24 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 9:20 PM by Painfuljoy RSS

Match Making, Low Player Count, And Gamemodes

Immortal_FPS_GOD
      • I believe the match making can use some work, recently I played mw3 and notice how it didn't take long to find a match even with a low player count (less than 200 people and still found a match in MW3)

• There needs to be something done about the low player count, there needs to be a massive patch that i believe should make it feel like the ttk isn't to fast,( make it like mw3 or mw2 bring back those close quarter gunfights), return sniping back to the way it was in the beginning and add the crosshairs, add more recoil to all guns especially the lmgs, increase player speed, do a free expansion pack that brings back 4 small to medium maps from the past cods( I believe it will better the game and bring back people from the other cods back to this one,( also a huge weapon expansion that adds two weapons to each class),

• As for the Game Modes first remove all of squads mode except for safeguard ( squads mode is basically  super combat training , which is not needed since people can train in private matches, also turn safeguard into extinction which can give us a zombie like mode for extinction. Remove team tac( with the addition of clan v clan team tac is not needed and it is also the least played mode in the game)

• Add more game modes to increase the fun factor, game modes such as demolition, headquarters, ctf, sabotage, team defender and finally add grind. Also add the mode that the hackers found in the game files  called mugger , and add one in the chamber, all or nothing, sharpshooter, and more infected classes

• Combine gamemode into moshpits to keep each gamemode moshpit filled

• The Game modes will be:

• Team Deathmatch
      • Free for all
      • Kill Confirmed
      • Domination
      • FFA Gunplay: Gun Game, Sharpshooter,  and One in the chamber
      • Attack and Defend: CTF, Blitz and Sabotage
      • Team Objective: Demolition, Headquarters, Grind
      • Search and Reinforce: S&D, S&R, Reinforce
      • Clan vs Clan
      • Community Mode: All or Nothing, Infected, and
      • Party Games:  Cranked, Drop zone,
      • Ground War:
      • Hardcore Death Match: TDM, KC,
      • Hardcore Objective: Dom, S&R, Blitz
        • Re: Match Making, Low Player Count, And Gamemodes
          ghamorra

Your paragraph about adding speed and small/medium maps is a bad idea. Smaller maps are not needed. It makes the game chaotic thus lowering the quality of matches, hence the issues with Cranked. Instead, play Ground War. It has everything players love about faster paced matches as more players means more action. Increasing the physical speed only strains the connection.

sennalike

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• I believe the match making can use some work, recently I played mw3 and notice how it didn't take long to find a match even with a low player count (less than 200 people and still found a match in MW3)
            • There needs to be something done about the low player count, ....( I believe it will better the game and bring back people from the other cods back to this one,( also a huge weapon expansion that adds two weapons to each class),

How exactly would bringing the 200 people you saw in MW3 improve the player count and gaming experience in Ghosts?

Matchmaking is actually pretty good in Ghosts compared to other CoD.  It should always be about the quality and not the speed with which you find a match.  I play HC Dom with between 500 and 2,000 players playing and never have an issue finding a match.

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• there needs to be a massive patch that i believe should make it feel like the ttk isn't to fast,( make it like mw3 or mw2 bring back those close quarter gunfights),

TTK is no different in ghosts to other CoD.  It has always been between 1 and 5 bullets depending on the weapon used.  I have plenty of close quarter gunfights so don't see what the issue is there.

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• return sniping back to the way it was in the beginning and add the crosshairs, add more recoil to all guns especially the lmgs, increase player speed,

Absolutely nothing wrong with the sniper rifles and sniping in ghosts.  It is the way it should be..  Nothing wrong with the LMGs in Ghosts, they are actually worth using unlike previous CoD.  Nothing wrong with player speed, I have spectated many matches where players are running around way too fast for their level of competency and actually need to slow down.

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• do a free expansion pack that brings back 4 small to medium maps from the past cods( I believe it will better the game and bring back people from the other cods back to this one,( also a huge weapon expansion that adds two weapons to each class),

When previous maps are used all you hear is complaints and moans that "I've already paid for this map".

Just because you like small and medium size maps doesn't mean everybody does.  Ghosts actually has a good mix already in my opinion.

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• As for the Game Modes

Your ideas on game modes are just pure selfishness.  Delete the ones I don't play and add some I wouldn't mind playing.  Personally I detest moshpits, you get no consistency of players in a lobby as the mode changes half the lobby leave and matchmaking starts all over again.

Sorry to be negative, I am all for fresh ideas but yours come across as being entirely about what you want and not actually what will improve the experience for all.

Immortal_FPS_GOD

sennalike wrote:

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• There needs to be something done about the low player count, ....( I believe it will better the game and bring back people from the other cods back to this one,( also a huge weapon expansion that adds two weapons to each class),

How exactly would bringing the 200 people you saw in MW3 improve the player count and gaming experience in Ghosts?

Matchmaking is actually pretty good in Ghosts compared to other CoD.  It should always be about the quality and not the speed with which you find a match.  I play HC Dom with between 500 and 2,000 players playing and never have an issue finding a match.

There are more people than 200 in mw3, I was just saying how having a low player count in a playlist in mw3 doesn't make it hard to find a match in mw3 it is still fast to find  a lob by with a good amount of people, I wasn't just talking about mw3 players, I was talking about the bo2 players and the other cod players, While the matchmaking in ghosts is good I believe and it feels like the mw3 matchmaking is better.

