17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2014 7:16 AM by TheLegitGamerBR RSS

BO2 server OFF?

BO2 server OFF???

• Re: BO2 server OFF?
          Crinkzkull08

You can check on this link for more details about server status: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Status

I am having the same issue on PS3 right now. My friends are able to play but I am not, it was working fine last night and before that even... I reset my router twice and even tried to open my NAT type up cause normally it is on moderate and it still says servers are down. Ugh.

I am having the same problem.  Tried rebooting modem and router.....still no good.

borton22

If you guys fixed it, please let me know what you did, been having that problem for 2 days now.

Thanks

nuttin2say

You guys that are having issues might be better served contacting Activision Support. Other community members may be able to help you identify and find solutions for the problems you are having, however more information is needed.

What platform are you playing on?

Connection type? Wifi, DSL?

Does the situation occur when simply trying to connect to Black Ops II multiplayer, or does it happen when you attempt to enter a specific game mode and then apply to the entire game?

With some routers, sometimes a couple of things have to be adjusted in order to secure Open NAT. Regardless, just to be sure, when you changed your NAT settings to "Open," did you cycle your router and all other connected devices on and off?

There has been a spate of similar complaints in the forums. Many of those complaints have had support cases initiated via private message. To have your issues handled in that fashion, I would recommend contacting either SavageHam or OGHuxtable . BlackIce is also a great member of the forum support staff and there are others who may be able to help get you in the right direction, as well.

borton22

I have contacted support multiple times about this. Gave them all the information they needed and at the end told me I had to contact the ISP. Which I did but they can't help me because they are saying my internet works fine, especially that I'm able to play other games like GTA V multi-player. I've been trying to figure this out for the last three days. In the end no one can really help me. They both throwing the ball toward each other which leaves me between them and unhappy. FYI, I did plug my PS3 directly into my modem and it was still not working so I doubt it is the router causing the issue. Last thing I tried is to take my PS3 to a friend and connected to his network and then I was able to connect on-line. So it's not something wrong about my account. I called back the ISP after this last try and they had the same speech. So I'm clueless now. Don't know what to do other than strop trying.

Crinkzkull08

borton22 wrote:

I have contacted support multiple times about this. Gave them all the information they needed and at the end told me I had to contact the ISP. Which I did but they can't help me because they are saying my internet works fine, especially that I'm able to play other games like GTA V multi-player. I've been trying to figure this out for the last three days. In the end no one can really help me. They both throwing the ball toward each other which leaves me between them and unhappy. FYI, I did plug my PS3 directly into my modem and it was still not working so I doubt it is the router causing the issue. Last thing I tried is to take my PS3 to a friend and connected to his network and then I was able to connect on-line. So it's not something wrong about my account. I called back the ISP after this last try and they had the same speech. So I'm clueless now. Don't know what to do other than strop trying.

Given this, there's a possibility you may need some portforwarding done. Since your console and your account was able to connect on your friend's connection. BO2 has very different ports as compared to GTA V. The best people who can help you out with this is your internet provider. I would suggest you just don't call them. I would recommend you have them portforward your router and console as well. They may need to perhaps remotely access your router's firewall and ports.

nuttin2say

100% agree with Crinkz.

Not only is your console working properly on a friend's network, you also mentioned skipping the router and plugging directly to your modem. When you do that, the only difference is that your modem is then operating as a router.

You still have to adjust NAT settings and port forward as Crinkz explained.

Don't run directly through your modem to do that. It isn't necessary and is more trouble than its worth if you've got other devices connected to your network. I have to run some errands but I'll check back later. There's some good threads here in the forums that can help you figure out how to open your NAT and set up port forwarding. I'll find those links in a bit.

borton22

Thanks for your help but I have to tell that I first did everything that is mentioned here : http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/PS3_Call_o f_Duty_-_Black_Ops_II.htm

So I did all the port forwarding and other stuff mentioned here as well : https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Problem-Connecting-to-an-Onlin e-Game-for-PlayStation-3

Talked with three different agent of Activision and they all sent me to my ISP.

If you have other ideas, I'm willing to test, I just feel like I did everything I found on that issue. I searched a lot.

Thanks.

borton22

For some reasons, it's working for me today. Only conclusion I can make is that it was not a router issue. It's either COD's server or something, or my ISP. But it's now working for me and didn't do anything.

nuttin2say

Well, that's another issue that, for now, is mostly being ignored. ISPs ARE throttling traffic. And video games get the lowest priority. If your ISP was having a heavy traffic spike (that can last for many hours, sometimes days), then they may have given PSN / XBL such low priority that you could not find a lobby. Don't take that as an insult to your ISP ... they are all doing it.

borton22

That's weird that after so many calls to my ISP they keep saying everything is fine. Anyway, I'll keep that in mind next time instead of trying to fix it with my router and stuff, this is probably my ISP, and I'll wait a few days.

Thanks for the info.

nuttin2say

Yeah, they aren't likely to admit they are throttling content. In the long run, content providers are going to have to pay for premium delivery. In the mean time, content that gets the most traffic gets priority. That's what the whole net neutrality debate is about. ISPs want to eventually charge heavy users for higher priority. This sounds bad, but video games take up a pretty small amount of bandwidth according to other forum members in the know. Higher volume bandwidth users are companies like Google, Facebook, Netflix, etc ... who claim to want to keep the internet "neutral" and force ISPs to retain quality of service regardless of bandwidth volume. In other words, they don't want to have to pay for premium amounts of volume. Thus, the ISPs have to take away volume from entities that don't use much volume ... which includes, as I said, video games.

nuttin2say

Ugh. My brother uses a LinkSys variant. I had hoped he would go get a NetGear to replace it, but he didn't. Nonetheless, we got his system working great.

Let me ask you another question ... how long have you had that router?

SavageHam

Hello,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^AJ

TheLegitGamerBR

Hey guys,im probably late but,did you try changing your search preferences to normal or any? it happened to me on PS3 and when i change dit. To any it worked just fine