21 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 11:20 AM by ITS_SURRIDGE RSS

    Clan Open Challenges: Idea development

    Izjar11

      COD Advanced W

       

      Ghost proved that the best way to play the game is in a party, clan which ever. I am positive this will continue with AW so it occurred that a possible new system could be in place: Open Clan Challenges.

       

      What if clans who are actively playing can be challenged or challenge other clans in the game?

       

      Instead of forcing clans to play in a game mode by itself its simply (similar to inviting someone into your party) an invitation or challenge. The host accepts or refuses or sends them based on gamemode with the same rules as any normal playlist.

       

      I would assume we would have some leader board to this and points will be awarded to the clans who wins the most challenging clans of similar point status.

       

      More XP points could be awarded (for incentives) or clans that reach certain amount of wins, earn badges / patches / gun camos (what ever) exclusive to clan challenges.

       

      The goal would be to have clans face each other more often and provide probably some of the best games you will have (because we all know) when clans do face each other the matches are intense and fun.

       

      NOTE: This is just an idea, not a suggestion, not me telling the dev's what to do to.

       

      Your thoughts?

       

      Message was edited by: Izjar11

        • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
          ghamorra

          love it if they managed to come up with an awesome reward system. Maybe camos for Strike Package (like maybe red, white, and blue afterburn for planes, gold Care Packages, or jungle camo'd sentry guns). There's little you can do to show off your clan rank because the red clan tag scares people away and no one pays attention to patches and backgrounds.

            • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
              Izjar11

              ghamorra wrote:

               

              love it if they managed to come up with an awesome reward system. Maybe camos for Strike Package (like maybe red, white, and blue afterburn for planes, gold Care Packages, or jungle camo'd sentry guns). There's little you can do to show off your clan rank because the red clan tag scares people away and no one pays attention to patches and backgrounds.

              Right, currently when a clan shows their clan tag people run in a open challenge system we will have the incentive to stay for more XP or camos, or uniforms.

               

              Anything else you would think could improve the idea G?

                • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                  ghamorra

                  I always like the idea of having a store and buying stuff. Possible even go with an in-game currency which you can accumulate with points earned via Clan Wars, Clan Challenges, and post-max prestige challenges. Maybe even go crazy with a Clan HQ which lets the clan showcase trophies, MVPs, and whatnot.

                    • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                      Izjar11

                      ghamorra wrote:

                       

                      I always like the idea of having a store and buying stuff. Possible even go with an in-game currency which you can accumulate with points earned via Clan Wars, Clan Challenges, and post-max prestige challenges. Maybe even go crazy with a Clan HQ which lets the clan showcase trophies, MVPs, and whatnot.

                      Good idea

                      • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                        OUHATEME

                        What about a showcase that would show the clans that you have in challenges emblems. So every clan that you face in a challenge they would get to have your emblem on their showcase and you have theirs in yours ? Just to show participation call it the clans faced showcase ,, without the results on this part if it since it meant as more of a respectful thing. Your clan challenges record would be elsewhere. But after getting so many other clans emblems on your showcase should unlock something for your clan ie calling card or emblem. Just playing with some additional thoughts and getting them down before they are lost.

                          • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                            Izjar11

                            OUHATEME wrote:

                             

                            What about a showcase that would show the clans that you have in challenges emblems. So every clan that you face in a challenge they would get to have your emblem on their showcase and you have theirs in yours ? Just to show participation call it the clans faced showcase ,, without the results on this part if it since it meant as more of a respectful thing. Your clan challenges record would be elsewhere. But after getting so many other clans emblems on your showcase should unlock something for your clan ie calling card or emblem. Just playing with some additional thoughts and getting them down before they are lost.