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• there needs to be a massive patch that i believe should make it feel like the ttk isn't to fast,( make it like mw3 or mw2 bring back those close quarter gunfights),

TTK is no different in ghosts to other CoD.  It has always been between 1 and 5 bullets depending on the weapon used.  I have plenty of close quarter gunfights so don't see what the issue is there.

There is something wrong with the connection that affects ttk , something should be done about a 4 shot kill weapon feeling like a one shot kill.

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• return sniping back to the way it was in the beginning and add the crosshairs, add more recoil to all guns especially the lmgs, increase player speed,

Absolutely nothing wrong with the sniper rifles and sniping in ghosts.  It is the way it should be..  Nothing wrong with the LMGs in Ghosts, they are actually worth using unlike previous CoD.  Nothing wrong with player speed, I have spectated many matches where players are running around way too fast for their level of competency and actually need to slow down.

There is something wrong with sniper rifles, there really was no need to nerf them in ghosts,  LMGS are unfair it doesn't seem right to have a high damage weapon with a extra large clip with no recoil and it can have rapid fire, LMGs shouldn't be able to compete with smgs at close range or with snipers at long range all weapons need more recoil, Player speed should only be increase for when you play on the large matches

sennalike

I use LMGs a lot, not just in ghosts, but in every CoD, and they have no more advantage in ghosts than previously. In fact they are more disadvantaged because in previous CoD all the LMGs had no damage drop off at range, but in ghosts only the M27 has that. They are poor at close range, I find it hard to get the upper hand against SMGs and many assault rifles at close range. They do have recoil, keep your finger on fire and it doesn'ttake long to lose control. Movement wise, they are as slow as ever, even with speed perks. Where they have got better is slightly quicker reloading and ADS times.

As for sniper rifles, I used them to get operations completed, and they are fine, they are how a sniper rifle should be, as opposed to previous CoD where they could be used as SMG run n gun style.

Personally I feel the gun classes in ghosts are the best we have had in terms of being good for the intended purpose. SMGs are great at close range, poor at the rest, assault rifles are fair to good at any range, LMGs are great for medium to long range, and sniper rifles are good for long range. That's how it should be.

Immortal_FPS_GOD

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• do a free expansion pack that brings back 4 small to medium maps from the past cods( I believe it will better the game and bring back people from the other cods back to this one,( also a huge weapon expansion that adds two weapons to each class),

When previous maps are used all you hear is complaints and moans that "I've already paid for this map".

Just because you like small and medium size maps doesn't mean everybody does.  Ghosts actually has a good mix already in my opinion.

Immortal-" I don't have a problem with large maps I actually liked overlord, chasm, and all the large maps in mw3 and bo2, and there is no secret that the small to medium maps are the favorite maps for the majority, and I said "free expansion" nobody is going to complain about a free expansion 

Immortal_FPS_GOD wrote:

• As for the Game Modes

Your ideas on game modes are just pure selfishness.  Delete the ones I don't play and add some I wouldn't mind playing.  Personally I detest moshpits, you get no consistency of players in a lobby as the mode changes half the lobby leave and matchmaking starts all over again.

Sorry to be negative, I am all for fresh ideas but yours come across as being entirely about what you want and not actually what will improve the experience for all.

I'm not being selfish with the gamemodes I'm just giving  suggestions and the modes I suggested to remove are modes that aren't heavily played, the modes I suggest werent all from me they were modes I saw that people kept asking for

slyd0g55

It just needed to be on next-gen consoles, No double ups on game modes in Core & HC

• Core - (competitive) FFA TDM HQ Blitz  (fun) Gun Games - Aon OiTC S&S GG
                    • Hardcore - (competitive)  Dom S&D KC HardPoint (fun-ish) Infected, Sniper/Marksmen battle

Or similar ,just throwing ideas out there , But I do believe Core has got far to many game modes, I didn't add Ground War because I always found that mode laggy even spawn structures could be an issue

Sledgehammer23248

do you want to do away with squads so it would force players into multiplayer?  My brother is in the service and when we play there is always bad lag.... So we have to play squads... If not for squads, I may not play the game and I know of several players on my friends list that only play squads and wouldnt play the game if not for squads. 

Immortal_FPS_GOD

But, squads really is combat training, why would have another mode with bots when you can play with bots in private match

Painfuljoy

They play squads because they can still get experience for playing it and they can get to play against a full team?  Not sure about that since I've only played squads a few times, but you can only play against a certain amount at least it seemed like it in my private matches.

I'm actually not disliking Ghosts right now and I don't have any problem getting lobbies that are of really good quality.

As far as expansion maps are concerned, I've never noticed a "free" map.  Every time they did in the past it was taken from the total they'd promised to drop and instead would drop at a different time.  I would love for one tiny map like nuketown, but not nuketown yet again. 

The weapons are fine the way they are, but I'm sure they'll change them anyways. 

AntiGov

Grouping game modes into a mosh pit playlist is a sure fire way to kill the game, which I thought you didn't want to do?

See Far Cry 2 and Halo 3 (after lol reach launched) for reference.

nicedrewishfela

I completely discarded all of your ideas when I saw that you had so little respect for HC playrs than you relegated us into 2 Mosh Pits.

Ridiculous.