27 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2014 1:17 AM by Rexens_View RSS

what do you honestly think about ghosts compare to older CoD?

shadoslash

I know its late to post a topic like this but what do you think about ghosts? I see a ton of flaws in this game compared to others. Too many entries and exits where you can't strategically move around,too many players camp,hitmarks are off, more than enough perks,all about graphics and really not about the gameplay.older CoD were good and they didn't have that great of graphics. Most likely a guarantee that advanced warfare is pretty much going to be the same as ghosts. After ghosts I really lost my interest in the newer CoD. You can't make a game perfect because of everybody's point of view but if the company would've kept it how the old CoD games were then it would be pretty good. If I could play the old CoD I would but of course you have modders and hackers that pretty much ruins the game.

• Re: what do you honestly think about ghosts compare to older CoD?
          slyd0g55

I think it's an average game, can't wait to move on to the next thing, Still enjoyable at times, Ghosts didn't involve my favourite game mode HC S&D , so it will always be down the order compared with previous titles, I didn't suffer lag, bad lobbies hit detection problems that many here stated with previous CoD's, thou at times, I feel it happened in Ghosts!   Playing just HC DOM , the odd HC TDM (with trials of other modes) because I couldn't find a game is frustrating, sometimes I wonder if I just stuck to my PS3 & BO2 I would have better conversations with online mates, but I was eager to be part of the next gen movement & was hyped for Ghosts. Ghosts brought me here to the forums.   

LVLikeG

I think that it isn't as good as many of the previous CoD games.

I think Extinction was a step in the right direction for IW.  I feel like it is more story line driven than zombies and wish they would have made the DLC free for it.  That would probably have brought more players to it.

The campaign didn't really explain how the Federation took over and the Rorke story was kind of a boring, typical revenge story that didn't have much back story to set it up.  It seemed kind of short and the ending was a let down. 

Ghosts multiplayer seems to have better hit detection.  The character customization and clan wars were good additions.  The DLC is creative.  With that said, the multiplayer maps are too big and have so many angles to get shot from that it leads to more random gameplay.  They removed some great modes in favor of ones that aren't as good.  The streaks take away from the balanced player vs player gameplay.  The perk and unlock system takes away from the need to level up and complete challenger to make the classes you want.  etc, etc, etc.  Those are just some of the reasons that I don't enjoy it as much as other Call of Duty games.

yogosans

I like it better then MW3 that's for sure. I liked it when it first came out but got tired of the huge maps, then I bought the map packs and the as more patches rolled out the game has become a lot more fun for me now. I love the newest map pack, lot less campers. I think the maps from the map pack should have been the original maps because its obvious everyone hates the original maps for their huge size. I love the graphics in this game and the guns (I hope the honey badger is in AW ) but its not my favorite. My all time favorite is WaW.

Overall I really like the game, but its nothing innovative. I give it overall a 8.5/10.

Izjar11

Its different and that is what counts, its connection quality is better than the last two titles, provided quality hit detection, clan focused and a variety of choices.

This game is good, better than other titles in its own way as each other title was better than the previous in its own way.

claisty

I've been playing a lot of the older titles lately and it's amazing how quickly the nostalgia hits you and you start to look back on the good times with those games.  You forget about the noob-tubing, QS'ing, Last standing, frustration of past games.  Given enough time I think people will look back on Ghosts and see the pros it brought to the table and its contribution towards the advancement of the franchise.

I personally enjoy Ghosts and other than a rough patch in Dec - Feb time frame it has been fairly stable for me.  As far as comparisons go I'd put it right in the middle on my list, roughly equal with BO1 as far as enjoyment. 

xX--MattySW--Xx

Thing is, if they made ghosts along the same line as the older cods which as you say are so great, everyone would complain that there's nothing new, so they can't win.

I like all of them in their own right,  which is key.......not to compare them all.

nicedrewishfela

Not sure how an Opinion Thread qualifies as a Question... but OK.

Personally, been enjoying Ghosts. I think it has a lot of really interesting ideas and can be a lot of fun to play.

There is, however, something missing. So many of my long-time CoD friends have disappeared during this game's life cycle and I have had to play lone wolf primarily. It is hard to pin down, but there is something missing from this title. Maybe it is the spawns, or maybe, like you pointed out, the iffy layouts of the maps, but the fun factor just ins't there.

I don't think it stands up to previous titles, personally. A Combination of a lack of challenges and poor create a class system has led to the game feeling monotonous and dull at times. It's fun, but in small doses.

I could play Black Ops for hours. This game, I am good with a few matches and I am ready for something else.

matuzz

Honestly just boring. None of the previous CoDs have made me drop my interest this fast.

WhyNoName

Been playing COD since MW and to me, Ghosts is simply not fun.  It isn't the worst - World At War for me was the least fun.  But, it just doesn't carry my interest like the other games.  BO2 had its fair share of issues, but it was at least fun.  The game does have a few pros, but it just simply lacks the fun factor.

Jhumpss

Good balance of guns, more customisation, hit detection and connection has improved (never going to be perfect to many outside factors). Terrible map design, It's like they tried to take market share from BF. Some of the worst maps in COD history, clearly made for next gen 8v8, still the maps feel poor. Campers paradise. CvC is terrible compared to league play. Fun factor has dropped massively. People need to realise as you get older you wont enjoy playing as much as your childhood, teenage years, that has a massive factor in the nostalgia. Newer titles will never reach the heights that older titles accomplished. COD4 being the pinnacle, and I would say it went downhill after MW2. BO2 had the potential to be great again but the connection problems ruined the game. I would say the main issue with this game is the maps, if it had more memorable maps the game would be a lot more positive. COD is just a cash cow now.

stumpsigpi

My favorite sice BO1. Good hit detection, smooth to play at least on the XBone. The release maps were weak overall, but the DLC maps have been excellent for the most part, miss the game changer streaks like the AC130.

sometimes I run, sometimes I use tactical immobilization And hold an area for my team to control spawns and keep the rear and flank from opening up.

Personnally I think if this game would have shipped with the DLC maps and BO2/ MW3 strength kill streaks it would have been one of the best ever instead of number four or five overall.

Carvalho16

This game is a bit of a casual killer. The flow just isn't there at times.

JesusHchrist

Its a bag of *&%$.. Spawn still doesn't work.. just started 7 times on the escalators and got spawn killed every time..weapon classes are a joke (back to pistols across the map) and its now a micro transaction gimic like candy crush !!! I mean why run round as an astronaught in a war game FFS...

It looks good, it is making money and still very much talked about.. so yeah we will look back on its good points, but we will look back on how much it cost us too.. log just like candy crush.. lets let King develop next years offering..