                            Thats a very good idea, that brings to mind perhaps a "patch" or clan background (which could be used in the game) which will show victories, similar to aircraft pilots who have won and notched them on their planes

                    • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                      OUHATEME

                      For open clan challenges on a quick thought something similar to I think it was bo1 where you could place wagers with game money,, something along those lines to where you are putting your Xp against theirs on a selected amount and a preselected game mode and rules with a running challenges accepted and won tab to show off.  A type of private match but both clan leaders are able to view the rules from hc to core time limit ,health , from top to bottom and once a clan leader accepts the terms it would take both of them to approve any changes -- this would give hc clans a shot , it would give esports rules a shot , it would give those that remember bare bones a shot .. Yep it would give everyone a shot at whatever mode and rules they want that are available in private matches,,,, note clans must be at a certain level before they can enter this to prevent people from creating dummy clans to go against.   I'll probably have a more refined and or better answer after I think about it some more.

                        • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                          ghamorra

                          Maybe even wager points which are used for ranking. Say you get points based on where your players rank in the lobby.

                           

                          Win: 20 points

                          Loss: 1 point (you should be rewarded for being active)

                           

                          1st place player: 10 points

                          2nd place player: 8 points

                          3rd place player: 6 points

                          4th place player: 4 points

                          5th place player: 2 points

                           

                          Earned points can be wagered prior to the match start by clan officer.

                          • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                            Izjar11

                            OUHATEME wrote:

                             

                            For open clan challenges on a quick thought something similar to I think it was bo1 where you could place wagers with game money,, something along those lines to where you are putting your Xp against theirs on a selected amount and a preselected game mode and rules with a running challenges accepted and won tab to show off.  A type of private match but both clan leaders are able to view the rules from hc to core time limit ,health , from top to bottom and once a clan leader accepts the terms it would take both of them to approve any changes -- this would give hc clans a shot , it would give esports rules a shot , it would give those that remember bare bones a shot .. Yep it would give everyone a shot at whatever mode and rules they want that are available in private matches,,,, note clans must be at a certain level before they can enter this to prevent people from creating dummy clans to go against.   I'll probably have a more refined and or better answer after I think about it some more.

                            thats great OUHATME.

                             

                            Wagering XP on the match is a fantastic idea! Thanks.

                             

                            Yes to avoid boosting clans would have to be registered and some form of anti-cheating system would be used.

                          • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                            Izjar11

                            Reply from slydog

                             

                            slyd0g55 15 hours ago

                            I think there should be games where if your were in a clan/party you are not allowed in the lobby or if you do it shuffles, Maybe 3 tiers
                            - Core : FFA TDM HQ/HardPoint, S&D Blitz/Infected GunGame:mix AoN OiTC S&S GG
                            - HardCore : DOM S&D HP KC
                            - Clan Battle : DOM S&D KC Blitz HQ/HardPoint TDM - all moshpit , vote - (clans battle in separate unique  prestige emblem 1-10 , Ie Clan level 1 can only battle up to lvl5 , lvl5 can battle up to 8 , lvl 8 -10 ) Once at max prestige player title unlocks camo  , clan on guns, clan on uniform.

                             

                            Squad Points in use , max prestige , squad points unlocks carry , camo .skins name on weapon name on uniform purchases
                            All maps to be picked from the 2, or random map option

                             

                            The games modes I selected could be changed but no double ups between Core & HC, if you want to play a specific game enter that lobby -so match making can be better for player skill/area

                             

                            Separate emblems / titles & challenges are rewarded for the different tiers - maybe camo/ weapons , player skins , 

                             

                            I believe this will provide a stronger or enjoyable platform in all skill base players (maybe lol Izjar11)

                             

                            • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                              Izjar11

                              LifeSong1

                               

                              I would like your opinion on this thread for clan challenges.

