX YOUR GAME!!!!!111!!!!" type rants and concentrate on balanced constructive criticisms and opinions.

As for my VIP status and not wanting to lose it.. anyone who knows me well or follows me on twitter would know that is completely false. i have never once not said something for fear of losing my "vip" status in fact I have gone out of my way not to act in the manner you have said I do. I also am the only reg to be banned from the forums since our new hydra overlords took over for saying negative things (not exactly shill like )

PUR4IDO wrote:

I'm pretty sure Makkaci will vouch from drift0r.

Maccabi - seriously dude its not that hard of a name

As for vouching for Drift0r , yes would do so happily he unlike a lot of youtubers actually spends time researching stuff and bar a few exceptions in stuff usually imho is the most reliable yter when it comes to information about the games. He also like many CoD vips isnt  a yes man and has called our aspects of the game countless times.

gotsomestars
                        Drift0r is the "best" yt guy when it comes to cod, and no offense to him, but they're all just trying to make a buck. Tbh YouTube personalities have done more harm than good.
                          ghamorra

Call of Duty has become so political it disgusts me. It's become a game of favorites and lobbying, only listen to popular people with YouTube channels and MLG street cred. Ignore anyone else who has logical thoughts and ideas. This forum has a lot of members with excellent ideas on balancing the game and what direction it should take. They maybe opposing views, unpopular, and revolutionary but they're still great ideas that should be explored further.

However, no one cares about most of the forum members here.

BLUEMAGICxx34

They could be using the YT's to float idea's out there to see what the feedback is, not that they would change drastic info to hurt the YT's reputation though. For example, they tell Drift0r an idea they want to implement like a double jump ability, where you have to hit A twice to execute it and the maximum height you can achieve is similar to the new extinction "Awakening". Then Drift0r makes a video for it and based off the comments from the video on YT, people who post it on reddit, and people that post a video here, like yourself, SH can determine whether to go with the idea or not without any backlash. If the idea isn't well perceived then since no "official" word was given on it SH just doesn't let the idea see the "light of day" so to speak and doesn't lose out on pre-order sales. This could be over analyzing it and Drift0r is just in reality "buddy-buddy" with SH devs and they bounce ideas off of one another and SH does him a service by giving him early access to stuff like this.

biron_w

So "they take community feedback seriously" yet they don't even come on the OFFICIAL COD forums? Ok then

_Guest_

How exactly are they going to base the game around the EXO-SKELETON? I presume this will limit the movement of the player,but they want the game to be as fast as possible.It's going to be interesting to see how this works out.

nicedrewishfela

Been a few threads with theories on this.

The one I think makes the most sense is that the Exo-Skeleton would act as a vessel for perks as we currently know them. Basically, each part of the suit would be customized to enhance or provide abilities to the player. So, for example, players who enjoy faster movement (lightweight) would have a modification to their suit allowing faster movement such as lighter metal that allows for quicker movement but lessens armor. It may even work like the three tier system of old... with perks relating to the legs of the suit, perks relating to the torso, and perks relating to the head.

Izjar11

I have no issues with speed but why is it that we need to have "blazing" speed all the f--- time and I quote "we wanted to make a really fast paced COD game"

What is this obsession with "pace" and making things fast all the time?

It just puzzles me, as why. I play these games and play them successfully, but speed is not everything! It isn't.

WKMMS

I can understand them releasing information to a YT commentator.  It's not really any different than releasing something to the gaming media.  The difference between Drift0r and the average gaming media for example, is that his viewer base is predominately Call of Duty fans and his content is predominately Call of Duty.  Since he does do an awful lot of work in covering and promoting the franchise to his subscribers, much more than your average member of the game media, it's not surprising that they might want to throw him a nugget or two of "exclusive" information.  But let's be honest, they didn't tell him anything of amazing significance.  The told him there would be exo-suits in MP (like anyone here thought there wouldn't?)... and that they were going to try and make things balanced and listen to the community.  We've been hearing this sort of speak preceding the launch of the last several titles.

nicedrewishfela

Again, my issue isn't so much releasing it to YouTubers. What I would like to see is, any info they release, they should back up with an info sheet on their official site with that information so the info can be confirmed. Sure, Drift0r is pretty reliable, but the thousands who then take his information and make their own videos aren't always as careful or accurate with the info.

It would be nice to just have official documentation of any news released so it can be verified and clarified.