                                • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                                  LifeSong1

                                  I think this is an interesting concept.  While I may bring up questions below, I'm not against the idea, just trying to think through some of it in a bit more detail. Just some thoughts on the top of my head

                                   

                                  • How do you find other clans to challenge?
                                  • How do you know if your clans skills are anywhere near the other clan's?
                                  • Can you specify the mode that you challenge in so if a clan is a HC TDM clan (that's what they primarily play) they can just do challenges in HC TDM?
                                  • There definitely needs to be the ability to specify core/hardcore or even custom rules like in private matches
                                  • Wagers aren't a bad thing, just something I could care less about.  Good clans would gain crazy XP this way though.
                                  • What happens if a clan needs to cancel or the clan numbers aren't matched? Or if someone gets disconnected mid-game, etc.
                                  • How are the maps determined? Just random like normal matchmaking? Or do they have to agree somehow?
                                  • Leaderboards or some sort of showcase would be nice
                                  • Would need to be careful about boosting (people creating a clan just to boost their friends clan for example)
                                  • Ultimately, there are a lot of rules that have to be defined and understood by the users before you begin, otherwise it won't work well.
                                  • Ideally, this would be incorporated into the game and not something standalone like GameBattles.

                                   

                                  I really like the idea though of having a way to challenge clans or even having clan wars be only against other clans and not just randoms.  One of the things I don't particularly care for with Clan Wars though is I have to play Core a lot (which I can't stand) as well as odd game modes that I don't care for (Cranked, Blitz, etc).  Having familiarity with multiple game modes both core and hardcore is good, but I find that I don't have as much fun during a war as I find myself getting frustrated in those modes.  Thus, with your idea I want people to be able to compete against clans in specific modes and not have to compete in modes I don't care about.  That would be ideal for me personally.  If someone challenged my clan to Domination and they were used to playing Domination, I can guarantee my clan would likely lose purely due to the fact that most of my members don't play Domination.

                                   

                                  Those are just a few of my thoughts (again, not saying it is a bad idea, just thinking it through). I would love to see a game implement this concept sometime. 

                                    • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                                      Izjar11

                                      Wow,

                                       

                                      your questions are good, really hadnt thought about those things...lets see

                                       

                                      • How do you find other clans to challenge?: A possible search list of clans with similar size / score level or win streak.
                                      • How do you know if your clans skills are anywhere near the other clan's?: I would presume since clan wars is based on wins, it would be size and W/L ration.
                                      • Can you specify the mode that you challenge in so if a clan is a HC TDM clan (that's what they primarily play) they can just do challenges in HC TDM? : Any mode, perhaps a "vote" option if the clans differ on the mode.
                                      • There definitely needs to be the ability to specify core/hardcore or even custom rules like in private matches : right
                                      • Wagers aren't a bad thing, just something I could care less about.  Good clans would gain crazy XP this way though.: Well, using the W/L size functionality the amount waged, has to be met by the other clan.
                                      • What happens if a clan needs to cancel or the clan numbers aren't matched? Or if someone gets disconnected mid-game, etc.If someone quits / or losses connection not sure, possibly just continue the game with one less player. If a clan quits, forfeits, they lose points and or all wages.
                                      • How are the maps determined? Just random like normal matchmaking? Or do they have to agree somehow?Random, as is normally or via vote.
                                      • Leaderboards or some sort of showcase would be nice: Yup.
                                      • Would need to be careful about boosting (people creating a clan just to boost their friends clan for example): Boosting is always an issue, but similar to any thing, the option to "report" a boosting clan should be made available. Similar to how we use to be able to see booster in MW3. Super high Wins or losses, are usually tall tell signs of boosting.
                                      • Ultimately, there are a lot of rules that have to be defined and understood by the users before you begin, otherwise it won't work well.: Well, I see it as a challenge, you accept it or dont, and you need to win. Obviously the game should be based on the size of the clan, and its win loss statistic.
                                      • Ideally, this would be incorporated into the game and not something standalone like GameBattles.: Yes, to make it  easy and not a chore.
                                  • Re: Clan Open Challenges: Idea development
                                    ITS_SURRIDGE

                                    I like the idea, i did have some of my own to put forward but unfortunatly im not allowed to post them :/ so you'll just have to make do with me agreeing